Crucius, the Scion of Madness
Name: Crucius, the Scion of Madness
Attributes: Mage, Melee, Carry
-Health: 370 (+81)
-Health Regen: 8 (+0.7)
-Attack Damage: 54 (+3)
-Attack Speed: 0.665 (+2.7%)
-Attack Range: 175
-Armor: 13 (+3.4)
-Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
-Movement Speed: 355
- Passive - Frenetic Spellcraft
- Whenever Crucius deals or is dealt damage, he gains 5 fury, up to a maximum of 100. Fury decays at a rate of 5 per second after Crucius has left combat for more than 5 seconds. Crucius gains up to 20 (+5 per level) AP based on how much fury he has.
- Q - Scream of the Damned
- Active - Crucius consumes all of his current fury and unleashes a piercing shriek, silencing nearby enemies and slowing them by 30/40/50/60/70% for 1 (+1 per 50 fury) seconds.
- Avatar of Madness - Crucius instead fears, silences, and slows enemies for 1.5 (+1 per 50/45/40 fury) seconds.
- Cost: 100% current fury
- Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10 seconds
- Range: 375 (+1 per fury)
- W - Iron Thorns
- Active - Crucius whips his chains through the ground, dealing 55/105/155/205/255 (+0.7 per AP) magic damage to enemies in a line.
- Avatar of Madness - Increases range by 100/200/300, and snares enemies hit for 1 second.
- Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- Range: 650
- E - Grip of Insanity
- Active - Crucius attaches a chain to an enemy, dealing 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.2 per AP) magic damage per second over 5 seconds or until the leash breaks. Crucius heals for 20% (+0.4% per fury) of the damage dealt.
- Avatar of Madness - Reduces cooldown to 1 second and removes duration (lasts until leash breaks). Crucius can have up to 4/8/12 leashes at a time. Enemies can only have one leash at a time.
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Range: 650
- Leash Range: 800
- Ultimate - Avatar of Madness
- Toggle - Crucius channels the raw power of insanity, gaining bonus attack damage equal to 60/100/140% of his current fury, 40/60/80% lifesteal, 20/30/40% increased movement and attack speed, and additional effects on his other spells. Crucius gains 5 fury per second Avatar of Madness is active. Avatar of Madness costs health cumulatively.
- Cost: 25 health per second + 5/6/7 cumulative health per second.
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
Crucius is a tall, lanky, unkempt man, standing well over six feet but "all skin and bones" as it were. His skin is tanned and scarred and his hair is dark and unkempt. Spiked chains are wrapped around his arms and shirtless torso. His eyes glow with a crimson fury, and his gait is manic and animalistic.
Not all who experiment in Zaun do so on themselves. Some use other, less willing subjects, as a proving grounds for their madness. Crucius was one such proving ground. Kidnapped into an underground slave trade and experimented on by Zaunite arcanists, Crucius found his mind cracking while his body was tempered, pushed well beyond his limits by the raw arcane power wielded by the cabal of arcanists.
Infused with rampant energy and filled with a burning hatred for his captors, Crucius managed to tear his restraints from his cell, bursting through the iron bars and murdering everyone he could find. Though he cost the lives of over a dozen scientists, he was eventually contained, and was sent to the Institute of War for...further testing.
"They think they can control me, but their delusions merely fuel my own. I will be their end..." Crucius, in a moment of clarity
-On pick: I'll tear them all...limb from limb...
-On move: Voices...voices...
-On move: I'll rip them to shreds!
-On move: They can't hold me...
-On attack: Die die die!
-On attack: These chains move on their own!
-On attack: Run! Run! You won't get away!
-Taunt: You? Against me? That's just crazy.
-Joke: You know it's bad when one of the voices in your head is a comedian.
Major flaw 1 - no gap closer. Almost ALL melee champions have a gap closer or ranged slow EXCEPT for Mordekaiser, but he is naturally tanky, fast, and has ranged spells.
Major flaw 2 - Health costs on a squishy champion with no sustain outside of his ultimate.
Major flaw 3 - Ultimate is doing too much. Either remove the secondary effects or reduce the buff it gives to him.
other notes - 2 second AoE stun on a 10 sec cd is too much. In comparison, Alistar's knockup is 1 second cc with a 13 sec cd at max rank.
you forgot to add cooldown/range on E
If you want comparison for balance on his ultimate from a stats point of view, look at Sion's Ultimate: 50% attack speed and 50/75/100% lifesteal. From your ultimate alone you're granting 20/30/40% attack speed, 40/60/80% lifesteal for an undefined duration with an 8 sec cd, as well as adding in bonus effects for all of your other skills and AD and Fury/second. Right now, it's just too strong.
Counter to "Major Flaw 2" Given his Ult is the only thing that costs health, and give him CRAZY good sustain, AND that his E gives him sustain, I'd say your point is pretty invalid. In addition, you could just, I don't know, build him somewhat tanky. Slap a Warmogs on him. Or a Frozen Mallet. No one is tanky enough as a default to use something like his Ult for prolonged periods of time anyways, and given his nature as a close quarters mage, NOT building him tanky is just stupid.
Counter to "Major Flaw 3" Ult is designed to be a high risk, high reward ability that allows him to engage at melee range and cause major damage, while granting him the ability to sustain. Yes, it does quite a bit. It also costs quite a bit and takes skill to maintain max use, I.E. getting within range to hit with his Q and keep as many people locked onto his E as possible to keep up the sustain. Really, it does about as much as Singed's Insanity Potion.
In regards to your other comments, Alistar has a 1 second knockup followed by a .5 second stun. That's functionally a 1.5 second stun that can't really be reduced by CC Reduction, AND deals a fairly decent chunk of damage. And in regards to your Sion comparison, again, Sion's Ult not only doesn't cost Health, but lasts for 20 seconds and heals nearby allies. 20 seconds of insane sustain and healing. Crucius's Ult is basically a combination of Sion's and Singed's, only he loses the AP, Armor and MR, Regen, and CC reduction of Singed's, and the team healing of Sion's. What he gets, however, is something more akin to Swain's Ult, wherein he triggers it when necessary, but has to watch it closely.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:48 AM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc