League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Path out of Elo Hell! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2855842)

Dotayy 12-01-2012 08:32 PM

Path out of Elo Hell!

This season, I started well, then lost 15 straight games because of afk/feeders. Dropped from 1200 to 800 elo.

Slowly I realized that it was the negative attitude that cost me most of my games. I started being positive, helping out other summoners who didnt start out well because they got ganked or whatever the reason may be. And ignored everyone who just couldnt shut up from calling others "noobs" and what not. I am back over 1000 elo (i know its not much but its a progress from 800 elo) and almost a 50% win ratio.

Just remember summoners, positive reinforcement goes a long way. And ignore all the negative stuff. Ignore the users that are distracting you. Because you sure as hell wont win by arguing with stubborn people (I had to try real hard to call them people, i had a much more suitable word in mind)

Hope you get out of Elo hell!

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/26210824#history

Check that out...

Texar 12-01-2012 09:44 PM

how does being positive help the 5 games in a row I had people disconnect and not come back before that game even started?

Dotayy 12-01-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texar (Hozzászólás 31999452)
how does being positive help the 5 games in a row I had people disconnect and not come back before that game even started?

I didnt say you will win every game by doing what I did. Yea i won last 10 ranked games i played. There are some things you cant control.

And I have carried my team to victory in a 4 v 5 situation (yes from the beginning)

You will definitely lose if you give up. there is always a chance if you dont.
Once it was 4 v 5 and 2 of my other teammates gave up. So it was 2 v 5 and me and my support didnt give up even in 2 v 5. during teamfights we traded 2 for 3 and rest of our team finally got out of base since they believed that we stood a chance. Yes we lost that game but if they hadnt given up and left it 2 v 5 for 5 minutes we might have won. Just because its 4 v 5 doesnt mean you will automatically lose. Its possible to win, its easier to win 4 v 5 than to win 5 v 5 with a feeder.

Dont EVER give up atleast until the 20 minute mark. Even if its 1 v 5.

hobhan 12-02-2012 12:50 PM

I understand your pain i finish season 2 like 21w 41l and i dont take(all) the blame

Dotayy 12-02-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobhan (Hozzászólás 32014267)
I understand your pain i finish season 2 like 21w 41l and i dont take(all) the blame

Sorry to hear that =\ I am doing S3 as exclusively only ranked. I do a few ARAM/normal once in a while (normal only if i accidentally start normal)

JoeyM98A 12-02-2012 04:18 PM

nope, doesnt matter. if you have a troll, afk, idiot, or just a horrible team, you will lose no matter what. Once your there, you cant possibly get out, prove me otherwise that you can carry a 1v5

thomas1912 12-02-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyM98A (Hozzászólás 32020353)
nope, doesnt matter. if you have a troll, afk, idiot, or just a horrible team, you will lose no matter what. Once your there, you cant possibly get out, prove me otherwise that you can carry a 1v5

That's true, positive attitude will help you do well on high elo, but it doesn't do a thing in low elo.

Dotayy 12-02-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

I was dragged down to 800 elo, I pulled my way to over 1k elo. And no I have not carried a 1 v 5. But even in the 2 v 5 I had most kills in the game. I never died without taking atleast 2 with me. Even in 2 v 5 I took down atleast 2 everytime I died. I was teemo, not a tanky champ who can take alot of damage.

My point was, either way you cant surrender till 20 minute mark, so might aswell give it your all and stay positive AT LEAST till the 20 minute mark. If you dont give up, there is a slight chance that you might win. But if you just give up, theres no chance you will win.

If it was 1 v 5 and you just give up and let them take down all the turrets, 4 of them might d/c...you never know. Since you cant surrender might as well try.

Dotayy 12-02-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

I would also like to point out that I carried my team (2 top, jungle, mid and NO ADC) I was yi bot 2 v 1 against ez and soraka. Didnt just win the game, we slaughtered them. So yes, just because you have a troll , idiot, horrible team that does not mean you will lose no matter what.

Only thing i missed was an afk, but then again I carried a 4 v 5 to victory. So there, afk does not mean you will lose no matter what either.

Solemendal 12-02-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texar (Hozzászólás 31999452)

ive carried a 2v5 from the start >.> that ryze