League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Doo0ooooooom's Item Cost Efficiency Evaluation Spreadsheet (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2864966)

doo0ooooooom 12-04-2012 01:43 PM

Doo0ooooooom's Item Cost Efficiency Evaluation Spreadsheet
 
1 Attachment(s)
I'm hosting this here for my maokai guide on solomid. (http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ai-build-guide)

The point score of each item is how much gold I think its stats are worth, plus an adjustment for stuff that's hard to quantify.

edit: update spreadsheet
edit2: updated spreadsheet again

Fisan 12-04-2012 02:48 PM

Interesting build, I didn't look what you wrote but items looks sexy ;) I'll check it out

IGotCareless2 12-04-2012 03:29 PM

It looks pretty cool, my only qualm so far is that you seemed to have severely undervalued Runic Bulwark's passive's value. I'd value you at at least 1k, maybe 1.25K or even 1.5K. That passive seems completely insane with the increased price of resistances.

Happyending1 12-04-2012 03:34 PM

Interesting math, but you need to assign scaling factors to "more important" stats.
These will change with different champs.
What I'm saying is, all your stats are assumed to be perfectly balanced.
The way the math works now is health is as important as CDR is as important as MP5 is as important as HP5. Always. No exception.

This is where your math fails.
Try assigning scaling factors based on what the champion needs, of course these scaling factors are dynamic and change throughout the game- but I think you can generalize them.

doo0ooooooom 12-04-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGotCareless2 (Hozzászólás 32089200)
It looks pretty cool, my only qualm so far is that you seemed to have severely undervalued Runic Bulwark's passive's value. I'd value you at at least 1k, maybe 1.25K or even 1.5K. That passive seems completely insane with the increased price of resistances.

Maybe. The spreadsheet is designed to be flexibile though, if you think i'm undervaluing a stat or aura you can plug in whatever you think its worth into the value and the cost effectiveness formula will update.

doo0ooooooom 12-04-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyending1 (Hozzászólás 32089405)
The way the math works now is health is as important as CDR is as important as MP5 is as important as HP5. Always. No exception.

I'm not really sure what you mean?

health is worth 2.5 points, cdr is worth 35 points, mp5 is worth 30 points, hp5 is worth 15 points, and if you don't like those values, you can change them in the spreadsheet and the gold efficiency values in the chart will update automatically.

CardinaI 12-04-2012 09:02 PM

I think I can clarify a little what HappyEnding means. Basically, you take into account the cost of each item, but not the value and thus the associated true cost. For instance, as you buy more resistances you get diminishing returns for the value of each point you buy. Your first 100 points of magic resist will yield a 50% reduction in damage, but your next 100 points will only yield an additional 25%, bringing you up to 66.7% reduction. This means that while the cost may stay constant, the value of each stat may change as the game situation changes. For instance, as olaf you may not want to buy nearly as many resistances as you would with maoki because his ultimate gives him resistances when activated, reducing the value of any points of resistance bought.

However I don't think the same rule applies with health, because at 1,000 health your next 1,000 health purchased will give you the same increase in effective health.

Here is a sample (totally inaccurate but w/e)
Maoki with 100 armor and 1000 health vs maoki with 200 armor and 1000 health vs maoki with 2000 health and 100 armor
1st maoki - 2,000 effective health vs physical
2nd maoki - 3,000 effective health vs physical
3rd maoki - 4,000 effective health vs physical

doo0ooooooom 12-04-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinaI (Hozzászólás 32102491)
I think I can clarify a little what HappyEnding means. Basically, you take into account the cost of each item, but not the value and thus the associated true cost. For instance, as you buy more resistances you get diminishing returns for the value of each point you buy. Your first 100 points of magic resist will yield a 50% reduction in damage, but your next 100 points will only yield an additional 25%, bringing you up to 66.7% reduction. This means that while the cost may stay constant, the value of each stat may change as the game situation changes. For instance, as olaf you may not want to buy nearly as many resistances as you would with maoki because his ultimate gives him resistances when activated, reducing the value of any points of resistance bought.

However I don't think the same rule applies with health, because at 1,000 health your next 1,000 health purchased will give you the same increase in effective health.

Here is a sample (totally inaccurate but w/e)
Maoki with 100 armor and 1000 health vs maoki with 200 armor and 1000 health vs maoki with 2000 health and 100 armor
1st maoki - 2,000 effective health vs physical
2nd maoki - 3,000 effective health vs physical
3rd maoki - 4,000 effective health vs physical

yeah, that's true. I'm not sure how to fit that on one spreadsheet though. I was trying to keep it simple. For now its easy enough to just say try to "get balanced stats" and you'll end up with pretty much the same results.

CardinaI 12-04-2012 10:11 PM

also, I found the true cost of armor to be the same as magic resist (cloth and chain vest are 20/armor and 18/armor respectively) and null magic and negatron are 20/MR and 18/MR respectively. I would round both prices at 19 if that is what you are going off.

doo0ooooooom 12-04-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinaI (Hozzászólás 32104490)
also, I found the true cost of armor to be the same as magic resist (cloth and chain vest are 20/armor and 18/armor respectively) and null magic and negatron are 20/MR and 18/MR respectively. I would round both prices at 19 if that is what you are going off.

I'm not going off of basic tier item prices, its more arbitrary than that. Magic resist is harder to find on items that I want to buy, yet I still need at least some of it. So I value it at a premium compared to armor.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:45 PM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc