League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "You belong at your elo" ...wat? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2842350)

BustInAButt 11-27-2012 07:19 AM

"You belong at your elo" ...wat?

I know people come on the forums complaining about their elo and how they deserve to be a higher elo but I think my situation is different ._.

The reason I think elo is so broken is because even though, yes I did lose 6 out of 10 of my placement matches, I lost because of sorry teams... seriously... My favorite excuse of one of my teammates for dcing was "my grandma's mouse doesn't work!" and then "Hold on my grandma is dying in the living room!" this kid even tried to blame his initial disconnect on his grandma for "putting the cat in the microwave so [his] power went out." It seems like I am losing so many matches for this reason alone. I will admit to being bested by superior teams or a superior opponent in lane(rarely) but Most of my loses are from teammates not listening to me or one other person on the team who knows what he is doing. Now even though I have had to carry myself from like 685 elo(season 2) I feel like I am not high enough. This season I was placed at like 850 after my placement matches. I was disappointed, needless to say but I didn't give up. I kept playing my best and trying to carry my teams however sometimes no matter how hard i tried i couldnt carry my teams.

HERE IS WHAT I AM GETTING AT: TL;DR
Every ranked game I get in even if I am last pick I check my teammates records on lolking and whatnot and without fail every time I have had a better record and kda than them even the first pick. The people at this elo are usually 13-17 with like 3.5/7.6/5.4 KDA

That said I will post my KDA, ELO and Win Loss Record. My scores are not PRO but not deserving of this place called elo hell

ELO: 1093 - have been climbing nonestop since 850 in my placements
KDA: 5.4/4.1/9.7
Wins- 32 Loss- 23

My last game i was last pick (lowest elo)
Our first pick (highest elo) was
ELO: 1212
KDA: 4.2/7/10.2
Wins- 17 Loss- 18

I obviously did not belong at 850 elo and i obviously do not belong 1093 because Im still climbing. The problem? I'm moving so slow. If i have any suggestion it would be to make elo so that consecutive wins give you an increasing amount of elo. KDA could be more incoporated elo also if it isn't already so first picks don't end up getting carried or first picks dont end up banning master yi, warwick and renekton and procede to feed 0/9 as instalock xerath first pick mid.

Gonna end this because it sounds like im complaining now... Just think about this system.

OriginalJack 11-27-2012 07:44 AM

I feel like I've seen this thread before somewhere...

Dre4mwalk3r 11-27-2012 07:54 AM

Sure, this game is all about KDA.

Krazy Kumquat 11-27-2012 08:04 AM

Yea last season I always felt like I was too good for Elo hell aswell, my total calculated average calculated kdr across all champions was 4.3:1. I was at like 700 and I blamed feeders for all my losses, then I stopped complaining and started playing better winning my lane every single time with snowball champs like riven, irelia, jax, jayce, and fiora, and that's when I started climbing elo hell, I ended at about 1150 elo. This season followedng those same guidelines I so far only have 3 losses and 12 wins, all losses are from afkers. 1478 elo at the moment, and the thing is we do belong at our elo. There are odd games with multiple afkers that you can't win, but when my skill increased, so did my elo. When my map awareness and teamwork got better, so did my elo. I carry literally every game now and am 1 game away from gold BEACUSE I got better. If you are in elo hell then you belong there.

turrdfergason 11-27-2012 08:10 AM

If you make consecutive wins gain more ELO, then shouldnt consecutive losses lose more?

There are many reasons you can be at a certain ELO, ELO is based on an average, so the more games you play the closer you will get to your true ELO, you know why your climbing so slow? its because you are getting closer to your true ELO. Pretty soon you will notice you dont gain ELO at all anymore. That means you need to get better if you want to keep gaining

BustInAButt 11-27-2012 08:44 AM

Here is my point... i played ranked games right off the bat at level 30 .. stupid i know but i was anxious at the time. My elo was really bad but if someone has made a complete 180 in their performance is that not worth noting? I understand EVERYONE SAYS THEY DON'T BELONG IN ELO HELL but take it from someone who is in elo hell and observes his opponents... they face check, they branch off late game, they bd when its 9-12 and we're down by 3 turrets, they build frozen hammers, ionic sparks and atmas on mordekaiser. They say gg after giving first blood, they jump into 2v4s and blame you for not being there. Its not that I'm just some KDA *****, i KNOW what to do and i dont make these stupid errors but when everyone on your team does what are you to do?

Thorston13 11-27-2012 10:27 AM

KDA is not so important because if you're more of a support player you will always be left behind.
It's all about learning the proper way to play , i usually would take top and carry, i've been on the 1000-1150 elo bracket up and down, the problem is that the last games i've had 3 feeders and a troll as a team, in one team i made it work with caitlyn using them as Meat shields, but having that kind of team a few games in a row really crushes you even if you try to carry.
My last game i was Jayce i took down teemo, got him underleveled, underfarmed, really left behind, i ganked mid each time i could, i countered their jungler and kill him whenever i could, but at some point i had to take my tower so the scores would be about even, but, here is the funny part they had a varus 6/0/something before 25 mins, bot tried several times to do a 4vs2 Dragon fight even thought they knew i couldn't get it time, mid was buying and jungler was on his way, from there their mid got fed, snowball hard and teemo just became insanely fed too.
People say you "Belong at your elo", but sometimes you have to get teams like this of course, the problem is why do i get this teams one after the other whenever i win 3 or 4 games in a row.
And yes i do dodge games, but having to decide on the elo loss on a game or the wait time to play really holds me back.
I've had dodge 5 games in the last two days due to a guy name "PRONOOBKILLER" or the such say he can counter a Darius, Jayce, Irelia or Lee with teemo, a Mid that says he's "Pro" with a character and all his games he just feeds or that ADC that called ADC and instalocked, yet has no idea how to even last hit properly or even build.
I know how to play every role about alright, but it just beats me why even if i do a great job on x role two of the others will not even do a decent.

I have to add that i've had those superior teams just destoy me in a fair game, but what about all the other teams i've had that just have no idea how to play the role they scream for.

One last thing,a funny one...i had a team with double ADC bot, Double AP (Top and Mid) saying "Meta is **** at this ELO, **** off" i just went in that game because i would had to wait around 40 mins to play, but, is there someone that can carry teams like this?

Krazy Kumquat 11-27-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BustInAButt (Hozzászólás 31862182)
Here is my point... i played ranked games right off the bat at level 30 .. stupid i know but i was anxious at the time. My elo was really bad but if someone has made a complete 180 in their performance is that not worth noting? I understand EVERYONE SAYS THEY DON'T BELONG IN ELO HELL but take it from someone who is in elo hell and observes his opponents... they face check, they branch off late game, they bd when its 9-12 and we're down by 3 turrets, they build frozen hammers, ionic sparks and atmas on mordekaiser. They say gg after giving first blood, they jump into 2v4s and blame you for not being there. Its not that I'm just some KDA *****, i KNOW what to do and i dont make these stupid errors but when everyone on your team does what are you to do?

. Part of going through elo hell is becoming self dependent. You expect your team to suck and you adjust to that. Avoid ap champs, you need ad to push towers for your ignorant team, and tankiness allows you to 1v3 more easily. Play assassins who snowball hard. When you ward everywhere on fiora or pantheon and get fed (assuming you're good enough to farm the minions and champion(s) in your lane), you can pick their noob players off when they stray away from the team, Turning teamfights in your favor 5v4 or 5v3. Be nice and try to lead your team. They won't listen to a whining rager who is 5/5, but they will listen to a competent, cool-headed guy who is 5/0 or 5/1.

Lazy8s 11-27-2012 12:35 PM

This is why you're stuck in "ELO Hell": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc

Amatzikahni 11-27-2012 02:12 PM

Play 200+ games and come back to this thread. Ten games is hardly enough to be called a sample size; you can easily win or lose ten games in a row. I started off 4-4 but now I'm 13-8 because the first few games had some trolls that I couldn't carry; I probably could have if I was better. I'm almost back to my S2 rating, and more than 99.9% of the LoL population will be near their S2 ratings after 200+ games in S3 with the exceptions being those who have vastly improved or decreased in skill.