League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   No one cares about honoring anymore (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2838431)

Janin 11-25-2012 09:09 PM

No one cares about honoring anymore

Sometimes you have a great game and you expect people to honor you. But people don't, I,think if there was a reminder for honoring in game our after hadn't people would get the ribbons they deserve. I'm not saying it should be easier to get ribbens. I just wish people would still care about honoring. Everyone use to do it when it first came out.

ChaosForger 11-25-2012 09:20 PM

People still do... If you really played exceptionally well or were very polite, people will remember to honour. I normally get at least one honour per match.

first time Vayne 11-25-2012 10:15 PM

It's not that people don't care about honoring anymore. It's that honoring is no longer a novelty, and therefore people are more selective about when and who they honor. People are no longer giving honors because giving honors is cool -- they're giving honors because someone has impressed them with an attitude great enough to make them want to.

Be that person.

Healz Please 11-25-2012 10:44 PM

I get honored nearly everytime I do great as support. I never have a negative attitude, but I find when I do my job well as a support, that's when people honor me.

Janin 11-26-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anAmishLady (Hozzászólás 31818909)
It's not that people don't care about honoring anymore. It's that honoring is no longer a novelty, and therefore people are more selective about when and who they honor. People are no longer giving honors because giving honors is cool -- they're giving honors because someone has impressed them with an attitude great enough to make them want to.

Be that person.

You're right

Jonheath291 11-26-2012 04:17 AM

I give out honors if they deserve it. Although this week I've been honoring teams that have played without Trashmo.

Tanathalis 11-26-2012 06:34 AM

If you say something like honor me at the end of the game, and actually expect honor, that kinda defeats the purpose. Just gonna leave that there.

AdunRebel 11-26-2012 07:22 AM

Did you not get honor or something? :(

There are some games where I get honor for no reason, because the opposite team won easily and spent a lot of time looking at the scores and decided to give honor in the middle of their happiness.

OriginalJack 11-26-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anAmishLady (Hozzászólás 31818909)

Be that person.

Well said.
+1 honor.

first time Vayne 11-26-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanathalis (Hozzászólás 31825559)
If you say something like honor me at the end of the game, and actually expect honor, that kinda defeats the purpose. Just gonna leave that there.

Absolutely. I report people who ask for honors... I don't know if anything will ever come of the reports, but I do know that if honors become traded like that, they will lose their worth in the eyes of the players. The entire honor system would be worthless, and the good that it could and is doing for the community would be defeated.