League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why the disillusion that non-ranked doesnt matter? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2859399)

NiceDynamite 12-03-2012 12:19 AM

Why the disillusion that non-ranked doesnt matter?

So I'm trying to call what roles I want in normal games on my smurf, and people just auto lock. I proceed to politely remind them that it's common courtesy to situate who's doing what, and everyone just seems to say "It's not ranked, stfu nobody cares".

Ok, then I'm going to proceed to do ridiculous builds on champs, double lane mid, etc, and I can simply say "It's not ranked, nobody cares."

Funny how then I'd be considered a toxic player because I'm the one inconveniencing somebody, not the one being inconvenienced.

Most of the people in this game should just quit.

EyeHearShapes 12-03-2012 01:54 AM

Because if a player who plays ranked goes to non ranked and tries he'll end up going legendary .

Yajin 12-03-2012 02:56 AM

The worst part is that, as a new player myself, I'm forced to queue Normal, if I want to PvP. It's ridiculous. There should, at the very least, be a 1-29 Normal Queue Bracket! It's ridiculous that we get lumped in with all the lvl30s who just queue Normal because they don't want to try hard enough to queue Ranked, for whatever reason (or are trying out new champs/strategy/whatever).

HUGE turnoff, honestly.

I know LoL is an enormously popular/successful game but there's something to be said about improving the new-player experience. Between this "Normal" problem and the AI Bots being sort of worthless (need more Bot difficulty levels + better AI... so the bots don't have to literally cheat), yeah, it's pretty bad.

Slashinghardest 12-03-2012 03:27 AM

Idk if they changed matchmaking or what but im pretty damn sure you are.grouped by both hidden ELO and level.

FinalMystery 12-03-2012 03:35 AM

They are grouped by hidden ELO which is affected by level. However, trolls exist in normal queue and in ranked queues. The difference is the level of trolling. At higher ELOs you run into trolls far less than at lower ELOs. The problem comes into play when you have 4 man premades and you are solo queuing. You can easily mute one troll but its hard to mute all 4.

adc 12-03-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinalMystery (Hozzászólás 32034291)
They are grouped by hidden ELO which is affected by level. However, trolls exist in normal queue and in ranked queues. The difference is the level of trolling. At higher ELOs you run into trolls far less than at lower ELOs. The problem comes into play when you have 4 man premades and you are solo queuing. You can easily mute one troll but its hard to mute all 4.

Those three extra clicks are soooooo frustrating.

In response to the topic: Get over it. They're normal games, they don't have an impact on something others can see. If some guy wants to go AP Yi support bottom lane, let them.

Also, you're one of those ******bags who smurfs to beat people who are just starting at the game. **** off, you aren't wanted.

Slashinghardest 12-03-2012 06:09 AM

There are level brackets for matchmaking.

No Ticket 12-03-2012 06:23 AM

From reading your post it is clear that you don't know what "disillusion" means

OriginalJack 12-03-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNdaggar (Hozzászólás 32035842)
From reading your post it is clear that you don't know what "disillusion" means

I think he meant:

"Why dis illusion that non-ranked doesnt matter?"

Riiiiiight? Because using a word like that incorrectly would make him look really silly.

But getting back to the intention of the post I think you're going to have trouble getting people to take normal games as seriously as ranked. That's half the reason ranked is there, it's a place for people to go tryhard mode. Calling roles in normals isn't really needed because it should usually be clear which lane somebody is going to based on what champ/summoners they have. If it's not clear just ask but you don't really neeeed to call a role, it's normals after all just do whatever and it's cool as long as you are making a legit effort to win. (so no AP vayne etc.)

NiceDynamite 12-03-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 32035482)
Those three extra clicks are soooooo frustrating.

In response to the topic: Get over it. They're normal games, they don't have an impact on something others can see. If some guy wants to go AP Yi support bottom lane, let them.

Also, you're one of those ******bags who smurfs to beat people who are just starting at the game. **** off, you aren't wanted.

Why do you even post? Nobody likes you.

No, I don't smurf because I enjoy beating low levels. Quite the opposite. I DESPISE low level games. I understand that there's no Elo to gain from normals, but that doesn't mean I don't want to take the game seriously and win.

On a side note, seriously AD, you're a stupid troll and nobody likes you. Just quit.