League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AFK Random Champion Pick (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2845855)

TH3DISTURBED1 11-28-2012 01:46 PM

AFK Random Champion Pick

I feel like there are a lot of people who AFK during champion selection in Draft Mode and it unfairly requires ME to dodge. There should be some type of way for the game to remove the AFK random pick from the queue because they decide to not pick during their time. Please find a way to prevent this type of thing from happening.

bwbxo5 11-29-2012 11:17 AM

Bump

dArtagnan 11-29-2012 06:32 PM

Hey Guys!

Thank you for bringing your concern to the Help and Support Forum! Before any Summoner can enter Champion Selection, they must at first confirm that they are not AFK by selecting an accept or decline feature. All Summoner's who exist in Champion Selection have confirmed their availability to play the game.

While a Summoner may become AFK while already selecting Accept, they may also simply be waiting to the very end of the Champion Selection in order to pick the final or last champion, or possibly are having a difficult time deciding as to which champion to play. Not picking a champion to the very last second does not necessarily mean that the particular player is AFK.

I apologize for any confusion that may exist from your experiences in Champion Selection! I wish you the best of luck in all your future games!

Tiny Tebow 11-29-2012 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot dArtagnan (Hozzászólás 31938495)
Hey Guys!

Thank you for bringing your concern to the Help and Support Forum! Before any Summoner can enter Champion Selection, they must at first confirm that they are not AFK by selecting an accept or decline feature. All Summoner's who exist in Champion Selection have confirmed their availability to play the game.

While a Summoner may become AFK while already selecting Accept, they may also simply be waiting to the very end of the Champion Selection in order to pick the final or last champion, or possibly are having a difficult time deciding as to which champion to play. Not picking a champion to the very last second does not necessarily mean that the particular player is AFK.

I apologize for any confusion that may exist from your experiences in Champion Selection! I wish you the best of luck in all your future games!

EDIT: Yes this is related to the OP, but in a connection issue aspect that causes issues, rather than people "AFK'ing" because they want other people to dodge for them.

I've been having horrible connection issues for quite some time now. Today I've tried playing for the first time since last weekend, and I haven't been able to get into a game after trying about 4 times. We would get into champion selection on a non-ranked draft pick game. It seemed like everyone picked their champions without issue then, after the final lock-in, someone would leave the game. After the 4th time, I started having major issues during champion selection. I was waiting for the ban to finish up, but realized something odd... I somewhat figured out what was going on, but I do not know the root cause of the issue.

I believe I'm getting repeatedly disconnected from the server while using the client. I see the red message in the top left corner of my client screen that says I've disconnected from pvp.net. It comes and goes several times in a single minute, and it's a constant issue. During the last champion select, the final list of bans showed my team banned one champion and the other team banned 5 champions. I feel the reason is that when my team leader was banning I had been disconnected from pvp.net. Then when the other team banned their champion I got reconnected. Once it finally refreshed after their ban, it added two champions to their list. I was talking to a friend that was in my party and confirmed that the second champion in the list was indeed my teams first ban pick.

Once it finally became my turn to pick a champion to play, I clicked once on Ezreal. My friend said something about "Oh Ezreal, nice choice." but on my screen it didn't appear that I picked him yet... so I had to click again. After everything locked in and the last timer counted down, The game didn't start, and my friends said I had left the game.

I feel that what happened to me, is pretty much the same kind of thing that happened to the people in my previous games that also resulted in someone leaving at the last second.

After the game that I supposedly left, my friends and I were never able to get past the party screen/queue screen. They would receive the Accept/Decline, where I would not. As they were prompted to accept or decline, I would see it as they left my list of party members in the group chat. They would wait until the timer ran out and see a message saying I did not accept the game, where I would be sitting there waiting by myself in the queue.

I was having major issues previous to this, which I was finally able to resolve, but now it has all returned due to, what I feel, something changing in the last few days.

I would love to hear back from Red on this because I know it's happening to a lot of people. I have tried everything in the support forums from syncing my clock (which I actually had to set it manually) to doing scans with Firebind and ICSI Netalyzr. I want everyone, free-to-players and paying customers alike to get these issues resolved. I've never had connection issues like this with any game I have ever played. It really sucks because I JUST put $10 USD worth of RP on my account.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the messed up banning during my champion selection I mentioned above.

TH3DISTURBED1 11-29-2012 07:27 PM

But there should be a way for the game to auto boot if they in fact did AFK random a champion. They should have to click a champion in order to not get booted or at least hit the "random" icon to select a champion. This happens way too often and a lot of times in ranked queues causing me to dodge and wait 30+ minutes to queue again. Please fix this, happens way too often.

Want an auto boot system for an afk pick.

Maitre Bluefire 11-29-2012 07:28 PM

yeah, just because someone AFK after he clicks accept shouldn't cause someone ELSE to dodge for him, just for the sake of the team and waiting 5+ min

Tiny Tebow 11-30-2012 10:01 AM

Bump

xGary 11-30-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot dArtagnan (Hozzászólás 31938495)
Hey Guys!

Yea, I often go in ranked games to play a random champ while not saying anything in chat. Often times my teammates think I am afk and dodge, however, I still refuse to say anything in chat. That doesn't mean I am trolling though.

/sarcasm

Kalishir 11-30-2012 05:59 PM

@dArtagnan Whislt what you have said does ring mostly true do you not believe that there are situations where people are AFK during champion select and other players are being punished for this.

For example I have seen in more than one ranked game players accepting but then failing to pick champs, usually as 4th/5th pick. My guess is that they go afk thinking they have more time than they actually do before they have to select a champion to play.

defonzeagle 12-03-2012 03:01 PM

I believe what Tebow said could very well be a common problem and has happened to me on numerous occasions and during ranked. What has been done to look into this issue?