League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Let's brainstorm Sivir's lore (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2849954)

Snes C 11-29-2012 08:37 PM

Let's brainstorm Sivir's lore

Sivir has, in my opinion, the worst lore of any champion. Her lore portrays her as a simple mercenary with no interesting backstory, motives, or relationships. Her only goal is to make more money on top of her existing fortunes by being paid to kill people. Snorzeville. So I'm thinking we could brainstorm a lore rewrite right here on the Lore Discussion forums.

Lets reduce Sivir's lore to its basic characteristics that are key to the plot.

Sivir is a mercenary renowned for her skill in combat. For a long time she was employed by the Noxian military, but she broke her contract with them after the failed invasion of Ionia.

Possible areas to explore:
  • Where did Sivir come from? Where was she trained? Why did she become a mercenary?
  • If she's from Noxus, why didn't she join the military?
  • Why did she break off her contract with the Noxian military?
  • Does she have a new arrangement with a different party?

fortide 11-29-2012 09:04 PM

I thought Fizz's was worse.I mean, at least she has some motive for joining the League. But Fizz was bascially shows up, fights some shark, and then joins for...whatever reason.

Melancholy Exile 11-29-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnesController (Hozzászólás 31941703)
  • Where did Sivir come from? Where was she trained? Why did she become a mercenary?

We really have no idea about any of this. Her lore is vague enough to imply that she's a former Noxian who only turned sell-sword after she broke away but could just as easily be a foreigner who only ever did mercenary work. It's thoroughly unhelpful.

She could be from outside Noxus, like Sion, and have gravitated her way there through mercenary work. It would certainly explain why her outfit is far from typically Noxian and suit the Xena allusions.

Quote:

• If she's from Noxus, why didn't she join the military?

If she's from Noxus, there's nothing in her lore to suggest she didn't serve.

Quote:

• Why did she break off her contract with the Noxian military?

She disagreed with the war in Ionia on non-moral grounds. She could tell that the war was going to end in a bloody stalemate, rather than a Noxian victory, and refused to fight under such a misguided command.

Quote:

• Does she have a new arrangement with a different party?

Yes and no. She'll fight for whoever has the cash. That's it.

I think one of the more baffling things is just how Sivir's arrangements actually work: Why would anyone pay for a champion to represent them when the same thing is seemingly available equity-free from any number of other options?

Motajo 12-01-2012 04:04 PM

Also, seeing as her lore implies someone with little to no morals, why is one of her quotes "For the honor of all"?

Melancholy Exile 12-01-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motajo (Hozzászólás 31990851)
Also, seeing as her lore implies someone with little to no morals, why is one of her quotes "For the honor of all"?

I'm fairly certain it's because they threw her dialogue together before they actually settled on her character.

Unless you want to really stretch it and read it as a deliberately PC battlecry she can use without drawing the ire of any single faction.

Trolosaurus 12-02-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortide (Hozzászólás 31942335)
I thought Fizz's was worse.I mean, at least she has some motive for joining the League. But Fizz was bascially shows up, fights some shark, and then joins for...whatever reason.

I personally find Zyra's or Syndra's to be the worst

1Eredale 12-02-2012 02:21 AM

Sivir is actually one of the characters I can connect to - my OC has been a mercenary for the longest time, so that's an area I explored well. True enough, some things cannot really be explained, but the fact that she wields a crossblade that was clearly designed for somebody twice her size, says that she didn't just buy it from a blacksmith. Ezreal also found that damn huge amulet of his during one of his adventures, so that may just be a hint here - the crossblade also deflects spells, so it's no average thing too.

Fizz as well, seems plain enough, but he's actually a part of a huge behind-the-scenes plot - during one of the Official Roleplays, the player party has discovered a lost underground city in Shurima desert. It was covered in summoning dust, and everything looked as if the people just disappeared instantly. The same happened to Fizz' hometown - everyone was just gone all of a sudden. It's actually damn scary - what city is going to disappear next? Bandle? Or Freljord, maybe? And what in the world is causing that?...