League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Generation Ahri; MOST HOT fanmade of korea (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2843321)

Club Pasha 11-27-2012 03:03 PM

Generation Ahri; MOST HOT fanmade of korea

8 Attachment(s)
Greetings, we are avid League of Legends aficionados from Korea, penname “PaSha” and “Goomrrat”. You might remember us for the thread on our Michal Jackson Birthday tribute theme, “Moonwalker Talon”, making a red post. Beyond that, we had a pleasure of developing custom skins including "Captain Pantheon" and "Hollow Visitor Lulu" to name a few.*

This time around, we are here to give North American LOL fans a chance to see our newest creation that became quite a sensation around where we come from, in matter of a couple of days.

The coming 12th of December marks the anniversary of LOL launch in Korea; in keeping with festivities, we came up with a Koreanized theme with a hint of K-pop flavor, fitting for a Korean champion that is Ahri: enter “Generation Ahri.”*

Generation Ahri is derived from Girls' Generation - one of the hottest K-pop idol groups in Korea now; our inspiration came from the idea that not only this would make it something Korean, but also that Ahri’s social dance sequence closely resembles Girls' Generation’s signature move.

The culmination of hard work really took off and went viral in the Korean LOL scene, instantly claiming top spots on the biggest fan community sites, becoming a hot keyword on major search portals, attracting a large following on SNS, and ultimately prompting a response from internet news outlets.
To quote some of the overwhelmingly positive reaction from the fans: “forget about 1800RPs, I would gladly pay 3000RPs for this,” “why isn’t this an official theme already,” and “you owe yourself to try this if you are a Korean player.” A quick search from a major search portal like naver.com or a community site in the likes of lol.inve.co.kr would readily reveal how big it has really gotten.

We were showered with astonishingly enthusiastic support, many of our followers encouraging us to give a shot at the Summoner Showcase, or better yet, submit a formal request to Riot Games for a much anticipated commercial release as a purchasable content.

Seeing how it only took just three days for the skin art to cement its place as one of the greatest ever from Korea, we resolved to make our own voices heard on the North American forums.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2830765

It appears some of our fellow Koreans have beaten us to it, turning in relentless stream of requests to give our fan art an official recognition, with their sentiments echoed by a few North American audiences.
Apparently, Generation Ahri has gained some traction within the LOL circles at Reddit as well:*http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...neration_ahri/

We are not alone in remembering your words during an interview at the PAX 2012 venue, on new sets of skins for Nautilus and Ziggs influenced by MaTTcom’s illustrations; that is, how much you value and intend to keep embracing gamer opinions when it comes to designing character skin arts.*

Many Korean players if not most, dare we say, are eagerly awaiting Generation Ahri to become available at the Riot Store, and the momentum hasn’t faded one bit since its inception three days ago.

Surging popularity of the League of Legends in Korea has already reached the level of Starcraft in its heyday. This is evidenced by, for instance, the unusually high marks the game has earned in the government-hosted Korea Game Awards 2012 event, or the fact it is enjoying an unmatched presence in the E-sports scene. The Korean gaming community is very impressed by the user-friendly nature of Riot Games, something that they feel has been sorely and embarrassingly missing from the local game studios.

In the light of above circumstances, we are asking you, the great folks at Riot Games, to kindly allow us to flourish into a “new generation”.

Just to be clear, the authors of Generation Ahri are not seeking monetary compensation in any shape or form; rather, our sole motivation in all this effort is the love and passion for the game at its purest. There is absolutely no need to ask us for any permission in implementing commercialization of our work, should you decide to make it happen.
Thank you for your patience with this long-winded post.
On behalf of myriads of Korean summoners, PaSha and Goomrrat.

Included in this writing are some of the artworks created by us: Generation Ahri, Moonwalker Talon, Captain Pantheon and Hollow visitor Lulu.

Minzzway 11-27-2012 03:58 PM

Generation Ahri is indeed an amazing skin, and the creators are to be congratulated/praised. SNSD is a great band.

I can only hope that one day NA players would be able use this skin as well.

Regards from Canada!

SoresuMakashi 11-27-2012 05:40 PM

Not really into K-Pop (I basically see it as more of a sailor skin), but I can tell that a lot of work went into this skin and this post, so upvoted and bumped for sure.

The rest of the skins are awesome as well! (Is that Iron Man Xerath in the background? That needs to be a thing.)

Edit: You might want to try putting this into General Discussion btw, it's more likely to get traction and views there.

aleecasan 11-27-2012 08:45 PM

Moonwalker Talon looks like it'd suit Twisted Fate more. I would sooo buy that Ahri skin.

Pharaoh316 11-28-2012 10:47 AM

So can you install these skins as custom skins right now? Or is that not allowed yet?

imurpops984 11-28-2012 11:17 AM

these are amazing! I don't own any skins but I would def buy these (I'm looking to go skin crazy for christmas xD)

Lattice Enthalpy 12-31-2012 12:32 PM

bumpity

Kidposeidon 01-01-2013 07:27 PM

wow those are insane. i really liked the captain America one

LovelessAngels 01-02-2013 07:07 AM

I love all these skins and i would cry if we could get em :D

handbanana7 01-02-2013 09:56 AM

ahri and talon skins are so sick!!!!