League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2854843)

Zarkof 12-01-2012 04:06 PM

[Champion Concept] Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm

Edit: Removed indefinitely

Repost here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2906183

DemosthenesPaean 12-01-2012 05:41 PM

This Champion reminds me a lot of Udyr, which is good because is is fairly unique and the only thing that really reminds me of him are the elements are like stances and they all have unique passives.

I feel that Elementalism Water should be ever 4-6 attacks instead of every 5 seconds. If it were a stun like Udyr's I think it would be great. If it were a snare I would think it is fair. Being slowed by 35% for 1.5 really isn't much and 5 seconds is a very long time while in combat. Yes, this is 3.5 seconds of them having normal speed apart from Udyr's who would have 5 seconds of their target with normal speed, but while dazed they can still move and use their abilities. If you also had your movement increased then this seems reasonable, but it currently feels lackluster.

For the Ultimate, I think in the spirit of the ability, each aspect (q,w,e) should have 5 ranks that go with the ultimate. Also I don't think it should choose one over the other, rather it should do all 3. For example, if q is rank 5, w is rank 1, and e is rank 3, then the Ultimate would do rank 5 of the fire effect, rank 1 of the water effect, and rank 3 of the earth effect.

Though doing a lot of damage is great and I am sure is the main purpose of this champion, I feel it would discourage players who also wanted to slow them or reduce their enemies damage.

20% reduced speed for 2 seconds feels pretty weak.
Reduced damage by 5% for 4 seconds feels incredibly weak.

Yes, this is an ae ability and 4 seconds is fairly long, but I don't see it being fair to make an ability where it only has good potential hitting 4-5 targets (20-25 reduced team damage). Try to remember the fact that players snowball pretty hard so where getting a tank, support, and a bruiser may not do that much damage so reducing them by 5% is nothing. Then you have your adc and ap carry who will likely do tremendous amounts of damage. If the adc is critting you for 800 and they have their attacks reduced by 5% (40 damage) you would never have known they had their damage reduced unless they had enough attack speed to do 20 attacks within 4 seconds so that you could justify that you just reduced enough damage where they lost 1 crit (800 damage). This is assuming all their attacks within those 4 seconds are crits or do 800 damage.

Good concept though.

Zarkof 12-01-2012 06:03 PM

The Macon 12-02-2012 12:51 AM

The shield blocking 6 autoattacks seems a tad excessive to me and the large amount of MR to boot? So lux is blowing her combo on you just shield and she has to attack you or wait out the 5 seconds. I either make it block less AA or try and rework it.

Zarkof 12-02-2012 09:52 AM

Zarkof 12-03-2012 12:38 PM

Zarkof 12-04-2012 11:53 AM

NobSaiboot 12-04-2012 03:56 PM

It's all good. We were all guilty of it at some point.

P : Not bad.

Q : Fair amount of damage. Sets enemies up for more hurt if they decide to keep trading with you. (Passive) The DoT isn't overly annoying either but can still get em for a kill if they're low enough

W : Good CC harass and wall. (Passive) Basically a built-in Phage. No complaints here.

E : A per-hit shields seems slighty overpowered but not terribly so. (Passive) Helps you from your mana running dry slightly.

R : A lot of damage, Provides a lot of utility and a 2 second stun is a fair amount of time.

Pretty good idea. Really interesting champion.

SephirothWontDie 12-04-2012 06:03 PM

this looks like a pretty cool champ.

passive: i feel.... pretty good about this, its seems decent.
fire: the damage isnt too high.
water: i think you should make the slow scale up as well, but thats just me. its fine as is.
earth: the heal/ mana restore is all fine and good, its almost like having a built in lifesteal without actually having lifesteal.

Q: i might reduce the scaling per rank on this, its already really strong with the ratio and the increase in damage. but thats it.

W: i feel like you could just use this against someone and they get stuck against a wall cuz they keep getting pushed, then they are sitting ducks. i might say that they are slowed after the initial push, still giving it what you want, but not allowing it to trap someone either.

E: i like the concept of this, but it seems 1) irrelevant against mages and 2) too strong against AD champs. i guess that could cancle out, but i dont know. its like jax's counterattack or counterstrike or whatever, but without the damage.

R: i like this, its unique, different.... but, at each rank, you say it will include another effect from those 3? it sounds cool, and its asking what you want to do; be offensive, defensive, or utility based first? this spell is a huge advantage as well as huge damage.

overall: this is a well-made champion and its interesting. keep up the good work.

Zarkof 12-04-2012 07:47 PM