League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Be thankful this Christmas! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2867776)

YourMomSaidHey 12-04-2012 11:11 PM

Be thankful this Christmas!

Two years ago my dad had died on Christmas Eve from a heart attack. That's not what this post is about. This post is about being thankful for everything you have/will get. Just know someone out there is off worse than yourself.

This will be the 3rd year in a row that just my mom and I will have Christmas together. We have no other family near us, in fact the only family left is my dad's mother, but she lives across the nation from us. I really wish I could just spend one more Christmas with my dad.

A few months ago my mom got laid off at work, due to the plant she works at shutting down. It's tough finding a job for her, my dad was the one who really supported us. We both are having to do "odd jobs" as much as we can, I'm working at a locally owned fast food place just to help pay the bills (though im only 14). There's no telling how much longer we'll have the internet.

I found this game after just searching around for something to do to pass the time. This game has been a great stress reliever and it really helps me keep my mind off things. My mom noticed it makes me happy too, and asked if there was something in the game she could get me for Christmas. I told her no (which isn't true) and to just spend the money on bills. She really doesn't want me to have another terrible Christmas but I told her as long as I have her still in my life I will never have a bad Christmas.

This of course made her cry but it was absolutely true.

Merry Christmas everyone and just remember to be thankful for everything you get and everyone that is with you. I may not get anything for Christmas, but I will still have my mother, for that I am very thankful!

If anyone wishes to talk, I can leave my e-mail for you. - ChrisJames50@yahoo.com

If someone wants to give me a Christmas present that would be awesome! (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/g...k-new-summoner)

awesomejak 12-04-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourMomSaidHey (Hozzászólás 32106048)
Two years ago my dad had died on Christmas Eve from a heart attack. That's not what this post is about. This post is about being thankful for everything you have/will get. Just know someone out there is off worse than yourself.

This will be the 3rd year in a row that just my mom and I will have Christmas together. We have no other family near us, in fact the only family left is my dad's mother, but she lives across the nation from us. I really wish I could just spend one more Christmas with my dad.

A few months ago my mom got laid off at work, due to the plant she works at shutting down. It's tough finding a job for her, my dad was the one who really supported us. We both are having to do "odd jobs" as much as we can, I'm working at a locally owned fast food place just to help pay the bills (though im only 14). There's no telling how much longer we'll have the internet.

I found this game after just searching around for something to do to pass the time. This game has been a great stress reliever and it really helps me keep my mind off things. My mom noticed it makes me happy too, and asked if there was something in the game she could get me for Christmas. I told her no (which isn't true) and to just spend the money on bills. She really doesn't want me to have another terrible Christmas but I told her as long as I have her still in my life I will never have a bad Christmas.

This of course made her cry but it was absolutely true.

Merry Christmas everyone and just remember to be thankful for everything you get and everyone that is with you. I may not get anything for Christmas, but I will still have my mother, for that I am very thankful!

If anyone wishes to talk, I can leave my e-mail for you. - ChrisJames50@yahoo.com

Sorry for your loss... Not a thing anyone wants to go through... Although the best thing you can have is your family so its good that you have your mom.

YourMomSaidHey 12-04-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomejak (Hozzászólás 32106161)
Sorry for your loss... Not a thing anyone wants to go through... Although the best thing you can have is your family so its good that you have your mom.

Thank you!

YourMomSaidHey 12-04-2012 11:37 PM

what is everyone thankful for?

Ashlea 12-05-2012 04:13 AM

Situations vary. As a young adult living with drug addict parents who relentlessly steal from and abuse their children, I cannot say that I am thankful for them, and would gladly trade their lives for your father's.

Merry Christmas regardless, stay strong kiddo.

YourMomSaidHey 12-05-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashleupagus (Hozzászólás 32110080)
Situations vary. As a young adult living with drug addict parents who relentlessly steal from and abuse their children, I cannot say that I am thankful for them, and would gladly trade their lives for your father's.

Merry Christmas regardless, stay strong kiddo.

When you say young adult, how old do you mean, if you are a child like myself you should report them to DHR. My mother is not a drug addict in fact she is very kind, and tries to give more than she has.

Ashlea 12-05-2012 06:39 AM

I'll be 22 in just over a month, so there's not a lot I can do unfortunately. I live with her to attempt to care for her. Your mother sounds like a very good woman. :)

YourMomSaidHey 12-05-2012 08:06 AM

Thank you, she is!

YourMomSaidHey 12-05-2012 09:56 AM

I've been trying to put anyway some money from my job to buy her a gift, but I haven't been able to..

YourMomSaidHey 12-06-2012 03:51 AM

I don't know why you would downvote everyone on this thread.

I wish I had http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/g...k-new-summoner for Christmas :)