League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Do you think homosexuality is genetic or a choice? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2862287)

Jesus the Friend 12-03-2012 09:40 PM

Do you think homosexuality is genetic or a choice?

Poll

Gazzi 12-03-2012 09:52 PM

there's been research done that proves and disproves the existence of altered X chromosomes for homosexuals, suggesting that genetic alteration may or may not occur.

obviously, this does not help determining one way or the other.

I wouldn't compare it so much as genetics vs. choice, but more as a preference? if you've never had a taste for spicy foods, the odds that you will one day wake up and decide to only eat curry for the rest of your life is unlikely. similarly, if you have always preferred, as a female, female anatomy, the odds are that you will wake up and decide to jump on some guy are unlikely.

sexuality in general tends to be a more fluid trait as opposed to something like hair color...for example, I identify as a straight female, and find most women physically attractive but not sexually attractive. In my experiences [anecdotal evidence], a lot people experience this to some degree. appreciating the physique of the same sex while not finding it sexually attractive...so I believe it would be just as likely for someone to experience the reverse [i.e., appreciating the physique of the opposite sex while not finding it sexually attractive].

At What Coast 12-03-2012 10:00 PM

Whenever I see a poll I must vote, no matter how stupid it may be.

Meowskies 12-03-2012 10:09 PM

I am a homosexual, and honestly I have no freaking idea why I am this way. All I can say is I find males very attractive, both sexually and sometimes emotionally.

Notalent 12-03-2012 10:10 PM

Its best to consider it a choice.

Otherwise here are your two options.

Higher entity made you gay on purpose. Probably to keep you from breeding.
Your genetic material was so inferior whatever controls are kept in DNA to prevent you from spreading it activated.

Fujiou 12-03-2012 10:37 PM

It is likely a combination of genetics and conditioning.

Like most things.

MadLock 12-03-2012 10:52 PM

Have you seen Neil Patrick Harris?

silentpartner 12-03-2012 10:56 PM

I think it is something which is decided earlier on in life (maybe not birth) but in the formative years (before you are a teenager)

Obviously anyone can choose to go out and have *** with the same gender, but if there not truly a homosexual i don't think they'll be able to stick with it long term.

Aliath 12-03-2012 11:00 PM

Why are heteros so invested in this topic? It is completely irrelevant.

Dobagoh 12-04-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliath (Hozzászólás 32063620)
Why are heteros so invested in this topic? It is completely irrelevant.

JtF wants to know because he "chose" to be hetero