League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Anyone noticed how Riot has now pulled a North Korea on the new TT? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2867900)

rocketdrive 12-05-2012 12:00 AM

Anyone noticed how Riot has now pulled a North Korea on the new TT?

When was the last red post in the TT forums?

what have they done, other than a publicity stunt post, about the petition that so many have already signed?

Why would a company say this game is about the players and then blatantly ignore the players in favor of developing something some 7 year old thinks is "cool"?

And here I thought Riot was developing a competetive game instead of "hey if one random loner who never talks to anyone clicks a button to say he is having fun then we must obviously be doing the best for the entire community".

The very least they could do is advertise this game as a "for fun" game in stead of "competetive". At least then you would know their priorities.

ButterPumpkins 12-05-2012 12:43 AM

an educational film for your and general forum thread-title betterment

youtube.com/watch?v=6NMr2VrhmFI

DicDastardly 12-05-2012 04:29 AM

Can't please everyone brohan. The vocal minority shouldn't be their focus anyways imo.

Redenbacher 12-05-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketdrive (Hozzászólás 32106978)

what have they done, other than a publicity stunt post, about the petition that so many have already signed?

Why would a company say this game is about the players and then blatantly ignore the players in favor of developing something some 7 year old thinks is "cool"?

And here I thought Riot was developing a competetive game instead of "hey if one random loner who never talks to anyone clicks a button to say he is having fun then we must obviously be doing the best for the entire community".

The very least they could do is advertise this game as a "for fun" game in stead of "competetive". At least then you would know their priorities.

1) Here's a post from one day ago, flooded by all the garbage threads generated in this forum over the course of a day: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post32041966

2) Please define 'so many' in the context of the entire TT player base, including those that don't post on the forums. Please provide a link or attachment with real numbers.

3) It's about the most players. That's a business model... and a profitable one. If 90% of your player base approve with their wallets, but the vocal minority 10% do not approve with their flagrant forum posts, what decision do you stick with (assuming you want to make money)?

4) See #3

5) The definition of 'fun' and 'competitive' are subjective. Further, I don't believe a game can be competitive if it's not fun.

Now why don't we spend our time posting something constructive, rather than incoherent raging? Thank you for my daily dose of internet anonymity entitlement.

RoketPoweredFilo 12-05-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redenbacher (Hozzászólás 32110502)
1) Here's a post from one day ago, flooded by all the garbage threads generated in this forum over the course of a day: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post32041966

2) Please define 'so many' in the context of the entire TT player base, including those that don't post on the forums. Please provide a link or attachment with real numbers.

3) It's about the most players. That's a business model... and a profitable one. If 90% of your player base approve with their wallets, but the vocal minority 10% do not approve with their flagrant forum posts, what decision do you stick with (assuming you want to make money)?

4) See #3

5) The definition of 'fun' and 'competitive' are subjective. Further, I don't believe a game can be competitive if it's not fun.

Now why don't we spend our time posting something constructive, rather than incoherent raging? Thank you for my daily dose of internet anonymity entitlement.

Well said.

All the nay sayers and forum QQ around any change is in most cases people afraid of change. Change requires relearning or learning NEW play styles or features. I honestly like the new TT as it is now possible to play and excell on ap squishie's. The altar's speed shrines and lack of wards make a for a more diverse and skillful playing set. Also promotes communication and high map awarenes.

rocketdrive 12-05-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xilendra (Hozzászólás 32116460)
Well said.

All the nay sayers and forum QQ around any change is in most cases people afraid of change. Change requires relearning or learning NEW play styles or features. I honestly like the new TT as it is now possible to play and excell on ap squishie's. The altar's speed shrines and lack of wards make a for a more diverse and skillful playing set. Also promotes communication and high map awarenes.

Do oh so explain how lack of sight increases map awareness. Am I missing out on some map detail that will tell me where my enemies are despite them not being within direct line of sight on TT? I wasnt aware of any such new advantages.

So you like the new map because it's easier for you to troll on? you enjoy the "improved" TT just because you now find it easier to troll with squishies?

You think adding dominion elements into what is supposed to be a smaller version of rift increases skill and diversifies game play in a possitive way?

Heres a side question, Do you play starcraft? what if in starcraft they addeda button that every 5 seconds if they pressed it they got a free amount of minerals and gas. The amount would be rather small but the difference would stack up over time. Do you think starcraft players would embrace this change with a smile upon their face as something simply to "increase skill and diversify gameplay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redenbacher (Hozzászólás 32110502)

4) See #3

1) There was a red post made 11 hours before I typed this up satisfying this point despite your lack of comprehending it
Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 32117771)
Over the next few patches, we're going to be implementing a series of changes that should address some of the points you've listed.

If all goes well, 1.73 should allow for altar captures to be interrupted temporarily by damage. This will allow ranged champions to stop captures without putting themselves in danger. Note that this will primarily address 1v1 or 1v2 situations in which the "1" feels helpless; in larger teamfights, it'll just mean you have to dedicate one or two players to stop the harassment.

1.74+ will see the removal of speed shrine, replacing it with something to be decided. Additional evolution of altar capture rules and rewards will occur as well. I'm not convinced that there are any small number of changes that can allow wards to be re-introduced, but we are looking into options. Stay tuned :)

2)Should every argument that is made be held for several months as the argue-er sifts for data that might then be irrelevant to his argument by the time he comes upon it? To my knowledge this is a forum about the map and not a legal house of proceeds that follows a strict rule of conduct.

3)In the same system them, why would you listen to 90% who don't money instead of the 10% who do if "all you look for is profit"? If this were so true why do they even try to balance anything instead of leave a number of champions overpowered to crank in profits from people buying those champions? Why go complete free to play when they could just as easily lock off several OP champs from free players while making them puchasable with real world money?

4) I fail so see the point other than your OCD and like to have 5 pionts at all times. If you only have 4 points do not simply redirect to a different arguement that you have already stated and claim it is a different point.

5) The definition of fun may be subjective but the definition of competetive is quite objective. Is any sport that requires competition a competetive sport? is any game that requires competition a competitive game? If you can give a game that is through internal dynamics a competition but is not played as a competitive game then I will withdraw my statement, but the circumstances must be a competition that has no point in itself, which would quite and odd game but no doubt a good discovery.

teh d wreck 12-05-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketdrive (Hozzászólás 32106978)

I stopped reading here. You can easily see many red posts on the front page of these forums.

Undertaker c2 12-05-2012 11:15 PM

TIL: unapologetically streamlining and improving a video game experience to the disdain of few and the enjoyment of many is what North Korea is known for.

Redenbacher 12-06-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketdrive (Hozzászólás 32139160)
Do oh so explain how lack of sight increases map awareness. Am I missing out on some map detail that will tell me where my enemies are despite them not being within direct line of sight on TT? I wasnt aware of any such new advantages.

Well... yea. You're forced to actually keep your eyes on the lanes. Are you pushed to middle and the enemy has disappeared from the map? Well, I bet they're heading across speed shrine right now to gank you.

If you have wards, the only thing you're paying attention to are the two areas of the map you warded. The map is tiny, if you use your brain you can have a pretty good idea of where the enemy is before you're ganked. That's map awareness.

Oh, and they are removing the speed shrine in the future. So, yay!

Quote:

1) There was a red post made 11 hours before I typed this up satisfying this point despite your lack of comprehending it

Then, perhaps I wasn't clear on the point of this statement: "When was the last red post in the TT forums?"

...and what that has to do with North Korea.

Quote:

2)Should every argument that is made be held for several months as the argue-er sifts for data that might then be irrelevant to his argument by the time he comes upon it? To my knowledge this is a forum about the map and not a legal house of proceeds that follows a strict rule of conduct.

Any argument that is going to made on the assumption of 'many' should have evidence to back up that claim. To you, 3,000 signatures on a forum petition is 'many'. To Riot, 3,000 signatures to their 30 million players is a drop in the ocean. It was an invalid argument from the get-go. Just like your preceding statement.

Quote:

3)In the same system them, why would you listen to 90% who don't money instead of the 10% who do if "all you look for is profit"? If this were so true why do they even try to balance anything instead of leave a number of champions overpowered to crank in profits from people buying those champions? Why go complete free to play when they could just as easily lock off several OP champs from free players while making them puchasable with real world money?

Again, you have no evidence that the players raging about the new TT are providing Riot with the majority of their revenues. Unless you can prove to both of us otherwise, again the argument is invalid.

As to your next points, doing so would create a poor experience and drive away players. Players without much disposable income would no longer play the game, and those remaining would all have the 'OP' champions. Appealing to the largest possible number of players is a hedging strategy, where as they may lose revenue from one player, another player may start spending more money (economic down turns, layoffs, raises, promotions, etc.) It's in their best interests to appeal to as many players as possible. eSports would be ruined, because games would be comprised of the same champions, over and over again. Advertising revenues would plummet as viewership falls... and Riot lays off half it's staff to stay alive. Not a good time for anyone.

Quote:

4) I fail so see the point other than your OCD and like to have 5 pionts at all times. If you only have 4 points do not simply redirect to a different arguement that you have already stated and claim it is a different point.

Well, if you were paying attention to your own post, you'd see that I was responding to each paragraph. But hey, who's counting?

Quote:

5) The definition of fun may be subjective but the definition of competetive is quite objective. Is any sport that requires competition a competetive sport? is any game that requires competition a competitive game? If you can give a game that is through internal dynamics a competition but is not played as a competitive game then I will withdraw my statement, but the circumstances must be a competition that has no point in itself, which would quite and odd game but no doubt a good discovery.

Well now you're really delving into semantics. Define 'game'. There are plenty of competitions in our lives that are not played as a game. Competitions with coworkers, classmates, etc. Performance competitions, if you will.

Then there's competitive games that are played for fun, but not competitively. Like playing a game of horseshoes in your back yard with a beer in one hand. You're competing, in that one player/team will win, but you're not 'playing competitively' because there's nothing at stake. I would liken this to a game of ARAM (which I find many players take way, way too seriously).

But most of all, I'm really not sure what you're getting at. The original statement was:
"The very least they could do is advertise this game as a "for fun" game in stead of "competetive". At least then you would know their priorities."

It is competitive. League of Legends is a competitive game. I don't know how else to define it. Is it completely balanced right now? No, it's in a state of flux. Of course it is. The game is balanced around their primary eSports game mode, Summoner's Rift. They just turned itemization on it's head. People are adjusting and learning. There are bound to be growing pains. As for TT, instead of raging about how Riot is doing their business, why don't you actively and constructively contribute to those threads that can benefit from your opinion? WHY don't you like altars? Speed shrines? Lack of wards? What purpose do they serve? Do they need to serve?

We can go back and forth on this petty, meaningless argument all we like, but it's not going to make TT a better game. You're obviously passionate about it, and all of us would be far more interested in a well constructed post as to what exactly you're passionate about and why - instead of silly rage threads like this. All these threads do is flood the forum and dilute the actual useful information contained within.

Archer Lusk 12-06-2012 06:22 AM

To say that most people who don't post in the forums are happy with the changes is a total farce! I have 14 friends who never visit the forums and are extremely unhappy with the changes. (8 of them don't play as much or have quit altogether.) Riot will never have an accurate count of how many people don't like the new TT and I think they prefer to keep it that way. When you don't have a survey pop up when you login about it, then you don't know... Riot really hasn't listened to the majority of anyone. They go through the forums and pick and choose what they like from player feedback and just make the change. That's not listening to the community... (They usually listen to the "Riot Groupies." Those people that agree with everything they say and they hang off of Riot's every word.)

The reason people are so upset is because it's too fast of a change. This game has changed from the moment it started. It's always gonna change but when you make so sudden of a change people are going to be upset. They could have ran both maps and said we are keeping the new and get getting rid of the old. Help us improve the new by playing both and telling us what you like and don’t like.

I personally don't hate the new TT but I have my issues with it. Such as the constant team fights and... Oh I just described the new TT... That's all that happens... It's boring...