League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Double IP first game reset timer. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2847184)

Nexus 11-28-2012 10:54 PM

Double IP first game reset timer.

Would the idea of resetting this timer at midnight be a good one?

I used to play a lot of summoners but I haven't for a while and the first win thing wasn't that big of a deal cause you win some you lose some. But now I play more ARAM / TT then summoners. Sometimes I win at weird times of the day.. then you have to wait for that weird time next day, then it escalates from there to worse. Until a point where you have to miss a day of bonus IP to normalise it.

Other games with these kind of timers usually just reset it at midnight, it still allows you to still receive the bonus once a day.

JJ Unbreakable 11-28-2012 11:24 PM

That is a valid point and a good suggestion.
I hope it happens.

The only thing I could think of that would change from this is that it means whichever users only play for that 1 a day IP boost could jump on at 11:30pm, have a game, then play after midnight and get their 2 daily IP boosts and come back in two days.

This means those 'I only play to get my IP boost' players would be playing twice every two days instead of once every day (every 24 hours).

I can't imagine they make up the majority of LoL players and I think the midnight reset would be beneficial for the 99%.
Edit: I really wanna delete this last line but I've already been called out on it by a red so... yay. Fail me.

RiotKiddington 11-29-2012 01:44 AM

The current system works this way:

Quote:

A win, in any game type except custom, will award the "first win of the day" bonus if available. This bonus is a fixed 150 IP which is not affected by boosts or penalties. When awarded, this bonus becomes unavailable for 22 hours.
you want to change it so that it will this way:

Quote:

A win, in any game type except custom, will award the "first win of the day" bonus if available. This bonus is a fixed 150 IP which is not affected by boosts or penalties. When awarded, this bonus becomes unavailable until midnight.

Let's do some comparison of these two systems:
What is the max possible number of “first win of the day” bonus a player can get if they play every day for 100 days using existing system? 109
What is the max possible number of “first win of the day” bonus a player can get if they play every day for 100 days using your system? 100

------------------------

if the player always play at 11 PM every day, then the bonus reset schedule will be at the following time:

day 01 - 11 PM
day 02 - 9 PM
day 03 - 7 PM
day 04 - 5 PM
day 05 - 3 PM
day 06 - 1 PM
day 07 - 11 AM
day 08 - 9 AM
day 09 - 7 AM
day 10 - 5 AM
day 11 - 3 AM
day 12 - 1 AM
day 13 - 11 PM
total number of first win of the day the player will get: 13 (or 12, depends on when server deploys we do a reset or not)

If we use the system you suggested, the bonus schedule will reset at the following time:
day 01 - 12 AM
day 02 - 12 AM
day 03 - 12 AM
day 04 - 12 AM
day 05 - 12 AM
day 06 - 12 AM
day 07 - 12 AM
day 08 - 12 AM
day 09 - 12 AM
day 10 - 12 AM
day 11 - 12 AM
day 12 - 12 AM
day 13 - 12 AM
total number of first win of the day the player will get: 13 (or 12, depends on when server deploys we do a reset or not)

I guess if you have time you can do an analysis on what the bonus reset schedule for odd alternating play hours. I do not think it will provide significant benefit over the existing system if you take majority of players' playing time into consideration.
let me know if I made any errors in my calculation, since I rarely do math at 2 AM in the morning.

RiotKiddington 11-29-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ Unbreakable (Hozzászólás 31915778)
I can't imagine they make up the majority of LoL players and I think the midnight reset would be beneficial for the 99%.

How did you come up with this number?

JJ Unbreakable 11-29-2012 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 31917484)
How did you come up with this number?

I put one number in there, one time >.<
Yes, busted, used a statistic instead of an analogy.
I shall hang my head in shame...

JJ Unbreakable 11-29-2012 01:57 AM

Also, I was under the impression the bonus became unavailable for 24 hours.
My mistake for not doing the research before opening my big mouth.

Mattnumbers 11-29-2012 02:02 AM

I prefer the current system, even if it does make me play at odd hours sometimes to maximize my IP lol

Warrikon 11-29-2012 02:15 AM

To be honest i barely even notice the win of the day... maybe it should be doubled. most people i know get some time to play in the morning, some in the night... etc. Idunno. maybe i have no points to really elaborate on but i would really want to make league feel like a 'restricted sort of gameplay' rather than, here, you get a bonus for this game, now slave off for the rest.

CorpseMoney 11-29-2012 02:45 AM

I agree the first win of the day boost should be increased, I buy a lot of IP boosts so it makes it irrelevant.

ChaosBloodterfly 11-29-2012 02:46 AM

Pretty sure it would reset at roughly 9:30PM everytime (given an average game is approx 30min). That's only if he wins every single game. The 22 hours isn't from the reset time, but the last time it was awarded.

Thus, if I have a mildly erratic schedule (i.e. anywhere from 7 pm to 11pm), if I lose a win of the day if the scheduling doesn't go perfectly, or I lose some games. (like if I played 11 pm one day, then 7 pm the next, because that's how life goes sometimes)

Also, why not just, "game of the day"? Why does it have to be a win.