League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Should it be allowed to leave in-game? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2858685)

I Love Slurpees 12-02-2012 06:19 PM

Should it be allowed to leave in-game?

I've never been one to just up and leave a game, but seriously why is it forbidden to leave games that are gonna do nothing but irritate you and will for sure end in a loss? Every day I get trolls, but I can usually deal with them, but not even 15 minutes ago I finally reached a point where I just had to leave the game. It just wasn't worth the time. So I ask my fellow summoners, why isn't there a "vote to end game" in the first 0-5 minutes or a leavers policy where if someone dc's within first 5 minutes its ok for everyone to leave game safely? It's not fair to me or the other people on my teams that have to deal with trolls for 20 minutes before being allowed to leave a game.

inb4 "We all get trolls deal with it." I'm aware everyone gets trolls, but don't you think we need to have a way to deal with it rather than just having to wait 20 minutes to surrender, and then report...

PogoPogoPogoPogo 12-02-2012 06:47 PM

If the game is going to irritate you, don't queue up for it in the first place.

Malyrus 12-02-2012 06:59 PM

Even if someone has disconnected from the game for five minutes, that doesn't guarantee a loss. I've had games where a person disconnects from the game for 20 minutes, only for them to come back, apologize for having a cruddy connection/computer/whatever, and then we win. A five-minute disconnect says nothing about the outcome of the game.

That said, I don't know how to deal with people who decide to quit. I was pretty irritated when I noticed there was suddenly no difference between people who "quit" and people who "disconnect" (the former only popped up when someone legitimately left the game and the latter only popped up when someone did not hit the "Leave game" button, or something like that). It would be easier to tell whether or not a game will be irritating if we can see whether or not the person quit or merely disconnected.

And I'm all for the suggestion that these AFKers can be replaced with bots. I'd rather have an intermediate-level bot than an AFKer on the team. That, of course, would be difficult to implement.

adc 12-02-2012 07:06 PM

I wouldn't rather an intermediate bot. Have you ever played against intermediate bots? They don't build that well (Ashe goes doran's -> boots -> mana regen?). They're horrible players (I can go 50/0 against them 1v5. It isn't hard).

WDine 0110 1001 12-02-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo (Hozzászólás 32025321)
If the game is going to irritate you, don't queue up for it in the first place.

that's like saying the world's a ****ty place, don't reproduce.

oh wait...

adc 12-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDine 0110 1001 (Hozzászólás 32026737)
that's like saying the world's a ****ty place, don't reproduce.

oh wait...

WDine i is more logical than WDine 6 9. It's an 8 bit code, my first thought is ASCII translation, not two 4 bits.

WDine 0110 1001 12-02-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 32027329)
WDine i is more logical than WDine 6 9. It's an 8 bit code, my first thought is ASCII translation, not two 4 bits.

yep i'll give you that. probably should have done binary for 69 rather than 6_9. oh wells. let's agree to disagree

adc 12-02-2012 08:46 PM

This is the internet. That is not possible.

WDine 0110 1001 12-02-2012 08:47 PM

well in that case, let us fight to the death, Mr AD Bottom.

adc 12-02-2012 08:49 PM

I shall meet you on the Fields of Justice at high noon.