League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Are zoo's morally wrong? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2865956)

Horse Sized Duck 12-04-2012 04:48 PM

Are zoo's morally wrong?
 
Yea? No?

Jaykoboy 12-04-2012 04:50 PM

No.

*Is totally not biased simply because his hometown contains the world's best zoo, namely the San Diego Zoo*

Sailor Cosmos 12-04-2012 04:50 PM

Yes.

Colonel J 12-04-2012 04:50 PM

I think it's pretty ****ed up to cage animals for our amusement and they have to spend all their days in the same place doing the same thing until they die from complications from the processed food they are fed and lack of exercise, but they cannot be released into the while now can they?

Quision 12-04-2012 04:51 PM

Everyone has different morals so you'll probably get different answers.

IMO, they are not wrong. Just as long as they're taken care of and all.

poe tay toes 12-04-2012 05:02 PM

well funded and maintained zoos are fine. crummy animal prisons are not. thumbs up for the san diego zoo, those animals live better than i do from everything i saw.

Horse Sized Duck 12-04-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeppaNil (Hozzászólás 32092768)
Everyone has different morals so you'll probably get different answers.

IMO, they are not wrong. Just as long as they're taken care of and all.

Well no, we don't really have different morals. It's just what we THINK is moral.

How aren't they wrong? They are taking animals out of their natural habitat to live in a cage.

Quision 12-04-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horse Sized Duck (Hozzászólás 32093646)
Well no, we don't really have different morals. It's just what we THINK is moral.

How aren't they wrong? They are taking animals out of their natural habitat to live in a cage.

The amount of smiles those animals bring to me outweighs how much I care about that. Just as long as they are well taken care of.

Horse Sized Duck 12-04-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeppaNil (Hozzászólás 32094298)
The amount of smiles those animals bring to me outweighs how much I care about that. Just as long as they are well taken care of.

So for your amusement? So me locking up a bunch of mentally challenged kids in a cage for my amusement is morally acceptable, as long as I take care of them?

Gazzi 12-04-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel J (Hozzászólás 32092752)
they have to spend all their days in the same place doing the same thing until they die from complications from the processed food they are fed and lack of exercise?

I believe there are sanctioned rules in place to prevent things like this from happening. Most zoos provide mentally and physically stimulating activities for animals to access their food [the same way they would need to in the wild] and must follow guidelines for pen-sizes and habitats for animals to allow for adequate exercise area.

I also believe a significant subset of zoo animals are rescued because of injuries, disabilities, etc. or bred in captivity, and thus would not survive in a natural setting.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:24 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc