League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Supports who have no use for Kage's really feel the loss of Heart of Gold. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2867190)

Surgo 12-04-2012 08:38 PM

Supports who have no use for Kage's really feel the loss of Heart of Gold.

So, about half the supports can use the stats on Kage's Lucky Pick, but for the other half it is useless. The gold pressure is a *little* less intense, but the loss of a second GP10 is sorely felt on these champs. Especially with all the new support-focused items that are really hard to buy without that second income stream.

It's probably the most rough on Leona. She can't make any use of Kage's, and can't use the pickpocket mastery at all. Throw her and maybe Alistar a bone?

Belial Edge 12-05-2012 04:10 AM

Agreed, I played Leona last night and was at a complete loss for what to build. Philo stone has been nerfed and HoG removed. Dem support nerfs.

Kagami 12-05-2012 04:18 AM

There is this amazing new support item with hp on it, maybe you've heard of it? That happens to cost less gold to boot.

Also ambient gp10 was buffed to counter this lose as well.

Quote:

Ambient gold gain increased to 16 per 10 seconds from 13 per 10 seconds.
Also I'd argue the new kage upgrade Twin Shadows might be decent on her.

Fisan 12-05-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagami (Hozzászólás 32110122)
There is this amazing new support item with hp on it, maybe you've heard of it? That happens to cost less gold to boot.

Also I'd argue the new kage upgrade Twin Shadows might be decent on her.

Ty, you solved this problem for me, I main aggr. supports like Leona/blitz/naut etc

and i was having same issue with getting second gp5 item but now I'm gonna get Twin_Shadows for sure , good item!! thx again

Surgo 12-05-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagami (Hozzászólás 32110122)

Still puts you pretty far behind someone like Zyra, who makes good use of Kage's as well and pickpocket is amazing on.

That is my main complaint here. Can't use the second gp10, can't use pickpocket either. Other people can and thus get a bigger gold stream.

Nexttoradio 12-05-2012 06:15 AM

Sightstone: Gives health (like heart of gold) is practically a gp10 since you will be spending less on wards, as long as you ward it's practically HoG. I don't get why supports are butthurt over the loss of HoG. I simply replaced HoG with Sightstone and my builds and champs still work fine.

It's the solotops/junglers crying over HoG's removal that I understand.

Jeanschyso 12-05-2012 06:47 AM

I love leona now because the money I don't spend on wards, I spend on tanking and support items!

you get more money out of sightstones than a heart of gold anyway, so rejoice!

Also Leona benifits a lot from that pickpocket thing if you play an agressive lane, which you should when playing Leona

Surgo 12-05-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanschyso (Hozzászólás 32112458)
Also Leona benifits a lot from that pickpocket thing if you play an agressive lane, which you should when playing Leona

Um...what? Leona is an all-in champion. You do not "poke" (where pickpocket shines), you go all-in and either get a kill or do not. That sort of engagement does not last more than 10 seconds, or two pickpocket procs.

If you go all-in once a minute (an extremely generous number), you'll generate 10 gold from pickpocket. That's 1 gold per 6 seconds -- not that great.

Nexttoradio 12-05-2012 07:00 AM

Leona is not 100% all in. I poke with her all the time with her combo, you just have to make sure you wont get stunned or something when u go in, then your shield will guard you just fine.

Raidarc 12-05-2012 07:13 AM

Those lucky p.r.icks