League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TT Beta process (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2859829)

keine Hoffnung 12-03-2012 06:20 AM

TT Beta process

Hello All,
Since this new TT is currently in "Beta", I have a quick question to ask.
Q. Riot, when will I get some way (other than forums) to submit my opinions (the good, the bad, the fixes needed) to you? You have said many times that this is still in beta and subject to change based on player input. However, I feel like my voice has yet to be heard or even asked. It seems like all that has been done since Shadow Isle's release is small item changes. Is there any other changes in store or is this new map the final TT product. Just a friendly update would be nice.

Just would like an update on this "beta" process. I would like to know what the community as a whole think (not just the forums). I want my voice to be heard rather than see countless QQ threads. I see the potential of the new TT but think there are still small things that need to be changed. If you really want user input to constructively build a better TT, I am willing to help and I am sure many others are too.

tl:dr - Want update on how Riot is handling the new TT, what changes we can expect and how can my opinions and discussions be heard.

Thanks

hotfire 12-03-2012 08:27 AM

bump- same ?'s

Les Nomerables 12-03-2012 10:46 AM

Forums are still the best place for feedback. What in particular did you want to bring up?

Small status update in the meanwhile. We've been bug-fixing and waiting for 1.72 to hit before making the next batch of major changes. S3 itemization may have a big impact on how the map plays, particularly in how it affects different champion types. We're hoping to get in a few more item tweaks, new items, and changes to the altar capture mechanics for 1.73, particularly addressed at increasing altar capture counterplay for ranged champions.

hotfire 12-03-2012 11:37 AM

Are there any treeline related changes on the current beta patch other than the itemization and stat changes? Like, a more rewarding jungle to mirror the sr changes, or any more timer adjustments?

it188 12-03-2012 11:44 AM

Old TT

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 32041966)
Forums are still the best place for feedback. What in particular did you want to bring up?

Small status update in the meanwhile. We've been bug-fixing and waiting for 1.72 to hit before making the next batch of major changes. S3 itemization may have a big impact on how the map plays, particularly in how it affects different champion types. We're hoping to get in a few more item tweaks, new items, and changes to the altar capture mechanics for 1.73, particularly addressed at increasing altar capture counterplay for ranged champions.

Is there any chance that you guys will let us have the original TT back, at least as a custom game type? There are many of us who loved the original map just the way it was.

Respectfully,
Summoner it188

Les Nomerables 12-03-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spittinhotfire (Hozzászólás 32043296)
Are there any treeline related changes on the current beta patch other than the itemization and stat changes? Like, a more rewarding jungle to mirror the sr changes, or any more timer adjustments?

No, holding back on additional changes until S3 stuff sinks in.

keine Hoffnung 12-07-2012 06:39 AM

Thanks for the response. :D
Forums seem to be the simplest way to get feedback, I was just curious if there was a plan to get global feedback from players in the future (since I assume a great deal of players do not visit the forums and most just QQ when they do).

One thing that concerns me is the jungle.
The wolf camp nearest the speed shrine is to easy to invade if any lane shoves. Would it be an possibility to switch this camp with the golems? I believe this would make the invade more of an investment in terms of damage rather than anyone being able to casually walk in and take it. I played a lot of jungle on the old TT and would this change make it feel more like a jungle role is possible?

I like the changes to alters, being squishy meant certain death when the other team tried to capture the alters.

edit: I guess the main thing I miss is the facade of a laning phase that used to be. It seems to be more of a shove lane then jungle and then gank/run at team rather than having the option for farming and laning 1v1 for at least a few mins.

keine Hoffnung 12-07-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it188 (Hozzászólás 32043497)
Is there any chance that you guys will let us have the original TT back, at least as a custom game type? There are many of us who loved the original map just the way it was.

Respectfully,
Summoner it188

I understand this sentiment, however I believe there were definite problems with the old TT. It would be nice to have it in a custom game but I don't think that many people would truly use it. It just seems to be something people want for nostalgia but not to actually use. It might be more work than it would be worth to allow it in customs games if nobody uses it.

Plus, the new TT is out so why not adapt?