League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 33

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Sparkling Shoreline Resort (Open RP) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2861837)

Tobias Beyolve 12-03-2012 07:10 PM

Sparkling Shoreline Resort (Open RP)

Soft, white sand and rolling waves as far as the eye could see, the picturesque landscape dotted intermittently with umbrellas. That was always the goal. Finally, after a huge investment of time, effort and of course money, that goal had been reached, as the Sparkling Shoreline Resort was finally open for business. A relatively hush-hush business venture by a fairly unknown man, Tobias Beyolve, the Sparkling Shoreline was part hotel and part tourist attraction but beyond all that, it was an amazing beach.

The climate had been selected by specifically to maximize the amount of time one could spend on the sand and surf in the run of a day. The temperature was just the right level to make swimming and frolicking seem enticing without being abhorrently hot. Man hours that were all but beyond counting had gone into making this once run-of-the-mill tract of shoreline into a sandy paradise. It was only once the beach itself was complete that construction of the amenities began, specifically, the main building, where any number of overnight guests would stay.

The hotel itself was a marvelous building, several floors high and with a footprint that made mountains begin to feel nervous. Everything about the place had been tailored to impress, from the architecture to the furnishings. Everything one could want in a hotel was here. It was the checkpoint to the beach, as well as serving its own purpose.

Once someone had stepped through the hotel and onto the sands, they'd see everything a beach would need. Food stands that served appropriate beach foods, areas for the lifeguards to rest and keep watch, even a small booth that sold clothing, accessories and souvenirs. Umbrellas and towels were given to anyone who desired them, and 'room service' could be requested on the beach itself, a number of relaxed employees combing the beach for just that reason.

There were of course, changing areas. They were paid a special attention, a favor had been called into the League, one they were more than happy to oblige. The walls, no matter what manner of scrying, could not be seen through. A small precaution, but one that his guests would surely appreciate with the amount of magic that was thrown around in today's world.

The devout, if perhaps short-handed, staff opened for their first day of business, rooms filling and the beach becoming lively. The Sparkling Shoreline was set to dazzle.

((It's a beach resort, something I feel could be of some use as a nice, relaxing kind of environment. The usual rules apply, and I don't feel as though I need to spell them out for everyone. The staff reserve yet freely wield the right to remove any who break them.))

((EDIT: Speaking of nameless staff, most of them are there to serve and can be freely manipulated by guests, up to a certain point. Don't be ridiculous and it won't be an issue. Obviously, don't try bossing around a named staff member, but feel free to do anything with the rest of them. Speaking of which, let's dramatis personae, shall we?
  • Tobias Beyolve - Resort Owner
  • Silas Beyolve - Tobias' son, moonlights occasionally as a server
  • Eri Beyolve - Tobias' daughter, handles check-ins for the hotel

Other Employees
  • Fizz - Lifeguard Captain
  • Chomper - Security

As you can see, jobs aren't off the table.))

Ask Fizz 12-03-2012 07:50 PM

Emerging from the sea, Fizz looks out at the resort. Sure, it was an impressive place, but he felt it needed his own touch to it. After stopping by one of the assorted vendors for a water bottle, he made his way up to the building. Pushing the door open with his trident, Fizz looks around for any semblance of staff.

Tobias Beyolve 12-03-2012 08:07 PM

Tobias himself quickly descended upon the amphibian champion, a tall, well dressed man. He stopped a fair distance from Fizz and asked in a polite, slightly accented tone "I'm glad you could join us on our first day open. How many I help you today Fizz?"

Ask Fizz 12-03-2012 08:16 PM

Fizz rests his trident on a shoulder, sipping his water as he takes a few more looks around. "I heard you were already short on staff here."

Dark Reiora 12-03-2012 08:29 PM

It would be hard to spot, but under one of the many umbrellas near the shore was a lone girl, laying on her side, doing nothing but looking out to the ocean. She was dressed casually, not for swimming, but she WAS laying on a towel...

She sighed, then wondered if she sighed too much.

Tobias Beyolve 12-03-2012 08:49 PM

"For as much expense as I have gone to make this place a beautiful, compelling resort... I believe I underestimated the staff I would require, yes. There have been issues with staffing. We are short every kind of chef you can imagine, we have half the amount of bell hops we should and 'zere appears to be a very pressing shortage of lifeguards in Valoran." The aging Tobias sighed, his accent slipping out here and there while he spoke. "Why do you ask, Fizz?"

All about him, the place bustled. For as short staffed as he claimed to be, the black and gold uniforms darting too and fro seemed much like dutiful ants, none stopping for anything but that which was required of them.

Paltala 12-04-2012 01:46 AM

Christina walked onto the beach wearing a red bikini covered by a thin white beach shirt and a long skirt. The outfit was finished by a pair of sandals on her feet with her hair being let down for once, the tips of it reaching her backside due to the length. Under one arm, she carried a rolled up towel and in the other, a bag of sun cream, a couple of books and various other beach related items.

Smiling happily, Christina found a sun lounger and umbrella just over mid way down the beach, close enough to the sea but not too close that she got sprayed. Laying her towel over the lounger, she carefully pulled off her shirt, skirt and sandals before laying down, having angled the umbrella to not shade her for now. She then put on a pair of sunglasses, pulled out a book and flicked to the correct page, beginning to read it in the sun.

((Yes, I needed the excuse to have Christina in a bikini. Don't judge me))

Tobias Beyolve 12-04-2012 08:16 AM

While Tobias himself was busy conversing with the amphibian champion, the staff people on the beach were doing their job, weaving up and down the gargantuan spit of sand to look for anyone who seemed as though they needed something. Each of them wore the same uniform, long trunks in black with an emblazoned 'T' in gold for the males, a simple two piece in black, accented with golden wave patterning for the women. Each of them had been chosen for the job due largely to their skill, but also due to how striking they looked.

One of them took note of Christina, striding over to the relaxed woman with a measured step and gaze. He stopped at a respectable distance to inquire if there was anything he could get for her, equal parts cheerful and professional.

Paltala 12-04-2012 08:23 AM

Christina noticed the man stopping close by and allowed a smirk to curl her lips. Deciding to have a little bit of fun with the man. Without a word, the man would suddenly receive an image of a simple Martini with the fancy little umbrella in it. Also, the man would 'hear' that Christina wasn't in a rush and that he was also mildly cute.

Tobias Beyolve 12-04-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paltala (Hozzászólás 32073903)
Christina noticed the man stopping close by and allowed a smirk to curl her lips. Deciding to have a little bit of fun with the man. Without a word, the man would suddenly receive an image of a simple Martini with the fancy little umbrella in it. Also, the man would 'hear' that Christina wasn't in a rush and that he was also mildly cute.

The man bowed, scurrying off to fetch the girl's desires, dutiful and efficient in his task, barely giving the manner in which he'd received them a second thought. He, as well as everyone else who worked here, were very likely instructed to refrain from flirting. However, he was but a man, well trained for his position and yet partial to whim. When he returned with Christina's drink, made to her exact mental specifications, his demeanor had changed considerably. The 'respectable distance' he kept had slipped away.

"Is there anything else I can get a lovely lady such as yourself?" His tone had warmed considerably and apparently her gentle mental prodding had worked a little too well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Reiora (Hozzászólás 32059441)
It would be hard to spot, but under one of the many umbrellas near the shore was a lone girl, laying on her side, doing nothing but looking out to the ocean. She was dressed casually, not for swimming, but she WAS laying on a towel...

She sighed, then wondered if she sighed too much.

A fair distance down the beach, a very similar exchange was being initiated, one of the few Yordle servers approaching the bored, lounging Reiora to ask her a very similar question, though it was several times higher in pitch. He wore a much smaller pair of the same trunks the others did, and he was perhaps the most cheerful that worked the beach.