League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Feedback on the state of 'Bottom Lane' (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2860369)

Redenbacher 12-03-2012 12:27 PM

Feedback on the state of 'Bottom Lane'

I'm curious what the rest of you think about the state of bottom lane, and it's place in Dominion gameplay.

Detailed thoughts and suggestions, please. 😊

konfetarius 12-03-2012 01:02 PM

It's the perfect place to start up a party. MMKH is bringing in the drinks, Aparkhurst is the snacks.

Sauron 12-03-2012 01:06 PM

Hey you, stop backcapping my volcano!

Edit: Today we have feasted well on Aparkhurst snacks. Next shipment in 3 weeks.

FDru 12-03-2012 01:24 PM

#1 reason I don't play Dominion anymore

It's not the stupidly OP champs that we're forced to deal with because Draft is not viable anymore

It's not Revive zerging ruining good plays and being a non-choice summoner spell

It's ****ing bot lane and the fact that you're forced to have a strong bot laner with an OP champ or you lose horribly. No alternative.

ShawNuff 12-03-2012 04:11 PM

It really sucks to be the bot laner for your team if you are playing any sort of high elo game. You get ganked all day every day by assassins that jump into lane before you have any way to counter play. Therefore, you have to play a champion that can build all or nearly all tank items (or one that can disengage like a motherf*****) and still keep a minion wave pushed.

Also, there is too much stupid stuff. IE, if you are pushing their bot early, and you are both around 50% HP, sometimes by zerging-> dying and reviving you can buy items, return with lightning speed and kill them, and use your larger minion wave to give yourself an advantage with an even trade of summoners.

Infirc 12-03-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawNuff (Hozzászólás 32049583)
It really sucks to be the bot laner for your team if you are playing any sort of high elo game. You get ganked all day every day by assassins that jump into lane before you have any way to counter play. Therefore, you have to play a champion that can build all or nearly all tank items (or one that can disengage like a motherf*****) and still keep a minion wave pushed.

Also, there is too much stupid stuff. IE, if you are pushing their bot early, and you are both around 50% HP, sometimes by zerging-> dying and reviving you can buy items, return with lightning speed and kill them, and use your larger minion wave to give yourself an advantage with an even trade of summoners.

Bot lane is a pretty tough work on low Elos too, you either
-get a botlane hijacker thinking 3-2 is viable and making top lose hard then give enemies chances to roam splitpush or just flat out outnumber you wherever they want, Murphy's law dictates that there ar ehigher chances of this when you are playing Soraka, Yorick or Ad malzahar which are champions that don't do really well when going top.
-get a 1v3-4 botlane with the enemies pushing hard and your team not even acknowledging it exists until you lose bot lane by the sheer number of people there, then get raged at by your team because "you fed and had the lowest score so you had to be the cause of the loss", Murphy's law dictates that there's a higher chance of getting this scenario when your tops can win 3v1 match ups when they have clear advantages at top or there's a high cc tank sitting on a turret which they kkeep diving and dying to, (god how i hate losing to windmill commanders)
-get ganked 24/7 by assassins as in high elo,
-and as Fdru clearly said, having to run an Op character just to deal with the other Op character, well at least i'm already out of the Only Darius bot lane Elo (FInally FFS!!!!) but now i constantly run into Jax, Jayce, Yorick and Diana particularly Jax

A Slime Appears 12-03-2012 07:16 PM

I hate playing bot lane because I can roll it so hard they send 1-2 from top down constantly but still lose because top is ****ing stupid and STILL can't take windmill with a numbers advantage (because, of course, they just throw themselves at windmill constantly, even if you tell them to backcap or jungle gank or something). Very few things are more demoralizing in this game than the above situation, IMO. Swapping is hit and miss and there isn't a lot of options otherwise...

ChaosTempest195 12-03-2012 07:21 PM

A good bot laner wins you the game, yeah that's pretty much it

NavyGothic 12-03-2012 07:42 PM

It is pretty frustrating to pick someone fun and ending up with a horribly lopsided match-up.

MyDeadGrandma 12-03-2012 07:48 PM

It would be fine if draft pick were the only game mode.

Sucks to play Skarner bot on the assumption you'd be fighting a jax or yorick like last game only to come up against someone who can kite (worse still if they can build bft).