League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Liandry's Torment on Lux -- Will it blend? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2866884)

Shadow Master 12-04-2012 07:34 PM

Liandry's Torment on Lux -- Will it blend?

So Lux is my favorite AP mid, and I'm trying to figure this out...

Would this effect be triggered for double damage (after being halved by AoE) when detonating Lux's E?

As in...

1. Lux snares enemy with E
2. Lux detonates E
3. Does Liandry's Torment do 2.5% x 2 damage, or is the snare removed before the damage from the detonation is done, thus causing it to only do 2.5%?

Does anyone know?

Shadow Master 12-05-2012 08:49 AM

Does anyone know? I really need to figure this out.

chronofreak 12-05-2012 04:59 PM

Good Guy bump.

Aware Muzzle 12-06-2012 04:18 AM

Bump

Shadow Master 12-06-2012 03:48 PM

Surely someone has labbed it or something...?

Beaumains 12-06-2012 08:30 PM

The description I'm seeing says it does 5% over 3 seconds. If you slow them, then snare them, the snare should do double damage because they are slowed. If you then detonate the slow, they are no longer slowed, so that passive would only proc on the det if roots count as 'mobility impairments' (which I imagine they do). Now, assuming it does, I believe it would reset the timer, so if there was any of the first 3s left to burn, that would be wasted damage. However, I don't think Lux's root lasts 3 seconds, so you'd give up the second proc if you wanted to wait. It would be worth waiting the full 3 seconds only if a) Lux's snare lasts less than 1.6 seconds (an extra tenth for reaction time padding), and b) You can keep them in det range for that 3 seconds (otherwise wait and det at the last second). If Lux's snare lasts more than 1.6 seconds, and procs the double damage, you'll want to det just before the snare fades. Ideally you want to snare them so that the remaining duration of the slow matches the duration of the snare, because the slow will also activate the proc (it just won't double it), and the longer that first proc runs the more damage you will deal.

If, for example, Lux's slow lasts 4 seconds, and the root lasts 2 seconds, you want to wait up to 2 seconds before snaring them, and then det just before the final 2 seconds. This will give you 2/3 of 5% + 2/3 of 10% + 10% as burn, which is 20%. Obviously you would root sooner if they were at risk of leaving the slow before that 2 second interval.

Hope that helps!
-Beaumains

Shadow Master 12-06-2012 09:24 PM

Actually, I finally saw the effect today.

It DOES work with Lux's E alone without any other spells used.

1. Lux casts her E on a group of enemies
2. Lux detonates her E
3. All the enemies hit are on fire from the Liandry's Torment effect

Beaumains 12-06-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligan (Hozzászólás 32167153)
Actually, I finally saw the effect today.

It DOES work with Lux's E alone without any other spells used.

1. Lux casts her E on a group of enemies
2. Lux detonates her E
3. All the enemies hit are on fire from the Liandry's Torment effect

Oh, right, yeah, but I thought the question was whether that would proc the double damage effect from being 'mobility impaired' - did it look like it did 5% or 10%? I don't play lux, but I'm still curious.

Beaumains 12-06-2012 10:11 PM

Also, I re-checked the description and I now see where you were getting your halved effect from. Because it halves the duration of the effect, you should reconsider the above combos with the fact in mind that it only lasts 1.5 seconds.

Shadow Master 12-06-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaumains (Hozzászólás 32167555)
Oh, right, yeah, but I thought the question was whether that would proc the double damage effect from being 'mobility impaired' - did it look like it did 5% or 10%? I don't play lux, but I'm still curious.

Oh, right, uhh, for some reason I thought that the intense flames meant the effect was doubled. But that's clearly not the case. Brain fart.

I guess this is the kind of thing that needs to be labbed.