League of Legends Community
123

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Do people mean it when they say they only like the first seasons of Family Guy? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2865674)

Colonel J 12-04-2012 03:55 PM

Do people mean it when they say they only like the first seasons of Family Guy?
 
That's like me saying I only enjoyed the first seasons of The Big Bang Theory.

poe tay toes 12-04-2012 03:57 PM

i don't know if its the show that changed or if it was me. i enjoyed it when it started, i stopped enjoying it at some point, i can't stand it anymore.

Dobagoh 12-04-2012 03:58 PM

I didn't know people actually liked Family Guy.

What on earth...

ThaBizness 12-04-2012 03:59 PM

I like Family Guy but there are only a couple episodes from the first season that I can even watch.

Kohana Sushi 12-04-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobagoh (Hozzászólás 32090437)
I didn't know people actually liked Family Guy.

What on earth...

Yes, there are people with a sense of humor, Dobagoh.

Dobagoh 12-04-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruity Flowers (Hozzászólás 32090642)
Yes, there are people with a sense of humor, Dobagoh.

No, you mean there are idiots with a "sense of humor".

Jesus the Friend 12-04-2012 04:16 PM

The original seasons of Family Guy were actually very good for when they were released... but the fact that it became so successful and mainstream makes them seem played out, lame, predictable now.

The thing is, originally, Family Guy was meant to be a subversion of typical cartoon family tropes, taking twists and turns with stories that were, at the time, completely unexpected. This doesn't really work when the twists become the mainstream.

Unlike South Park which was just toilet humor with awful production values across the board(Nothing has changed on that front), Family Guy, on release, was a labor of love of some individuals who clearly put in a great deal of effort into their work.

For the record;
I don't watch, or enjoy, Family Guy, but I would enjoy South Park(I.e. garbage) even less.

Sokadikos 12-04-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus the Friend (Hozzászólás 32091195)
The original seasons of Family Guy were actually very good for when they were released... but the fact that it became so successful and mainstream makes them seem played out, lame, predictable now.

The thing is, originally, Family Guy was meant to be a subversion of typical cartoon family tropes, taking twists and turns with stories that were, at the time, completely unexpected. This doesn't really work when the twists become the mainstream.

Unlike South Park which was just toilet humor with awful production values across the board(Nothing has changed on that front), Family Guy, on release, was a labor of love of some individuals who clearly put in a great deal of effort into their work.

For the record;
I don't watch, or enjoy, Family Guy, but I would enjoy South Park(I.e. garbage) even less.

you don't get satire if you think south park is only toilet humour...

Kohana Sushi 12-04-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokadikos (Hozzászólás 32091490)
you don't get satire if you think south park is only toilet humour...

South Park is nowhere near as funny as it was season 8 and earlier.

Satire is great, but Matt and Trey used to be so much better at executing it.

poe tay toes 12-04-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokadikos (Hozzászólás 32091490)
you don't get satire if you think south park is only toilet humour...

yar, south park, behind the crude humor and art style, has some amazing analogy and social satire.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:55 PM.
123


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc