League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Constant lag and "Attempting to connect to server" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2870316)

Dr Snapped 12-05-2012 04:27 PM

Constant lag and "Attempting to connect to server"

I don't know WHAT my problem is, but I just started playing again and everything works fine for about 30 seconds. Then the game reacts to my commands in an INCREDIBLY DELAYED fashion, and soon breaks into "Attempting to reconnect" constantly. I cannot play AT ALL unless whatever's causing this is fixed. And no, I'm not going to reinstall, because I already tried and it didn't work at all.

Tell me what to check/do and I'll do it, except for reinstalling.

EDIT: This happens on both the PBE client and the live game client.

Aine41 12-05-2012 04:58 PM

OMG, thats exactly what happens to me. Started today after I started to play the new season patch, cant play, only with bots, with bots there is not a problem

Dr Snapped 12-05-2012 05:01 PM

I've only tried vs. bots. I won't DARE go into a PVP game and bring my team down with these issues.

Baldey 12-05-2012 05:04 PM

Riot, please stop closing threads about this problem.

I have lost 10 ranked games to this by now. Normal games seem fine, so i go to play ranked and LAG SPIKES. or sometimes none... I think its because i play normals in the begining of the day, and sometime after noon lag spikes run rampid in both normals and ranked. This has been happening for two or so weeks now, and was never a problem before. so i will detail everything i can about this problem.

Symptoms:
Champion freezes, and appears to run in place after every click. Glitches forward and back everso slightly. Immediately followed by a large lag spike, anywhere from 1-5k ms.
Seems to be random, i tried to time it once: first lag at 7 minutes into game, next 3 minutes 20 seconds after, next 4 minutes 10 seconds, next 3 minutes 40 seconds...
Sometimes resolves itself instantly, but lags again and again multiple times in short succession. Any text appears after lag goes away.
Sometimes "attempting to reconnect" pops up for 10 or so seconds, and lag slowly dissapates.Any text appears after lag goes away completely.
Sometimes after a short amount of lag freezes your champion completely. When this happens, you can type to your team mates just fine, but you cant move at all. at least you can recall.
During any type of "lag" you can see your team running and using abilities and dodging spears just fine. Minions don't run in place, but the health bars disappear sometimes, sometimes not. You are left helplessly frozen in place, or even worce executing a preset path straight into their turret. Or after sending a command to go ward, run face-first into a crowded bush.

Thinking this was a problem on my end, as i live with a number of room mates and am savvy with computers, i decided to try to isolate the issue. Here is what i tried.
At first, i suspected bit torrent, or some kind of software downloading things automatically. So i made sure everything on my computer and my room mate's computer was turned off. Everything, i even disabled windows updates and uninstalled antivirus software. Problem persists.
I thought maybe i missed something, so i started pulling wires while my friend was playing a game and testing for the lag. First i disabled the wireless and the whole of upstairs. No change, still massive lag spikes every few minutes. Then i unpluged the other two computers downstairs from the router, one by one. No change. Then i unplugged his computer and ran it on mine, being the only one plugged into the router. No change, lagged within the first 5 minutes, no less then 10 massive lagspikes later lost game.
I reset the router and modem by unplugging them and taking a shower. Plugging only myself in, still lagged about 8 times, but won. Darius OP.
Unplugged the router altogether and went straight into modem, still having lag spikes.

Conclusion:
I was able to rule out computer issues, ad this lag happens on both my room mate's computer and mine, at the exact same time and the same duration, even if were in different games. Trying to play on on both computers, one at a time with all others are unpluged, still lags consistently.
Ruled out router issues, as lag persists when plugged straight into modem.
What i will do next:
I will try to find a ping testing site and run it alongside a game of lol, and see if my network experiences lag during spikes, or if its something else.

Riot, please pay attention to this issue. I know you are busy with the new patch, but this is making game unplayable for many...

Aine41 12-05-2012 05:05 PM

I was okay with the bots, was trying to learn the itens and all of that before playing woth other persons. The first game with people was okay, but now I was in one game and couldnt play. I was like, tree steps,and then trying to reconnect

Dr Snapped 12-07-2012 10:32 AM

Bump.

Pessimistic 12-07-2012 01:55 PM

I've had the same problem as well. Load into game(PBE or live) and get hit with massive MS spikes (1500+). There seems to be some sort of lag during champ select as well. I see something along the lines of me dcing for split seconds. Before the patch I was at 60 fps and 12-30 ms.

Sacarious 12-07-2012 03:55 PM

same problem

Dr Snapped 12-09-2012 08:17 PM

'nother bump. Cmon, Riot.

Bokagna 12-10-2012 12:42 AM

Cmon Riot! Losing a bot match cuz of this lag!