League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I Don't Deserve to Play Ranked? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2860264)

Unicykle 12-03-2012 10:37 AM

I Don't Deserve to Play Ranked?

There has been a lot of accusations here that people don't "deserve to play ranked" that I don't understand. People learn to play the game from 1-30 and then can get competitive. If their skill is only 700 elo, they will find themselves there. If they play at 1600 elo, they will move up eventually. For example, I have a friend that bought an XP boost and power-leveled from 19-30. If he wants to play ranked and drop to sub 900 elo, he deserves it. Ranked is a matchmaking system like many other games (starcraft) but is unique that you have to actually practice to be allowed in. But after you have been placed, no one should ever be able to tell you to GTFO of queue.

TL;DR Stop saying that people don't deserve to play ranked. Play enough games to get to your proper elo.

GFireflyE 12-03-2012 12:30 PM

Agreed. ELO should just be revampes such that it removes the trolls.

youmadbroimnasty 12-03-2012 12:32 PM

i recommend playing a decent amount of normals before jumping into ranks normals = like 1500 elo

adc 12-03-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unicykle (Hozzászólás 32041744)
There has been a lot of accusations here that people don't "deserve to play ranked" that I don't understand. People learn to play the game from 1-30 and then can get competitive. If their skill is only 700 elo, they will find themselves there. If they play at 1600 elo, they will move up eventually. For example, I have a friend that bought an XP boost and power-leveled from 19-30. If he wants to play ranked and drop to sub 900 elo, he deserves it. Ranked is a matchmaking system like many other games (starcraft) but is unique that you have to actually practice to be allowed in. But after you have been placed, no one should ever be able to tell you to GTFO of queue.

TL;DR Stop saying that people don't deserve to play ranked. Play enough games to get to your proper elo.

"Go play ranked and deal with bad players, trolls, etc. if you're around 1200 Elo."

"Go play ranked and have a team of 4 players with you that know how to play their role effectively and can at least lane without giving up 15 kills."

Which sounds better? When you play a 5 player game, that person doing their placement matches when they're a 500 Elo player is going to ruin a lot of people's days. The reason Starcraft 2 can get away with the whole starting you off in placements is because if you lose, it's your fault. You got beaten, nobody else suffers except you.

Whereas in League, if you go 0/10, you're dragging 4 other players down. Yes, those 4 will eventually get to their actual Elo if they play a large number of games. But who wants to do that when half of them will have a baddy or a troll in it?

I think either people should enter ranked at a lower Elo, or be forced to play more games before playing.

Jeremee 12-03-2012 02:06 PM

For real. I didn't touch ranked until like 800 games after I first played one and got stomped. I'd say after lvl 30 which is like 200 games, another 200 at least should be played.

GFireflyE 12-04-2012 06:35 AM

imo, elo needs to have a larger spread.
- Instead of 0-2000, it should be 0-3000.
- Once you hit lvl 30, you earn elo 0. Now you can start playing ranked.
- The first 20 games are the most important; winning them can put you around 1400 elo. That means, if you win 70% of them, you are at 1000. 1000 is the cut off to elo hell. 1000-2000 is the realm of Bronze to Gold. Here is where the majority of players play.
- Below 1000 is the abyss of troll and afkers. Above 1000 is the realm of people trying.
- Very stiff penalties applied to the 1000-2000 realm if you are reported for trolling or afking. Two or three hits can easily dive you into elo hell, so BE AT YOUR BEST.
- If you're in elo hell, aspects other than elo should also be applied in determining your elo score so that good players, even though the team sucks, can still dig thereselves out of elo hell. Don't know what this would entail yet...
- 2000-3000 is the realm of champions. Platnum and Diamond are here and there is ZERO crossing between the two realms. Plat will never be matched with Gold. Here, you wouldn't expect there to be trolls. If it happens (does it?), penalizing won't really do much because they'd just slaughter lower tiers....so it's straight to ban....

This is the way I see the system working anyways.....thoughts?