Harin, the Geomancer
Name: Harin, the Geomancer
Attributes: Melee, Mage, Support, Tank
-Health: 410 (+90)
-Health Regen: 5 (+0.6)
-Mana: 245 (+50)
-Mana Regen: 7 (+0.6)
-Attack Damage: 53 (+3.5)
-Attack Speed: 0.625 (+2.2%)
-Attack Range: 125
-Armor: 14 (+3.5)
-Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
-Movement Speed: 330
- Passive - Gift of Granite
- Active - Whenever Harin casts a spell, allied champions within the area of effect of the spell gain a shield with a strength equal to 5% of his maximum health that lasts for 4 seconds. The shield stacks.
- Q - Tectonic Rift
- Active - Harin slams his palm into the ground, dealing 60/100/140/180/220 (+60% AP) (+4% max health) physical damage to enemies in a wide line and slowing them by 30/35/40/45/50% for 3 seconds.
- Range: 700
- Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
- W - Wall of Stone
- Passive - Harin gains 10/15/20/25/30 bonus Armor and Magic Resist.
- Active - Harin summons a massive wall of stone with a length of 550/600/650/700/750, lasting for 5 seconds. If Harin casts a Tectonic Rift through it, the wall explodes, increasing Tectonic Rift's range by 50% and expanding it's area of effect to the width of the wall perpendicular to the direction of the Rift.
- Range: 650
- Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
- Cooldown: 24/23/22/21/20 seconds
- E - Geomantic Surge
- Active - Harin summons a pillar of stone at a location, dealing 40/65/90/115/140 (+40% AP) (+3% max health) physical damage to enemies in a radius of 200 and blocking movement for 5 seconds. After 1 second, can be activated again to explode the pillar, dealing equal damage again in a radius of 350 and stunning enemies caught in the area of effect for 1 second. Casting a Tectonic Rift into it detonates it as well.
- Range: 800
- Cost: 80/90/100/110/120 mana
- Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds
- Ultimate - Seismic Burst
- Active - Harin places his hand on the ground, channeling for 2 seconds. At the end of the channel, the ground underneath Harin lurches, dealing 400/575/750 (+150% AP) (+10% max health) physical damage to enemies in a radius of 1300 and knocking them into the air.
- Cost: 140/180/200 mana
- Cooldown: 140/120/100 seconds
The Demacian military hones many talents in it's ranks. Some master the art of swordplay, some become brilliant leaders. The few become the devastating mage-knights of Demacia, indomitable figures that lead the charge onto the battlefield with unparallelled might. Harin is one such mage.
Harin cemented his place in the minds of the Demacian public during a Noxian siege on a keep at the Noxus border. When the Noxians collapsed a wall with their explosives, Harin simply raised it again, keeping them out while the archers on the towers picked off their numbers and fending them off one by one as they poured through whatever breaches he couldn't plug. The keep's name was changed in his honor, and he has since stepped into the League of Legends as one of Demacia's most honorable warriors.
"The very ground where he stands shakes with his purpose. I have the utmost respect for this man, who so wholly exemplifies the ideals of Demacia and who would rebuild it's walls as they were being torn the ground." - Garen Crownguard
- On pick: All right, I'm game.
- On move: I feel their steps.
- On move: Resolute.
- On move: They better watch their step.
- On attack: Lets crush them!
- On attack: Shake it up.
- On attack: Stand fast.
- Taunt: I didn't even do anything, you just tripped.
- Taunt: Trapped between a rock, and me.
- Joke: I wouldn't taunt the earth if I were you. It has the weight advantage.
- Joke: You know, us supports are always taken for granite. *Chuckles*
(Art isn't mine. I take no credit for artwork.)
Added some alternate abilities, debating simply removing old ones.
Heyo, reviewing champion concepts. You're the first of the day. Hope this helps you improve your creations!
Passive 1 – Tremorsense
Due to the large AoE radiuses on some of his other abilities, I’d go with your other option simply because stealth units will be hard countered at all stages of the game.
Passive 2 – Gift of Granite
I’d recommend changing this ability to only affect Harin. A 5% shield for every ally in the area is unbalanced.
Q – Tectonic Rift
A couple things I’d change here. 1) A 1 second stun on every enemy his in a wide line, which can be increased in range by another on of his abilities, is rage-inducingly unbalanced and needs to be changed to a slow, and 2) the cooldown is far too short for an ability with that much range and AoE. I’d change the stun into “knocking enemy minions into the air and slowing enemy champions” and increase the cooldown to 12s.
W – Wall of Stone
I like the combo with Tectonic Rift, but this ability just sounds like an Anivia copy. I’d change the ability completely.
E 1 – Gift of Granite
Change this to his passive.
E 2 – Geomantic Burst
Because I’m recommending removing Wall of Stone, I’d change the second cast into “If Harin hits Geomantic Burst with Tectonic Rift, the pillar explodes, dealing 150% damage to nearby enemies.”
Upon further thought, another alternative would be this: “If Harin hits Geomantic Burst with Tectonic Rift, the pillar explodes, dealing equal damage to the first cast and slowing enemies within the radius.
Ulti – Seismic Burst
I like the idea behind this ability, especially if Harin were to ride the earthern wave, but the ratios on this ability turns it into a God-nuke late game. I’d already be build Harin as a tanky-mage, much like Ryze or Rumble, so I’d have 3000+ hp at the end of the game. That’d be 300 damage off the HP ratio alone, plus my 250 AP, which would turn into an additional 425 damage thanks to the 1.5 ratio. That’s 1500 damage in one attack and it’s large enough to hit everyone in lane. GREATLY reduce the base damage, knock the AP ratio back to 1, and do one of the following: Nerf the HP ratio to 7.5%, OR Harim’s current shield strength is added to Seismic Burst’s damage but removes his shield.
The thing is, I want him to be a support to rally around, so I really want Gift of Granite to benefit teammates as well. Late game, a shield of 150 strength on every spell may seem like a lot, but he has to be firing it through his buddies, so it'll likely only effect the tanks who, lets be honest, don't think much of a 150 strength shield.
I could see changing Tectonic Rift to a slow. Say, 40% for 3 seconds?
Yes, Wall of Stone is similar to Anivia's Crystalize. In fact, that's the only thing it's similar to. No one else has an ability that makes a wall like that. The closest we've got is Trundle's pillar, and that's really there for the slow. In addition, Anivia's width scales with level, while Harin's width is set and instead duration scales with level, and it interacts with his other abilities. So I'm gonna go ahead and say having someone else with a wall ability with their own twist is probably fine.
I was thinking about adding in that Geomantic Burst could be triggered by Tectonic Rift or manually, as well. Comboing the two would be a fairly hefty AoE ability, but would have a rather hefty mana investment as well as cooldown.
Yes, Seismic Burst is rather potent, but lets looks at Nunu's Ult. 625 / 875 / 1125 (+ 250% AP) magic damage, 50% slow, 25% attack speed slow, roughly the same mana costs and cooldown, and can be cracked early if need be. When compared to Harin's, Nunu's is roughly equal, with Harin trading charge time for an inability to crack early, and slows for knockup.
Alrighty. Stats look good. Offensive ones might be a bit high for his role though. Don't quote me on that....yet. xP
His passive might be overpowered at the moment. I'd recommend adding in a limit as to how often his passive kicks in. Also, how many stacks can his allies have? 5% of his health may also be a bit much especially if he stacks health and all of his allies receive the shield.
Hm. Q is kinda like Malphite's W but kinda not. Both slam the ground, both lower a stat but one is AoE and the other is linear. Damage is on par to him as well as a few other tanks. I find this to be acceptable.
W's passive is physical or magical resistance? Or both? I really like how Tectonic Rift can be influenced by this ability. However, if you add in physics it wouldn't speed up or go further, though depending on the velocity of the impact the back of the wall may do so. Please note, I'm not a physics major or anything, I'm only saying. xP Everything else looks solid. Pun intended.
Again, I love how Tectonic Rift can influence this as well. This could be used in so many ways. I see it acting as a possible initiator by putting it behind or in the middle of a group and having it there to discourage the enemies from going a certain way or CC'ing them on the spot. Good move here, The5lacker.
His ultimate seems a bit...lacking, in my opinion. But effective nonetheless!
Overall, pretty good concept. There's a few grammatical issues that could be looked over here and there but aesthetically it is easy to read and understand. I give Harin, the Geomancer a 9/10 for representation and a 8/10 as a concept.
The passive from his W is Damage Resistance. It covers Magic and Physical damage but doesn't interact with his Armor and Magic Resist, other than applying first.
Having his abilities interact with that was a ton of fun. Another subtle interaction is that in the jungle, his W can lock out a path while he channels his Ult, which explodes basically an entire chunk of the jungle.
His Ult is basically a slightly modified version of Nunu's, and makes for risky but frighteningly effective nuke in teamfights which, even if it doesn't kill them, sets enemies up for a kill while shielding allies.
While Harin would indeed make a potent mid, I think his real lane would be top, of all things for a mage. His natural tankiness and potent farming potential, as well as his ability to help block off or secure ganks, make him a natural at duking it out with bruisers.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:05 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc