League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to beat Zed top lane? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2851613)

Engrish 11-30-2012 02:47 PM

How to beat Zed top lane?

When Zed first came out everyone maxed his razor shuriken (Q) which I could easily dodge. Most people were bad with him and I could beat him with Wukong, Jax, Irelia and anyone with a gap closer. Now everyone knows to max shadow slash combo'ed with living shadow and it's so annoying to lane with him. Should I try to CS first or just beat the **** out of him so I can CS in peace?

Does lvl 2 Jax or Irelia beat lvl 2 Zed? I'm really tempted to just jump on Zed and force him back the instant I get lvl 2. I feel like I should not let Zed push me to my tower because he'll just W and E harass me for free on my tower. Then he'll ult, ignite, and I die...

What do I do against this squishy, scrub champ?

ChaosRyzen 12-01-2012 11:35 AM

Really since he fist came out i always did his shadow slash first then living shadow, anyway i find the best champs to counter zed is garen with jax being about even till lvl 4 where i cant trade with him very well and that makes ir harder to stop him from farming.

ChaosRyzen 12-01-2012 11:36 AM

Really since he first came out i always did his shadow slash first then living shadow, anyway i find the best champs to counter zed is garen with jax being about even till lvl 4 where i cant trade with him very well and that makes ir harder to stop him from farming.

Xcelerator 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Anyone with sustain wins...

Freerfs 12-01-2012 09:03 PM

Well zed is an assassin, so a tankier champs will beat him. I find that Malphite absolutely wrecks Zed.

Flayne 12-02-2012 06:07 PM

If you want to beat Zed, first rule is DO NOT let him farm, harrass him as much as you can while farming at the same time.

Also, you must dodge as many Q shots as you can.

The reason people tend to max E first on Zed is because they can't throw skill shots effectively.
But wait until you face a Zed that is actually good at skill shotting, those are the annoying ones.

If you feel squishy against Zed, try getting a gank and also building a bit of tankiness (armor + health).

That will make it harder for Zed to actually push you back. Also, take into consideration that Zed needs high AD in order to execute his damage with efficiency, which means that he will be fairly squishy.

Try to avoid getting hit by double E or Q, that sometimes can be the difference between surviving a full attack by Zed or a gank.

Kaoelith 12-03-2012 12:22 AM

volibear dunks on zed, but the chance you really see a zed in ranked is low

SFG mAEtb0y 12-03-2012 02:54 AM

Ryze top gogogo.

TheKonpaku 12-03-2012 03:07 AM

Take Riven top, max cooldown masteries, outburst him at lvl 2, rush ninja tabi, dodge his Q harass, proceed to destroy him the rest of the game. Zed top lane is just not that great, Zed jungle however is terrifying.

ExquisiteBurrito 01-19-2013 08:39 PM

It'sz all about the alligator :D
Renekton stompsz him big time, sustain + AOE, though RENEKTON fallsz off big time late game though . . . -.-