League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Picking champions based on lore? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2843683)

orangeboy16 11-27-2012 05:02 PM

Picking champions based on lore?

Hey, i've been playing since august (played dota way back when), and though I don't have many champions right now, I love the roster I have due to lore reasons. I picked my champions based around a common theme, revenge/retribution, and of course the coolness factor was a part. I also made sure there were no conflicting interests on my team, more of a rag tag group brought together by a desire for revenge, yet were still either morally good or grey characters. So i was wondering if anyone else picked their team in a similar fashion?

(i started nasus as my first champ, so hes more of like the leader who doesn't actually perform in the games, kinda like that chick on all those asian pro teams who just coaches them)
riven top- wants redemption for her sins, also wants revenge for those who tarnished her pure noxian vision
Diana jungle- she wanted to help her people, yet they condemed her, so she seeks justice against the solari
Nautilus support- suprisingly effective in game btw with his cc, He seeks revenge against his crew for abandoning him.
graves adc- wants to get back at twisted fate
kassadin mid- though not clearly revenge, he seeks to take what the void did to him, and use it against the evil that the void would try to do, so in a way he is acting out of motivation to stop the void (he is the team leader on the field btw)

OneSixthIrish 12-03-2012 09:29 AM

I would never lore pick a team based on Riot's love of the retcon. I

Mr Wreckz 12-04-2012 08:12 AM

i too use naut as a support but i pick my champ from roles not from lore as i cant top or adc, but with that said i do like the lore of janna, leona, warwick, lee sin. <-- the junglers and supports i play

Koelio 12-06-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeboy16 (Hozzászólás 31876441)
Hey, i've been playing since august (played dota way back when), and though I don't have many champions right now, I love the roster I have due to lore reasons. I picked my champions based around a common theme, revenge/retribution, and of course the coolness factor was a part. I also made sure there were no conflicting interests on my team, more of a rag tag group brought together by a desire for revenge, yet were still either morally good or grey characters. So i was wondering if anyone else picked their team in a similar fashion?

(i started nasus as my first champ, so hes more of like the leader who doesn't actually perform in the games, kinda like that chick on all those asian pro teams who just coaches them)
riven top- wants redemption for her sins, also wants revenge for those who tarnished her pumre noxian vision
Diana jungle- she wanted to help her people, yet they condemed her, so she seeks justice against the solari
Nautilus support- suprisingly effective in game btw with his cc, He seeks revenge against his crew for abandoning him.
graves adc- wants to get back at twisted fate
kassadin mid- though not clearly revenge, he seeks to take what the void did to him, and use it against the evil that the void would try to do, so in a way he is acting out of motivation to stop the void (he is the team leader on the field btw)

My friends and I play as Team Frejlord for lore reasons. Pretty effective team too!

Jack Haruka 12-06-2012 02:41 PM

Picked up Teemo solely because of the Trist connection.

THEE ANSW3R 12-07-2012 11:13 PM

nice I like

Are 12-08-2012 06:29 PM

I tried out Talon due to his lore.

He is still my favorite champion, lore wise, but I just can't pull him off =/

aatari 11-25-2013 01:10 PM

this forum is really old, but I bought Janna and use her for support, jungle, top, bot, mid anything simply because i loved her lore. Janna is a really good champ either way!

Pentacle666 11-30-2013 12:35 PM

How would a Demacia vs Noxus team

Team Demacia vs Team Noxus
Garen top Talon or Darius Top

J4 or Fiora jungle Katarina Jungle

Lux mid Leblanc mid

Sona support They would have to hire a support

Quinn or Vayne ADC Draaaaaven AD carry

would fair against team noxus

Guildrum 11-30-2013 02:40 PM

always wanted to see a Vi support with a Caitlyn Carry, but I doubt it'll happen. *Sigh*