League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Black Cleaver is too strong (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2869492)

PiplupFtw 12-05-2012 12:16 PM

Black Cleaver is too strong

The problem with Black Cleaver is that you can stack four of these thanks to having no unique passives.

And look how cost efficient it is:
250 health = 656 gold
50 AD = 2000 gold
that enough might already make it worthy to stack
but you also get cooldown reduction, armor penetration, and an amazing passive for just 200 gold.

I suggest making the CDR, armor pen, and passive unique to fix this problem. This item is actually very good for the game and will really help AD casters, but this shouldn't be the only item AD casters build.

This isn't a QQ thread btw, I main Wukong who has probably the best synergy in the game with this item (Wukong's ult + armor shred passive), so I'm sharing this not because I got stomped by a 4 Black Cleaver Pantheon but because I truly believe that this item is OP.

Alarcarr 12-05-2012 12:34 PM

U losing the % arp passive if u stack it.

IonDragonX 12-05-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiplupFtw (Hozzászólás 32121609)
This isn't a QQ thread btw, I main Wukong who has probably the best synergy in the game with this item (Wukong's ult + armor shred passive), so I'm sharing this not because I got stomped by a 4 Black Cleaver Pantheon but because I truly believe that this item is OP.

Looks like a QQ thread to me. Why not run it yourself until the opponents QQ about it for you?

Real Terror Wukong
4 x Black Cleaver
Merc Treads
Guardian Angel

Amorenkaire 12-05-2012 12:52 PM

Yeah, just got to experience a Zed who build Ghostblade, then three Black Cleavers (and was on his way to building a third).

At the very least, the Armor Penetration of Brutilizer, Ghostblade, and Black Cleaver should be a unique passive, like magic penetration is for Haunting Guise and its upgrades. The fact that its not just seems... weird.

Yuan Shikai 12-05-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorenkaire (Hozzászólás 32122960)
Yeah, just got to experience a Zed who build Ghostblade, then three Black Cleavers (and was on his way to building a third).

At the very least, the Armor Penetration of Brutilizer, Ghostblade, and Black Cleaver should be a unique passive, like magic penetration is for Haunting Guise and its upgrades. The fact that its not just seems... weird.

This was commented on by reds and described as fully intentional.

Technician Tim 12-05-2012 01:38 PM

if its so good then build them every game, you will see the probable downfall..
it gives nice offensive stats but you have no resists if you grab 4 of these, you arent going to be hitting crits, no sustain, and theres no active effects, which i really like to have

the good ol IE/BT/PD and occasional BC (i do on vayne, or did in s2) is still better than 4 of the new BC, more stats in general, plus some crit and lifesteal, you still will have no actives, but you will melt anything without loads of armor

but if you guys notice, like i just did, i feel like riot is making all these strong bruiser champs pick resists vs damage, you know the ones that could leap into your team and kill the ad carry, ap carry, and support before you could kill them? NO MORE THEY CANT!!! well now resists are more expensive and damage is cheaper, carrys are now free to carry once again, and no more getting towerdived every 2 mins because alister has a wardens mail

Dondarrion 12-05-2012 06:20 PM

Sucks but it's true, it is really strong on Bruisers, but it was originally meant for assassins I'm pretty sure, makes me sad because it'll probably get nerfed and Talon is my favourite champ. Nearly as sad as when they took out Lord Van Damm's Pillager.

Morericecakes 12-05-2012 11:50 PM

hi

Edge363 12-06-2012 08:28 AM

I dont think its too strong, but stacking it makes itemization silly for many champs, why not just make it unique passives, having a good item for a lot of champs doesnt make it op, it makes it fit wha tthe designers were aiming after. I would hate to have it nerfed but then not have unique passives, that would mean htat you had to stack it for it to be effective, withc would be WAYYYY worse than people stacking it because they want too.

Shalloway 12-06-2012 10:59 AM

It decreases the falloff of champs like Renekton and Pantheon and so fourth. This item was made for bruisers lol. If that means seeing more Pantheons and Renektons, Talons, etc so be it. I say bring it on.

Oh yeah, brings Urgot out a lot more as well.

Good job Riot!