League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A Better Way To Do It (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2860675)

Voodism 12-03-2012 01:25 PM

A Better Way To Do It

I was recently in a ranked que, but it didn't quite go as planned once again. Once again some troll ruined the champ select, and im not talking about going against the meta or anything because that wouldn't be a big deal to me, but this guy was a legitimate troll. This happens a lot more than I would like when moving up from lower ELO, or even at higher ELO I have seen it happen. We needed and AD carry, but he claimed to not know what an AD carry was. So he picked fiddlesticks with revive and promote and went on about how much he loved trundle.

Skilled troll for sure.

Now I am here to propose a different solution to the contrary of giving me and my friends a 30 minute wait time when we don't want to just lose a game because of a 4v5 situation, or we just want a legitimate, normal, competitive, ranked 5s.

Rather than just blindly handing out 30 minute wastes of time to people who are potentialy doing the right thing, give the players a vote option to cancel the champion select just like a surrender vote. This way is some guy is just trolling people have a way to deal with that rather than waste a lot of their time

"But what if the trolls are duo queuing?"
Then make people queuing together get one vote, and that vote goes to the higher elo of the two like most everything else in ranked champ select.
This makes for a situation for the players trying to legitimately play the game to deal with these kinds of people.

Also said person who gave me and my friend a 30 minute wait is quite likely to go on to other ques and make many more have to do the same thing.

"But what if they don't grief in the champ select, but just wait to troll in-game"
Simple answer: You and the enemy team should report with and they will more than likely be dealt with.

Please look at this and bump if you agree, I would LOVE for at least a reply from riot if this sounds like a good idea to the general forum peeps, as I think this would be an incredible addition to the game.

Witzelsucht 12-03-2012 01:36 PM

I like this, +1. Something needs to be done about pre game lobbies and trolls in ranked, and how 30 minutes being put on people who don't deserve it %99 of the time is unfair. I made a well detailed thread like this last week and it got no responses, hope this/ other ones get Riot attention.

ZedekiahCromwell 12-03-2012 01:38 PM

+1 from me.

Voodism 12-03-2012 02:59 PM

Thanks for the thumbs, I hope more people pay some more attention to this thread!

Shoo Layce 12-03-2012 03:12 PM

Has been suggested before, many have explained how it can be abused. Probably not that hard to find an example, google away.

BrownBurr 12-03-2012 03:17 PM

I really think SOMETHING like this needs to be implemented. Because such as has been mentioned many times before, it's not the trolls that are punished, but the people who want to play a competitive ranked game at their best. The thing about this is that it will probably take much, much longer to find a match that actually gets all the way through champion select, and in to the game. But that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make. Good idea!

Voodism 12-03-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBurr (Hozzászólás 32049733)
I really think SOMETHING like this needs to be implemented. Because such as has been mentioned many times before, it's not the trolls that are punished, but the people who want to play a competitive ranked game at their best. The thing about this is that it will probably take much, much longer to find a match that actually gets all the way through champion select, and in to the game. But that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make. Good idea!

Thank you! And yes it is most defiantly a sacrifice that will pay off time and time again.