League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Morale, why don't people get this? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2859944)

Grollm 12-03-2012 07:51 AM

Morale, why don't people get this?

The title says it all. Why don't people understand morale? When everyone starts raging at eachother for doing poorly, it's already gg. I can't count how many games I've come back from after having a rocky start, only because our team stayed cool, calm, and collected. Very rarely have I won games where my team is raging at eachother.

Xitemo 12-03-2012 08:05 AM

I know how you feel. Personally it bugs me most when we're in champ select and someone searches me up on LoLKing or a similar site, and immediately picks me apart as if they've been watching me play for months. It's almost as if they've never had bad games or more specifically games with trolls that dragged the whole team down into a loss. 6v4 is not fun my friends.

But I digress. My point was that not only should you stay calm and collected as you suggested, but also go into each game with an open mind and at the very least neutral but cooperative attitude.

On a side note I almost wish they took honor into account when matchmaking and matched you with players not only in your win bracket, but also in a similar honor rank to you if possible. I know it probably sounds crazy, but I kinda feel like it would lead to more enjoyable games all around.

Kuos 12-03-2012 08:09 AM

There are just some people who think that their better than everyone else, and that if they fail, it has to be because of others. It's just the fact that people like that do exist. Shows how messed up this world is.

Pure Celerity 12-03-2012 08:11 AM

I actually had a hour long convo in a post game lobby the other day. Let me first say that i think repeatedly yelling/talking trash for one mistake is pointless. I hope this doesn't cause a fight but I think the community is too soft. I have played sports my whole life, and I respond very well to anger and yelling. I am accustomed to my coach screaming at me and me NEVER MAKING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. So when I yell at a kid in game, that just makes more sense. To me "you are a complete moron, why didn't you _____" is way more useful than "Hey, maybe this woulda worked better" or "better luck next time... good effort though!" I think a lot of the LoL community are the kids who took home the trophies for participation and believed their moms when they said everyone is beautiful. I get that certain people respond to things differently but from what I've seen flaming happens when one kid yells at another and the kid throws a tantrum instead of owning up to the mistake and doing better next opportunity.

OneSixthIrish 12-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Celerity (Hozzászólás 32038327)
I actually had a hour long convo in a post game lobby the other day. Let me first say that i think repeatedly yelling/talking trash for one mistake is pointless. I hope this doesn't cause a fight but I think the community is too soft. I have played sports my whole life, and I respond very well to anger and yelling. I am accustomed to my coach screaming at me and me NEVER MAKING THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. So when I yell at a kid in game, that just makes more sense. To me "you are a complete moron, why didn't you _____" is way more useful than "Hey, maybe this woulda worked better" or "better luck next time... good effort though!" I think a lot of the LoL community are the kids who took home the trophies for participation and believed their moms when they said everyone is beautiful. I get that certain people respond to things differently but from what I've seen flaming happens when one kid yells at another and the kid throws a tantrum instead of owning up to the mistake and doing better next opportunity.

The key here is you, or said player, owning your, or his mistake, it has nothing to do with you responding better to harsh criticism versus someone responding better to a non confrontational suggestion, so while I agree with the end part about flaming, there's no need to be a dick about it.

Pure Celerity 12-03-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSixthIrish (Hozzászólás 32038731)
The key here is you, or said player, owning your, or his mistake, it has nothing to do with you responding better to harsh criticism versus someone responding better to a non confrontational suggestion, so while I agree with the end part about flaming, there's no need to be a dick about it.

I get where you are coming from but the issue is that "being a dick" is subjective. And in accordance to the "golden rule," being harsh is how I would like to be treated.

But in my opinion you are right. If I say "Hey why the *** would you do that? Why didnt you ___?" or if i say "hey man maybe try doing ___ next time, but good job trying your best!" the problem is whether he owns up to his mistakes or if he wants to start a confrontation for me even attempting to correct him.

Kinda makes me wonder if its worth saying anything, but I'm pretty sure the day where I would keep quiet about a serious mistake, will never happen.

Dynamo432 12-03-2012 08:49 AM

Regardless if a team had morale or not, some are unwilling to listen to your suggestions(regardless of how you express them). Believe me, these people know how to speak english. There is nothing you can do about them, and the next best thing is to try getting their attention through unconventional means. Morale does not guarantee a comeback, nor is it ineffective. Maybe if the team is completely rational with their decisions, morale would work. Otherwise, morale does nothing but allow stupidity to continue. When you put a lot of emphasis on social etiqutte, you base your decisions through emotions, not intellect, and thus allow the same mistake to repeat infinitely till the end times.

Btw op, its not unusual for someone with a terrible record to be *****ing about social etiquette in the game.

Grollm 12-03-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo432 (Hozzászólás 32039121)
Regardless if a team had morale or not, some are unwilling to listen to your suggestions(regardless of how you express them). Believe me, these people know how to speak english. There is nothing you can do about them, and the next best thing is to try getting their attention through unconventional means. Morale does not guarantee a comeback, nor is it ineffective. Maybe if the team is completely rational with their decisions, morale would work. Otherwise, morale does nothing but allow stupidity to continue. When you put a lot of emphasis on social etiqutte, you base your decisions through emotions, not intellect, and thus allow the same mistake to repeat infinitely till the end times.

Btw op, its not unusual for someone with a terrible record to be *****ing about social etiquette in the game.

Was that a stab directed at me? If it was, if you're talking about the 4 ranked games I lost in a row I can give you a play by play. Darius game, I got counter jungled hard. No one in any of the other lanes warded, and I had no items because I was the only one warding. Every lane I ganked didn't pay attention when I ganked even when I said, "ganking mid"or "ganking bot."I would engage and they would sit back and creep, leaving me to die. Katarina game, I was against a TF and I was beating him hard in lane. TF went to gank top, I followed him top and our Rengar followed too. He didn't expect it to me a 3 v 2, so he backed off very low. Instead of letting it go at that, Rengar chased hard and then died, giving him his first kill. Tf picked up another kill after Rengar failed a gank bot and TF teleport. At that point TF is already a monster.I was doing what I could to push the lane and deny him farm and punish him for roaming. Also, the one thing Rengar was proficient at was kill stealing, which he did 6 times to me. Cho game I got camped top by enemy Udyr ,never received a gank from Jax. I sat at my tower, I bought gp10s and just literally sat at tower, I was denied farm and zoned, with no ganks. Leona game I had an afk and we had to surrender. Prior to those 4 losses I was on a 6 game winning streak, at I was at about 1300ish elo. Now I'm down to a little below 1100. I had a bad streak, yes but if you look at my kda (4.4/4.1/7.9) compared to your kda (6.7/6.6/9.5), I am actually better than you. Your kda is 2.45 my kda is 3 even. So even though you get more kills than me on average, you also die more often. And I had a bad streak of games, which is pretty much completely irrelevant to what I was talking about. I was talking about the people who ***** and complain the entire game and think the game is over just because they aren't doing well in their lane. So please learn to read, before you throw your mud sir. And speaking of terrible records, you're the one who is in the 900 elo destroying nubs with Twitch. The only reason you are winning those games is because people at that elo have no idea how to play against a Twitch. I bet not a single person in any of those games bought an oracles.

Edit: And before you say it, I'm not making excuses for my poor play. I got outplayed, I had a few bad games, but as a whole I am a good player. So stfu please.

Best Furry NA 12-03-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grollm (Hozzászólás 32040904)
Was that a stab directed at me? If it was, if you're talking about the 4 ranked games I lost in a row I can give you a play by play. Darius game, I got counter jungled hard. No one in any of the other lanes warded, and I had no items because I was the only one warding. Every lane I ganked didn't pay attention when I ganked even when I said, "ganking mid"or "ganking bot."I would engage and they would sit back and creep, leaving me to die. Katarina game, I was against a TF and I was beating him hard in lane. TF went to gank top, I followed him top and our Rengar followed too. He didn't expect it to me a 3 v 2, so he backed off very low. Instead of letting it go at that, Rengar chased hard and then died, giving him his first kill. Tf picked up another kill after Rengar failed a gank bot and TF teleport. At that point TF is already a monster.I was doing what I could to push the lane and deny him farm and punish him for roaming. Also, the one thing Rengar was proficient at was kill stealing, which he did 6 times to me. Cho game I got camped top by enemy Udyr ,never received a gank from Jax. I sat at my tower, I bought gp10s and just literally sat at tower, I was denied farm and zoned, with no ganks. Leona game I had an afk and we had to surrender. Prior to those 4 losses I was on a 6 game winning streak, at I was at about 1300ish elo. Now I'm down to a little below 1100. I had a bad streak, yes but if you look at my kda (4.4/4.1/7.9) compared to your kda (6.7/6.6/9.5), I am actually better than you. Your kda is 2.45 my kda is 3 even. So even though you get more kills than me on average, you also die more often. And I had a bad streak of games, which is pretty much completely irrelevant to what I was talking about. I was talking about the people who ***** and complain the entire game and think the game is over just because they aren't doing well in their lane. So please learn to read, before you throw your mud sir. And speaking of terrible records, you're the one who is in the 900 elo destroying nubs with Twitch. The only reason you are winning those games is because people at that elo have no idea how to play against a Twitch. I bet not a single person in any of those games bought an oracles.

Edit: And before you say it, I'm not making excuses for my poor play. I got outplayed, I had a few bad games, but as a whole I am a good player. So stfu please.

D...Damn. Way to stick up for yourself.

Anyhow, bad players happen, bad mistakes happen. I know I'll think I'm tough going 19/0 one game, 18/6 another, and the next I'll go 3/15 wondering what went wrong. It happens. Ask what went wrong, and make a suggestion on how to fix it. If they say something like "stfu", that's refusal to communicate. Someone unwilling to learn and toxic to the community; reportable if that type of attitude persists. But, they might listen. And that is good.

Dynamo432 12-03-2012 11:03 AM

have you tried reverse psychology when your teammates choose not to buy wards?
people in 900 elo do buy oracles, and It wouldn't be any different in 1100 elo if people refuses to buy vision wards.