League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   tried DOTA 2.. Rave post (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2850682)

Jeanschyso 11-30-2012 08:17 AM

tried DOTA 2.. Rave post

Man.. LOL minimap is so good!

we can leftclick on it to see what's going on here and there. The ping system is userfriendly, the map is clear.

Camera movement is great too. Lol HUD fluidity is probably the best in the MOBA genre, and I wanted to say Kudos for that.

Of course, the API for changing recommended items require a bit of research and if Riot could find a small team to implement that system in-game, it would be just great, but that minor complain is nothing compared to the clearness and friendliness of the UI.

Qsario 11-30-2012 12:22 PM

They plan to give those items an overhaul in the S3 shop, because everything will be different then. And we'll finally have one-click access to the categories, a search function, etc. that the shop has long needed.

Jeanschyso 11-30-2012 01:22 PM

yea... as long as they don't add TOO many items..

I saw some items that might make buying items more interesting. It looks like the dota2 shop, but as long as the items stats make sense (dota 2: wtf is agi and str... we're not in 1990) I'll be happy :)

I admit getting to the faerie charm when your recommended items don't include it was PRETTY annoying lol

Slash7 12-03-2012 01:02 PM

what i liked bout dota 2 is the health bars

there was spacing for every 200 hp and for every 1000 hp or 600
so u better know how much health the enemy has

100 hp spacing is really helping much
so if someone has 4000 or 6000 and there is spacing for 100
u would bearly know exactly how much hp the enemy has until u click on him or her

better spacing would help champions like darius and riven to get more executions

Vrouge 12-08-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanschyso (Hozzászólás 31954905)
yea... as long as they don't add TOO many items..

I saw some items that might make buying items more interesting. It looks like the dota2 shop, but as long as the items stats make sense (dota 2: wtf is agi and str... we're not in 1990) I'll be happy :)

I admit getting to the faerie charm when your recommended items don't include it was PRETTY annoying lol

Agility/Dexterity and Strength are used in many MMOs such as WoW (2004) and Rift (2011). I wouldn't call that the 1990s.

LadyFiara 12-08-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanschyso (Hozzászólás 31949072)
Man.. LOL minimap is so good!

we can leftclick on it to see what's going on here and there. The ping system is userfriendly, the map is clear.

Camera movement is great too. Lol HUD fluidity is probably the best in the MOBA genre, and I wanted to say Kudos for that.

Of course, the API for changing recommended items require a bit of research and if Riot could find a small team to implement that system in-game, it would be just great, but that minor complain is nothing compared to the clearness and friendliness of the UI.

And this probably no longer applies now that Riot decided it wanted to be a clone of DOTA2