League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pre-Game In-Client Lag (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=285378)

Bleazy 10-09-2010 10:24 PM

Pre-Game In-Client Lag

Alright so on my computer League of Legends runs fine in-game. But before the game it runs REALLY slow and like in champ select i dont even get to choose my champion its so slow it just freezes.. My computer is fine I have a terabyte of drive memory and 4 GB of RAM and a Quad Core Processor, but I don't know why it does this. Any suggestions?

Kasai 10-10-2010 11:51 AM

I have this exact same problem. The pre-game interface can take up to 20 seconds to respond to my clicks. I usually can't change masteries in time.

edit: I also have a good computer.

Amiyuy 10-10-2010 05:03 PM

Happening post-game too, it's impossible for me to add a comment to a report because it's taking minutes to register keypresses and clicks.

tronclock 10-10-2010 07:25 PM

Yes this was a big problem for me too. Some how the client got worse since recent patches but anyway as you guys say your computers are good it seems to me to be networking thats the problem which makes sense cuz its computer power independent. make sure you don't have stuff like bitTorrent running ( ending that process fixed for a lot of the lag for me )

open the task manager and go to the preformence tab, click the resource monitor button, and then go to the network tab in that. That should help show what is using most of your bandwith and u can start ending some stuff back in the procceses tab, careful tho if your new to this cuz it can do some harmfull stuff i believe

hope that helps, cuz playing a random champion because of network lag is sometimes pretty bad in free champ weekend lol

SoloDragoon 10-11-2010 07:26 AM

I want to say its the client, but at the asme time I want to say its AIR. Adobe AIR is a POS. really should build there own platform and not use air :P

Lazenator 10-13-2010 05:47 PM

I'm having the same issue. This only started recently, for some reason. Occasionally it gets so bad, it freezes when i try to choose summoner spells. Is it Adobe AIR related? Should I try updating that? Only my chat is affected, i can see what other people say just fine. There's just huge delays in my actions.

l Griffin l 10-14-2010 07:24 PM

Same problems for me...most of the time it takes about 30 secs after the game has popped for me to even get the meassage saying i can join champion select. Half the time I never get to see who all my teammates selected and usually the game never even opens up once the timer runs out. I always have to close the client and restart it to join the game. Also after the game is over i rarely can ever get to the game summary screen so I usually click skip seeing stats and right after if I go to my match history and meassage pops up saying PVP.net error your connection has timed out. This **** is so annoying.