League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Soraka Mid? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2844609)

Julia Bieber 11-27-2012 11:03 PM

Soraka Mid?

I've been playing Soraka as a mage (core: athene's, rylai, abyssal) to a great deal of success.

Anyone have any thoughts on her? It seems like she is able to trade well due to her MR shred and sustain through W.

I guess I can add her to my non support roles I play, along with Nidalee, Jungle Kayle, and Shyvanna.

Dotayy 11-27-2012 11:32 PM

I have seen her work as mid champ. I wouldn't advise trying this in ranked. I also like hextech gunblade/will of the ancients along with rabadon.

ChaosForger 11-28-2012 12:00 AM

I suppose it's quite strong due to her easy csing by using Starcall and sustain from ult.

first time Vayne 11-28-2012 03:51 AM

Not Gunblade. She doesn't use the attack damage or lifesteal nearly enough to justify the cost. Also, the aura on Abyssal is likely too short for her to fully benefit from. I don't recommend that either...

But yes, WotA, Rylai's, Deathcap, Sorc Shoes, Void Staff, and a variable item is a standard ap carry Soraka build. I love trolling her in mid and killing everyone. XD

SephĂŻroth 11-28-2012 04:02 AM

The aura from abyssal is actually the range of starcall.

Soraka mid works well with the right team comp. She needs another AP Damage (Jungle, top, etc) on the team to work with her Starcall. In team fights, its quite easy to get people -60 MR during the fight, which can really make people hurt. Especially when you have an abyssal.

Soraka mid does work well in ranked, the problem is having a team comp to support it. If you have a Diana Jungle, Vladd top, Amumu is another great choice because his passive synergizes well.

She's still a "Support" for the most part mid, but she can seriously do some heals in the middle of a fight.

Most typical builds for Soraka mid:

Rod of Ages, Rylai's, Abyssal, Will of the Ancients, GA, Situational.

Typically you'll want to build more tanky than not because you want to live to apply your Q's to do a lot of damage over time. With your heals you're deceptively very tanky.

ChaoticDeath73 11-28-2012 02:53 PM

Sorc Shoes, Rabadon's Deathcap, Athene's Unholy Grail, Lich Bane, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Guardian Angel.

Play with Amumu jungle, and he can get the Abyssal Scepter

ChaoticDeath73 11-28-2012 02:58 PM

And the range of abyssal scepter is larger than starcall

Trazier 11-30-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia Bieber (Hozzászólás 31886116)
Anyone have any thoughts on her?

I ran it to gold two seasons in a row. Funny though, it was easier in S1 before dreamhack, even before her heal nerf+offensive buff. Then people saw her played as 0 gold support and thought everyone has to play that way or else the universe would implode.

Through all of S2, and now the preseason S3, every team trolls me when I tell them I like to play Soraka as something besides a wardbot/bushguard/healb!tch/mana battery.

Me: "Hi, I play soraka, but not as a 0 gold support, I play her as a mage/carry"
Team: "Oh, so you're a f-ggot?"

Me: "Hi, best at&prefer mid"
Team: "WTF??? SUPPORT MID? U DUMBFUK TROLL, I'M MID!" *locks in morgana, or teemo, or orianna*

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticDeath73 (Hozzászólás 31902430)
And the range of abyssal scepter is larger than starcall

Haha, not anymore. Buy the abyssal then mouse over it in your inventory. It's literally like the range of ignite.