League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   @RiotNome Opinions on minions and capturing (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2866424)

exe3 12-04-2012 06:07 PM

@RiotNome Opinions on minions and capturing

RiotNome i'm wondering what your opinion is currently on capturing a point. As it stands minions have little effect and can be completely ignored when going for a point given the point deactivates during a capture. I wonder if this is really a good thing. It makes minions which are a part of the map negligible and unimportant. Now i'm not asking for them to have the same significance as SR but their very inclusion should mean they have a purpose and can't be completely ignored.

Why not have it that turrets don't deactivate during a capture, this would encourage pushing with minions to allow them to tank hits for you like in SR.

For those who worry that this will make minions too important for tanking a point (and in turn hurt the ability to take advantage of an ace by going straight for a point) perhaps have a point being captured deal reduced damage to champions to allow that gameplay of going straight for a point while in turn giving minions more importance, it'd also give greater utility to Garrison.

This would also in turn add some risk to backcapping. It's really frustrating getting back capped with little repercussion, there needs to be more of a choice and strategy behind it rather than just one random person running up to a point that's undefended, it's part of what made Priscilla's Blessing so bad and needed removing.

Phourc 12-04-2012 08:17 PM

Minions already influence point capture a lot, a minon wave (or two) can add/subtract as much as another champion channeling on the point AND unlike players, they can capture a point while being attacked.

A Slime Appears 12-04-2012 09:17 PM

I saw a tower get neutraled by 5 minions last night. That's two waves. I generally try to get minions to come with me when I cap a tower, they can usually finish off a neutral if I get interrupted by another champ and possibly even finish capping it. I don't think they need a boost. They already ninja neutral a couple of points in my games, but maybe I'm just in a bad elo >_>

David12596 12-04-2012 09:52 PM

I once lost a game because of one minion that no one attacked. I think they are fine the way they are.

exe3 12-05-2012 01:43 PM

Unless they're in a large group (ala that lane was completely ignored and they were allowed to accumulate) they don't add that much imo, in my experience it's faster to just run past them and capture the point yourself than to take the time to kill the enemy minions and get them to the point (I often see points fail to get captured when someone tries to do this as that just means more time for the enemy to get back). They're helpful if they happen to be there don't get me wrong, but there's little reason to use them and actively get them to a point to help capture it which is my current issue with their presence.

Orphane 12-05-2012 02:19 PM

Nope, pretty sure minions are fine. It's a matter of using your discretion - do you run past minions and risk getting boned at the last second by a garrison or poke or do you take the time to push the lane, making gold and potentially building enough of a wave that can greatly help toward neutralizing a tower even if there are defenders on point who try to clear?