League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Fan Fiction (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   [CHALLENGE] Write a particular Lux/Leona fanfic (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2841818)

Youso1337 11-26-2012 11:20 PM

[CHALLENGE] Write a particular Lux/Leona fanfic

I originally posted this idea on another topic, and Kazmahu said he was gonna try it, but there's been no word from him. He said he had hard drive troubles as well. :(

So I'm wanting to put the idea forward to any writers who are up for it.

Here would be a general gist of the plot:
Quote:

Lux's parents are attempting to get her into an arranged marriage, but not only is she not ready to be married, she absolutely HATES the groom (and for good reason). The Crownguards, however, want her to marry for political reasons; Lux interprets this as her parents "selling her off" again, like how they gave her to the Demacian military. Lux flees to the Institute of War, but is confronted by Garen, who supports his parents' plan. Before Garen can apprehend her, Leona steps forward and, as a friend to Lux, gives Lux sanctuary in Rakkor.

Lux has some trouble adapting to life in Rakkor, which differs so much from Demacia, though Leona tries her best to make Lux comfortable. During her stay, Leona also learns of Lux's history, and of how the girl was conscripted at a young age.

Matters get worse when Lux's groom comes looking for her, and ends up having his life threatened by Pantheon. The groom's family has the issue taken up with the Institute of War, forcing the whole thing to be settled by a League match. If Lux loses, she will have no choice but to get married!

Now Leona must fight for Lux's freedom, but Lux isn't about to let her fight her own battle alone...
What can I say? I like Lux/Leona as a "little sis, big sis" pairing. :)

Anyone wanna try this? You can pick your teams however you choose, but Garen has to be on the Demacian team at least, versus Leona and Lux.

Cerubois 11-27-2012 07:00 AM

This sounds pretty cool...

I would probably end up making it a romantic pairing, I think... Hehe...

If I didn't have 2+ projects going on in my head already, I'd consider it, but alas... I'm busy. >.<

Youso1337 11-27-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerubois (Hozzászólás 31860351)
This sounds pretty cool...

I would probably end up making it a romantic pairing, I think... Hehe...

If I didn't have 2+ projects going on in my head already, I'd consider it, but alas... I'm busy. >.<

Fair enough. Keep going with your projects, they're good stuff.

...even though they take the spotlight away from my Leona fanfic... :(

Swend5 11-27-2012 10:15 PM

I actually tried, but I have several issues with the premise. In my opinion, Lux wouldn't do anything like that (even considering her past; if you read her judgement, she actually grows to love it), and even if she did, it probably wouldn't lead to her arrest. :\

Youso1337 11-27-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swend (Hozzászólás 31885139)
I actually tried, but I have several issues with the premise. In my opinion, Lux wouldn't do anything like that (even considering her past; if you read her judgement, she actually grows to love it), and even if she did, it probably wouldn't lead to her arrest. :\

Grows to love it how? She only does because she has "nothing else". And IMO, I don't think Lux would want another young 13-year-old girl to have to go through the same thing she did.

Plus when you consider Demacia's near-Draconian law system, I don't think they'd be lenient with her.

However, if you need to make a change with the reason as to why Lux is in trouble with her home country, you certainly can do that.

Swend5 11-27-2012 11:22 PM

"The comfort of re-reading The Measured Tread cover to cover countless times. The indoctrination of the new incoming class, led by Lux herself. The pride swelling in her heart as she marched forth under Demacia’s shining banner. The accolades in praise of her exemplary work. The absolute love for her country." And remember, it was not the demacian military that forced her to join, but her own parents.
But of course I understand that this is not the main point of the story, it should be possible to think of something else (:

Yousonerfed 11-28-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swend (Hozzászólás 31886467)
"The comfort of re-reading The Measured Tread cover to cover countless times. The indoctrination of the new incoming class, led by Lux herself. The pride swelling in her heart as she marched forth under Demacia’s shining banner. The accolades in praise of her exemplary work. The absolute love for her country." And remember, it was not the demacian military that forced her to join, but her own parents.
But of course I understand that this is not the main point of the story, it should be possible to think of something else (:

Ahso, I'd forgotten that.

But as you said, that detail's besides the point. The point is that Lux somehow gets in trouble with the Demacian lawbringers for doing some noble (albeit illegal) act, and Leona finds that appalling, prompting her to defend Lux in her time of need.

Magister Gir 11-28-2012 05:29 PM

only thing it probably wouldn't be with the Rakkor but rather the Solari's, kinda silly to stay at the Rakkor's when Leona broke tradition and was about to be put to death.

Yousonerfed 11-28-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magister Gir (Hozzászólás 31907037)
only thing it probably wouldn't be with the Rakkor but rather the Solari's, kinda silly to stay at the Rakkor's when Leona broke tradition and was about to be put to death.

Either/or, whatever floats your boat.

Youso1337 12-01-2012 10:34 AM

Bump.