League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Freezing Lanes a Problem (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2846799)

Crede777 11-28-2012 07:40 PM

Freezing Lanes a Problem

I am just getting my feet wet with 3's on the new map.

What I have noticed, and this may just be a trend for my games, is that there are a great deal of players who can essentially freeze a lane near their turrets (or at least on their half of the map). If I accidentally push even a little bit past half point, I fall 20-30 cs behind my opponent.

This is partly because for some reason the lane is sticking or freezing (I don't know if my opponents are doing it intentionally or not). This problem is compounded by the proximity of the jungle. I can't safely farm away from my turret without worrying that I will be ganked at a moment's notice. This is especially true if we don't have someone who can ward jungle (Teemo, Shaco, Maokai, Zyra) and my flash is down.

Basically I have to go roam or do our own jungle (provided we don't have a set jungler). This causes me to fall behind in xp and cs.

Does anyone else notice this?

tl;dr -- I'm not pushing very hard, often trying to maintain the lane where it's at by last hitting. However if my lane does get pushed I fall behind because I can't over extend. Yet the lane does not get pushed back very quickly at all.

Chesticles02 11-28-2012 10:14 PM

In my experience, there is much more of an emphasis in "keeping your lane" in 3's than in 5's due to the distance between towers and the jungle. If you're bringing a champ in that shines in the later game, keeping your lane just outside your turret at the beginning is what separates the good "late bloomers/carries" from the bad. Not saying that you are bad at all, eventually the lane will get pushed no matter how well you last hit if there is no opposition.

However, there's always that guy in solo queue who thinks you need help pushing your lane, AoE's everything, joinks all the farm and says "You're welcome" as your lane is pushed and he walks back into the jungle. Best laid plans of mice and men I suppose.

All in all, lane freezes aren't a problem, it's just the other team not letting you have your CS back until they milk all they can from it. What I've found that helps, don't be the first into the lane. Let the other guy get the first CS on it to start that slow snowball your way. Waiting just 4 or so CS can give you 20 back if you play your cards right.

urnotalegend 11-28-2012 10:28 PM

sometimes I just get into fights where I'll be 30 cs behind then I'll freeze and get ahead then He'll freeze and it'll keep switching

The best thing to do if you're pushing is gank the other lanes/steal their jungle/capture altars that way you're opponent will either be stuck csing at turret while his team needs help or forced to abandon his cs to help his team

XReyoX 11-29-2012 03:22 AM

It's still better to push then invade their jungle/gank. Don't worry about trying to freeze it too much.

Nasdrovia499 11-29-2012 03:45 AM

If you're solo top, you can always escape by the top side (Vilemaw). If you're solo bot, it's easier to freeze usually, and you should have some sort of defensive mechanism or escape. In both cases, there should be a 3rd member in the team able to help you. If you're in a duolane, then just push, you can always defend yourself in a 2v2 situation.

Redenbacher 11-29-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urnotalegend (Hozzászólás 31914818)
sometimes I just get into fights where I'll be 30 cs behind then I'll freeze and get ahead then He'll freeze and it'll keep switching

The best thing to do if you're pushing is gank the other lanes/steal their jungle/capture altars that way you're opponent will either be stuck csing at turret while his team needs help or forced to abandon his cs to help his team

Basically, this. The lanes are long and towers are distant - this is to encourage active play. Pushing past middle, as you have discovered, opens you up real wide for ganks. Instead of staying in lane, duck in to the jungle, scout the enemy jungle (as long as they are on the map), and look for opportunities to gank.

I appreciate the long lanes, because I can push and then leave the lane to do something useful, and easily be back in time to stop the wave from reaching the tower.

Be careful though, as a lack of pressure on your lane allows your enemy laner to go do something else and pressure the opposite lane. Keep that in mind.

SephĂŻroth 11-29-2012 09:04 AM

Never had a problem with this. Generally I push my lanes and gank other lanes or invade their jungle.

PurpleURP 11-29-2012 02:09 PM

It really is way to easy to freeze at towers, top lane especially. Moving the towers closer together would make a big difference.

Boo 11-29-2012 02:41 PM

just gank other lane, take camps, or try and catch their jungler

Crede777 11-29-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo (Hozzászólás 31931482)
just gank other lane, take camps, or try and catch their jungler

That is what I end up doing. However the jungle camps are... underwhelming. I guess I can try to put more pressure on their alter and bot.

I also just wanted to see if it was more common on this TT than in SR. I guess it is due to the reasons others have said.