League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Everytime I lose, I didn't carry hard enough" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2860450)

Dragonrend 12-03-2012 11:59 AM

This is the mindset I go into ranked games with. If I lose a game then I need to look at what I need to do better. Of course some games are uncarriable by anyone non-psychic and non-perfect, but keeping this mentality soothes any kind of rage I had for this game. If mid and jungle died to a countergank while I was top, I should have headed down there to help out/clean up. If the enemy mid roamed top and got a kill without a response, I should have been more vigilant with pings/mias/counterganking.

If you play every game with the mentality "I will only lose if I fail to carry my team, and that's MY responsibility", ranked becomes more fun and your ELO will rise much faster

It's never my team's fault, it's my fault. Raging at them will get me nowhere. I need to get better so I can carry harder, and that's the end of it.

EDIT: For the people that think carrying is 1 man army, that's absolutely ridiculous. Carrying means making plays around your map, getting the best environment for your team to succeed, snowballing, and making the right calls. If they ran into a bush and got ganked, I should have warded better, etc

EDIT 2: Score isn't everything. 6/0/0 can mean you only snowballed your lane, 2/2/7 can mean you snowballed other lanes and the team as a whole is stronger.

Also, for the posters saying this is masochistic, they are reading too much into the word "blame". I don't "blame" myself and beat myself up, I look at the game saying "What could I have done better", analyze it, and enact it. Making the mindset that I'm at fault as opposed to my teammates is actually soothing because I can improve what I need to do, I can't improve my teammates (perhaps as the game goes on I can give advice, but I can't guarantee anything. The only guarantee is with myself, so this method makes the game easier to deal with).

InfrangibleTM 12-03-2012 12:01 PM

Or you can just play for fun and if you are naturally gifted, you will get better and climb elo with a decent level of focus and dedication.

Dragonrend 12-03-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfrangibleTM (Hozzászólás 32043961)
Or you can just play for fun and if you are naturally gifted, you will get better and climb elo with a decent level of focus and dedication.

Someone didn't get the point of the topic

CaptSchwann 12-03-2012 12:03 PM

while i think this is true, the OP should of been more detailed.
Because people already have the 'wrong ideas of how to carry", and while they do, they'll make more bad plays in hope of rising in the ranks, thus get more angry, thus become more toxic.

yeah. boss.

InfrangibleTM 12-03-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonrend (Hozzászólás 32043979)
Someone didn't get the point of the topic

But you don't only lose when you fail to carry.

Dragonrend 12-03-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfrangibleTM (Hozzászólás 32044018)
But you don't only lose when you fail to carry.

Someone still didn't get the point of the topic. Read the first line

KalastRaven 12-03-2012 12:06 PM

This mindset would give me a migraine.

CaptSchwann 12-03-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonrend (Hozzászólás 32044060)
Someone still didn't get the point of the topic. Read the first line

You're probably that guy in games thats "Why dont you listen to me????? Why dont you ward when i say to??? Why are you feeding??? GG"

hahahaha

gimeyop 12-03-2012 12:06 PM

you can't pretend to be nice while using the word "carry" it just doesn't work... OP, you sounded like an ass because of the usage of that single word
just remember... lane phase can't win games, lane phase can only lose games.
Pings, wards and coordination wins games.
If you go by that mentality, you don't carry games. you win WITH your team.

Superstarsage 12-03-2012 12:06 PM

Doesn't matter if you're support, if you lost, you failed to carry your team. You failed to make the appropriate choices and failed to aid your team as required.

Doesn't matter the role or anything.