League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 29

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sexuality and Friendship (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2853885)

Scarlena 12-01-2012 09:40 AM

Sexuality and Friendship

[Note: When I say 'friend', I mean someone enjoy chatting with, go out to lunch, have some mutual interests, see a movie, and there's some degree of trust]

The other day I was contemplating why I'm friends with the people I am at work. While I'm 'friendly' with everyone, I go out of my way to talk to only a few people, and even less that I hang out with outside of work. I realized that it was mostly men, and the one woman I'm friends with is a uniquely funny and interesting girl. In contrast, I'm friends with most of the men that work there (note that that's, like, six). The few men I'm not friends with I have ZERO sexual interest in. The majority of the men I work with, if the conditions were just right, I could imagine sleeping with. There's a few, though, that I can never, ever see that happening. It's those guys I'm not friends with.

What I have concluded from this is that, unless someone is uniquely awesome, I require some level of sexual tension for an interesting and engaging friendship.

I also realize that a frequent complaint from women regarding male friends is that they're only interested in "on thing" and they're just being less direct about it. I think it's funny that I appear to be doing the same thing. Any thoughts on this? I'm particularly interested to see if any females relate.

Mere Intricacy 12-01-2012 09:45 AM

Are you implying there was another purpose as why someone would willingly interact with another person?

Scarlena 12-01-2012 09:46 AM

Disney would have you believe that is for who they are as a person.

Or some shit like that.

Colonel J 12-01-2012 09:51 AM

I don't understand the question...

Mere Intricacy 12-01-2012 09:53 AM

Do you only have the one female freind?
If so or if not, do you get any self graification or validation from the relationship?
Or prehaps you are seeking another type of approval in these relationships..

Also could you see yourself hooking up with you female freind/s if the situation was right?
Or is their no sexual tension at all?

Wait Scar, if think you may give all guys in the "friend zone" new hope...

ThaBizness 12-01-2012 09:54 AM

Scarelena is a whore just like Mere except less attractive and less interesting. I expect the same people who give Mere a hard time about threads like this to not waver on their opinion.

People expect different things in return for friendships. This is nothing new or different.

sammich kek 12-01-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlena (Hozzászólás 31980444)

What I have concluded from this is that, unless someone is uniquely awesome, I require some level of sexual tension for an interesting and engaging friendship.

Me too, I used to think it made me a scumbag but it's just part of being human. It's really not your fault there are lots of boring people out there either.

Umbasa 12-01-2012 09:54 AM

i dont know whats going on in this thread but all i can say is i dont hang out with chicks that i dont wanna bang, to varying degrees.

poe tay toes 12-01-2012 09:55 AM

i think that's fairly normal, most people just won't admit to having some degree of interest in almost all of their cross-gender (or same gender) friends.

ThaBizness 12-01-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinkSammich (Hozzászólás 31980762)
Me too, I used to think it made me a scumbag but it's just part of being human.

Oops one person who wavered