League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I suck. Could I get some advice? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2860107)

Redfoxmagic 12-03-2012 09:15 AM

I suck. Could I get some advice?

So, I'm on a losing streak. I suck.

Anyways, I'm posting here honestly because in the 2 years that I've played LoL, I know I have room for improvement, and where best to ask for advice then on runes and masteries! Usually I play to my own liking and style, but let's be honest with ourselves. There is a Rune and Mastery page that maximizes DPS and/or effectiveness of heros/champions to their fullest potential.

I play MF, Cait, Tw, and Ez as my ADC's.
I play Veigar, Brand, Annie, Kat, as my APC's.
I play Kayle and Trundle as my Tops.

I don't jungle but when I do it's Chogath or Voli.

And I never support because I am horrible at it. I understand it generally, I understand what to do, I'm just bad at it.

My mains and favorites would have to Be Cait, MF, Veigar, Kat, and Trundle.

So back to the reason I need help. I would like to know two things for each of my MAINS.

What are the best DPS mastery and rune pages? (highest dps, but not necessarily the beefiest/fastest moving/etc.)
What are the best Utility pages? (vice versa of Max DPS)

Fox.

Sune 12-03-2012 09:21 AM

I don't claim to be amazing at this game, however there are many things to improve your abilities:

Are you practicing last hitting (vs Bots is good)
Do you know the strengths and weaknesses or just the abilities of other champions besides the ones you play (this is HUGE, and can allow you judge what items to buy)

Are you purchasing items based on a mobafire build?

Are you buying wards? Are you making sure not to push your lane too far so you avoid ganks?

Are you working with you team mates to secure kills or are you trying to 1v1 (usually a bad idea, depending on the champion)

Rocket Cat 12-03-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfoxmagic (Hozzászólás 32039768)
So, I'm on a losing streak. I suck.

Anyways, I'm posting here honestly because in the 2 years that I've played LoL, I know I have room for improvement, and where best to ask for advice then on runes and masteries! Usually I play to my own liking and style, but let's be honest with ourselves. There is a Rune and Mastery page that maximizes DPS and/or effectiveness of heros/champions to their fullest potential.

I play MF, Cait, Tw, and Ez as my ADC's.
I play Veigar, Brand, Annie, Kat, as my APC's.
I play Kayle and Trundle as my Tops.

I don't jungle but when I do it's Chogath or Voli.

And I never support because I am horrible at it. I understand it generally, I understand what to do, I'm just bad at it.

My mains and favorites would have to Be Cait, MF, Veigar, Kat, and Trundle.

So back to the reason I need help. I would like to know two things for each of my MAINS.

What are the best DPS mastery and rune pages? (highest dps, but not necessarily the beefiest/fastest moving/etc.)
What are the best Utility pages? (vice versa of Max DPS)

Fox.

This isn't really the best forum to ask this on; the Help & Support forums is really more for technical issues.

That said, a good place to find information about specific champions is www.solomid.net/guides.php It's a good starting point; they have guides for basically every champion, I'd browse a few of each to find commonality between them.

Don't use mobafire builds ever, if that's what you're doing.