League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Swain theorycrafters? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2869459)

Level 5 Pikachu 12-05-2012 12:08 PM

Swain theorycrafters?

Any builds for Swain? I've been trying out the new items (Iceborn Gauntlet, Liandry's, Twin Shadows, Mikael's, Shard of True Ice) and I think that out of those, only Liandry's and possibly Iceborn are worth it.Twin Shadows is borderline for me, and Mikael's is situational for me. Other than that, I still like RoA/Athene's/Abyssal/FH/Deathcap/Zhonya's/WotA on him.

Currently my build is: RoA, Athene's, Zhonya's, Liandry's, Abyssal and then boots. Any opinions/comments?

Voidgolem 12-05-2012 12:09 PM

...why the hell are you buying support and tank items on Swain, it's pretty obvious who they're meant for.

Your suggested build lacks Rylais, DFG, Deathcap, and WotA. Would suggest changing that.

Level 5 Pikachu 12-05-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voidgolem (Hozzászólás 32121383)
...why the hell are you buying support and tank items on Swain, it's pretty obvious who they're meant for.

Your suggested build lacks Rylais, DFG, Deathcap, and WotA. Would suggest changing that.

I use Deathcap and WotA sometimes, but I feel DFG isn't as useful on Swain with the huge nerfs and Rylai's costs too much for its lackluster stats (Swain already has a slow, and AoE reduces slow amount).

Swain also gets into teamfights and does sustained damage (unless you blow everything on a squishy, then they will probably die quickly), so I feel he needs to have some more tanky stats to help him live. Zhonya's synergizes with his ult and since you're in the heart of the enemy team, Abyssal aura works. Just my opinion though.

LVIXI 12-05-2012 12:17 PM

im staying with the build i used last season until i can find a really good item that works on him
Edit: also my build was RoA > Abyssal > deathcap or wota. then zhonyas and either a FH or banshee's

Squirrelagator 12-05-2012 12:18 PM

You should almost always build Deathcap on Swain. The massive damage spike means he can heal more in his ult and you can kill things faster. You can easily get tankiness from the rest of your items due to the massive options AP champs have in itemization.

Level 5 Pikachu 12-05-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexicanwookie (Hozzászólás 32121642)
im staying with the build i used last season until i can find a really good item that works on him

Liandry's works pretty well with him imo

Bynaar 12-05-2012 12:20 PM

My build in S2 was: Sorc Boots, Athene's, Deathcap for nearly every game.
Other items would be Abyssal, Rylai's, Void Staff, Wota, or Zhonya's depending on the game.

I haven't been mid yet, but I'm probably gonna be considering Liandry's over Rylais, though rylai's is a really nice item.

Archangel's looks like it might be nice too, but I'll likely build it in one or two games to see how it turns out.

Level 5 Pikachu 12-05-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrelagator (Hozzászólás 32121662)
You should almost always build Deathcap on Swain. The massive damage spike means he can heal more in his ult and you can kill things faster. You can easily get tankiness from the rest of your items due to the massive options AP champs have in itemization.

I sometimes skip Athene's and get a Deathcap later on in the game (imo RoA Swain>Athene's Swain) and then make up for my lack of MR with Abyssal.

Toxic Toothpick 12-05-2012 12:23 PM

new Archangel's Staff seems rather decent for Swain.
His Ultimate will very quickly stack it, and if he shields himself for a bunch he buys some time to heal.
More mana is also more ult time, so that works out well too.

LVIXI 12-05-2012 12:26 PM

Also, imo I dont get items like Athene's or DFG or Archangel's on Swain because if you can last hit you wont have mana problems and RoA Is just better on him all around