League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 20

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Clan & Team Recruitment (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The Older Gamer Alliance - TOGA (Looking for players 25+) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2845358)

Reforgiven 11-28-2012 10:50 AM

The Older Gamer Alliance - TOGA (Looking for players 25+)

Hello my fellow gamers,

For sometime it has bothered me on how hard it has seemed to meet with fellow players on LOL that I had something in common with and/or seemed to be at the same place I was at in life. I also thought that I couldn't be the only older gamer who felt this way. So instead of being passive and let it continue to bother me I decided to be pro-active and give it a shot and create The Older Gamer Alliance (TOGA) a community where other older gamers out there could join up and play together if they would like.

TOGA is a community for people that still enjoy playing video games, but are in a bit of an older age bracket than the ‘stereotypical’ gamer. TOGA is for gamers who (regretfully) can’t go out boozing every weekend, because we have partners, and are left at our console's playing games after a quiet dinner or putting the kids to bed. TOGA is for busy workers who need to de-stress from their busy jobs by beating up on a few players each night. TOGA is also for people who have retired and find themselves with plenty of time to indulge a hobby of online gaming.

TOGA is for gamers whose memories might go back to playing Pacman on an Atari 2600 and for gamers who had as much fun playing Duck Hunt on an NES as they do playing the latest games today. A lot of us who started their gaming addiction on those machines are still around going strong on all the latest games.

TOGA is for gamers who are passionate about their hobby, but who want to escape or separate themselves from the abusive, disruptive and disrespectful behavior, usually attributed to (but not always) younger players, that is so often encountered when gaming online.

TOGA is a community of relaxed players and although we play games competitively and are semi-serious about enjoying our gaming, skill level and ‘commitment to a game’ are not a requirement to play or be a part of TOGA. It is expected that members of TOGA are respectful of all other members (until you get to know them, then the ribbing can start!), regardless of their skill at a particular game.

It is simply a lot more enjoyable to play your favorite genre with people you have something in common with. Eventually these people become a new circle of online friends and playing with friends always makes the experience more enjoyable.

This is exactly what TOGA is about: a friendly, vibrant community full of gaming addicts from around the world, who are old enough to know how to enjoy ourselves properly!

If you feel like this would be something you would be interested in please feel free to post any questions you have in this thread or you can add me in game or you can join the chat channel (TOGA). Hopefully, all of us 'older' gamers out there could connect and have some fun.

Ps. Please don't troll my thread I'd like to try to give this a real shot. Thank you :)

Edit: Yes I understand 25+ isn't old and the average gaming age is 30, it just seems like in LOL however we 'older' players are the minority.

Edit 2: TOGA does have plans to create a 5's team. It seems from the responses that is what you guys would like to happen so I am very willing to create that for us.

Edit 3: I will be setting up a Skype or Mumble for TOGA to chat on.. If you would like the details for that please feel free to ask me.

Edit 4: TOGA does now have Mumble and Skype.

Teraxe 11-28-2012 10:54 AM

You need 25+ players? Are you making 5 teams or something?

Swap duck hunt for tecmo bowl and I think I am in.

Reforgiven 11-28-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teraxe (Hozzászólás 31894450)
You need 25+ players? Are you making 5 teams or something?

Swap duck hunt for tecmo bowl and I think I am in.

Lol the 25+ isn't referring to the amount of players its referring to age.. However, about your 5's question I haven't decided on that yet it is certainly a possibility.. Tecmo bowl was a good game too..

Lemon8or 11-28-2012 11:10 AM

I'm 24 but I'm more mature than most 27s. Add me ingame as I'm at work for another 3 hours.

Reforgiven 11-28-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon8or (Hozzászólás 31894830)
I'm 24 but I'm more mature than most 27s. Add me ingame as I'm at work for another 3 hours.

I will do.. It's nice to meet you :)

Mogs01gt 11-28-2012 12:04 PM

why not add me to. Im an old fart at 32. Got my first kid on the way.

Doctor Benway 11-28-2012 12:17 PM

Please add me to the list, I am super old, 40.

AeonOfDarkness 11-28-2012 12:19 PM

Sadly, I'm only 19 so I am not welcome here.
Goodbye.
It was a short visit.

SnowmanTechie 11-28-2012 12:35 PM

Feel free to add me in game. 26.

Reforgiven 11-28-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogs01gt (Hozzászólás 31896077)
why not add me to. Im an old fart at 32. Got my first kid on the way.

Hiya! Ooo a kid that's so awesome! Huge congrats and welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crag dweller (Hozzászólás 31896423)
Please add me to the list, I am super old, 40.

Lol na that isn't old.. Gamers are young at heart and that never ages you. Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeonOfDarkness (Hozzászólás 31896482)
Sadly, I'm only 19 so I am not welcome here.
Goodbye.
It was a short visit.

I'm sorry but ya but I kind of wanted TOGA to be age specific.. I hope you are not offended.. You can feel free to add me in game however I'm always up to play a game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowmanTechie (Hozzászólás 31896862)
Feel free to add me in game. 26.

I added you and welcome!