League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hate (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2857389)

WelcomToMYJungle 12-02-2012 11:45 AM

Hate

All the people who don't work with the meta. I just had to leave a ranked game and sit for 30 damn minutes because wu kong wants to be our bot adc. Thats fine if you're gonna lose your own little normal game. But this is ranked. I should not have to wait another 30 minutes.. because I care about the loss. There should be a way to leave a game you disagree with the makeup of without consequence. There are too many people in this game who don't even know how it works. There is a meta for a reason. There's a pattern in the way people pick characters and where that characters position is for a reason. People play this game so much that you see the patterns of what works better. So why are we trying to change this in ranked games?
Ranked queues are the worst queue you can join. Almost every single ranked game I've played this season, I'ved raged. Not quit. Just *****ed the whole time cuz people don't know how this game works. I wouldnt even waste time with this post because it's my favorite game. But YOU have wasted my time by making me wait another 30 minutes just because I avoided a loss. Sometimes I think I hate this game more than I love it. Can I propose a game mode, where you pick your position before you are thrown into queue. For example, I jungle, so I would click jungler and then it would place me with 4 people who had chosen other roles. Because that is usually the reason ranked gets dodged, because of selfish people. GOD this game.....

PogoPogoPogoPogo 12-02-2012 11:50 AM

wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text

Aeshura 12-02-2012 11:52 AM

Incredibly long que time due to lack of supports :(

mdiaz28 12-02-2012 01:13 PM

I'm a support :)

Beatles87 12-02-2012 02:03 PM

the meta is only a form to play but isnīt troll or idiot donīt follow that meta, if more funny play when you donīt follow meta and you saw how work no follow meta, sometimes i play yi as adc and sometimes win and sometimes lose (we canīt win all the games) but i have a penta with yi in ranked in this season.

Mid Is A Feeder 12-02-2012 03:29 PM

Me and a friend went both with 2 other randoms. We destroyed there bot turret at 4 minutes, and went up to mid and got there turret and pushed mid and bot more before getting double top, and we won. We lost 1 turret at the top.

Got a problem?

(yes, 4 bot and 1 mid also getting top occasionally)

Ferreira Pedro 12-02-2012 07:28 PM

Wake up. The ''meta'' is a formation that evolved with time, players decided this was better here than that, and so on.
You and the Wukong guy are just as much as players as the guy who said the best way to play is 1-1-2 and jungle.

If you can't stand someone playing Wukong bot, you deserve to wait 30 minutes.

Ziek88 12-03-2012 05:23 AM

In every game you play there is pretty much a standard Meta for it whether it be a game like this, a shooter, or an RTS. Usually myself and the people I game with tend to adapt our own variation of how to play said games. On average, this confuses opponents in to either underestimating assuming we are foolish for not using the Meta and it throws off their strategy because they don't know how to play against the different strategy.

No, this doesn't work 100% of the time but more often than not it helps. Different isn't always bad. Try using communication with your team and you may learn some new strategies that might help win.

Ramachese 12-03-2012 07:06 AM

Oddly enought I've seen Wu played well in the ADC slot. Meta is not set in stone and many variations can work well. I've run Vlad top, mid and bottom support to great effect in all cases. His great sustain and ability to harass the enemy very effectively means that even when in a support role he give the carry the time she needs to farm.

I will admit that straying from meta can be a gamble and I would like to think that the player has already tested the champ in the position in normal games. Ranked is defintely not the place to experiment.

Zlain 12-03-2012 07:28 AM

Putting any bruiser into a lane with an actual ADC just sounds stupid to me. You're just gonna get poked down all day stuck on your side of the creeps.