League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Do gaming glasses (Gunnars) actually work? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2860883)

Zint 12-03-2012 02:35 PM

Do gaming glasses (Gunnars) actually work?

Just saw the other thread asking whether or not the OP would regret his/her decision to get Gunnars and I've been considering getting them for a couple days (they're expensive though :(). Anyways, I use my computer a lot and I'm staying in front of my computer screen for long periods of time and thus, I don't want my vision to get hurt from focusing on my computer monitor for so long. Thing is, even though the glasses are expensive, if they actually work, then I'll be more than willing to get these glasses to protect my eyes (having perfect vision should not be taken for granted). So back to my question: for all you people with these glasses, do they actually work?

RIP Toyz 12-03-2012 02:36 PM

i wear regular glasses since ive been playing games at the age of 8
sooooooooooooo
its too late for me

VDrackus 12-03-2012 02:38 PM

They work for me. My eyes are no longer tired from staring at the computer coding all day and then gaming for hours on end.

A Swarm of Koala 12-03-2012 02:38 PM

It looks like you see the world through a glass of beer. They can't be all that bad.

Zint 12-03-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lolicaust (Hozzászólás 32048521)
i wear regular glasses since ive been playing games at the age of 8
sooooooooooooo
its too late for me

Well, I genetically have had good eye sight from my parents and they've always taught me to take care of my vison so yeah... don't want to get glasses at 19, haha

IrishDiablo 12-03-2012 02:40 PM

I have a pair and I find that after they really do work. I also enjoy the magnification they have. On a different note they do not fit well with my headset so make sure that if you wear a headset from time to time you get a pair that will fit.

Nideak 12-03-2012 02:40 PM

If these gaming glasses reduce the "power" of the screen then yes, they will be worth it. If it reduces the power then it causes less strain on the eyes for long periods of time on the computer.

If you don't want to damage your eyes take breaks from the computer. Jump off for a half hour and do something else.

Felaedor 12-03-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala (Hozzászólás 32048575)
It looks like you see the world through a glass of beer. They can't be all that bad.

Yes they can.

They could be replacing the beer you see the world through.

kirby145x 12-03-2012 02:41 PM

The only difference is an amber tint. You can get regular glasses with this tint.

Personally I just changed my monitor color settings to get the tint.

Supposedly to reduce eye strain, the monitor should be the brightest thing in the room. Also every hour, take a few second break to stare at something other than the screen. Like the wall on the other side of the room. This will "stretch your eye muscles" or something. Programmer told me that.

Well, if you think about it, when you are walking around your eyes are constantly changing focus and looking around. When you stare at a screen, they are just stationary. So take a look at something else every hour to give them a break.

CupcakeRaptorr 12-03-2012 02:41 PM

I have them and they are amazing. You can still see colors(though white is a cream due to the yellow frame). It makes the screen dim so the brightness isn't shining in your eyes so they don't get as tired. The only complaint I have about them is they are very flimsy.