League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How do tanks itemize now? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2866570)

Sakuri Ono 12-04-2012 06:33 PM

How do tanks itemize now?

Haven't had a chance to play too much post-patch due to the server overload causing Ping to shoot up at random; but the games I've had so far I've been a bit overwhelmed at the item choices. Using Leona as an example it used to feel rather straight forward. Rush Randuins/Frozen for AD heavy or Abyssal for AP heavy with either Sunfire or BFT mixed into the build for damage. Now...I don't know even where to begin. @_@ Are there any particular items people are leaning towards for 'must start' for tanks so far?

Also when should tanks go for Tier 3 Boots? I usually pressed for T2 after completing my first item; T3 I have no idea when I should focus on.

Redenbacher 12-04-2012 07:02 PM

Well... since the changes just went live today, my advice would be to experiment and find out what works. Most players haven't really had a chance to absorb the changes.

RickyRickz 12-04-2012 07:29 PM

The upgraded Aegis of the Legion sounds pretty good.

Skulleer 12-05-2012 09:32 AM

Build health and damage.

Orphane 12-05-2012 09:33 AM

Itemize glass because at least you do more damage before dying! Hue.

ricedream5 12-05-2012 09:37 AM

Thornmail is the only armor item worth getting now. At least return some damage before dying.

TechPrince 12-05-2012 09:50 AM

^ this. Armor and MR has lost its effectiveness greatly.

Cherryboy916 12-05-2012 10:16 AM

stack black cleavers

Redenbacher 12-05-2012 10:27 AM

Armor and MR effectiveness has diminished. Stop buying it.

Nope, not seeing the logic there.

While mountain climbing, the effectiveness of air diminishes due to lower oxygen levels. Better stop breathing! /sarcasm

Armor and MR should still be purchased... but you better back it up with a sum of HP.

In other words, you may actually have to invest in tankiness to be tanky and sacrifice damage.

ricedream5 12-05-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redenbacher (Hozzászólás 32118305)
Armor and MR effectiveness has diminished. Stop buying it.

Nope, not seeing the logic there.

While mountain climbing, the effectiveness of air diminishes due to lower oxygen levels. Better stop breathing! /sarcasm

Armor and MR should still be purchased... but you better back it up with a sum of HP.

In other words, you may actually have to invest in tankiness to be tanky and sacrifice damage.

Buying armor is a waste of $ if it's reduced by 70-100% to 0. Bad analogy is bad.
As for health, if you're taking 1k dps at 0 effective armor, it's not very useful either.

There is NO way to be tanky no matter how you invest. Best tanks in the game now? Kayle and Poppy.