League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shaco - a few questions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2836330)

Katalyste 11-25-2012 04:13 AM

Shaco - a few questions

These questions are directed at experienced ranked players on the viability of Shaco in higher elo ranked play. I barely see Shaco in ranked play, and when I play him myself he really does seem to fall off late game and even average players in blind pick usually wont have too much trouble with me come late game. Yes I am no great Shaco so it could be my own fault.

My questions are:

What enemy team compositions are better suited for a Shaco in your team?

Do you think Shaco needs a buff in ANY way, for example being able to take a little more damage?

What are your experiences with Shaco in mid - high elo range, playing with or against him?

Thank you very much!

Katalyste 11-25-2012 06:58 AM

bump

Restrikt 11-25-2012 07:59 AM

Shaco best at Jungle...

Katalyste 11-25-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restrikt (Hozzászólás 31797674)
Shaco best at Jungle...

Of course! :)

Bravest Leader 11-25-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katalyste (Hozzászólás 31794690)
These questions are directed at experienced ranked players on the viability of Shaco in higher elo ranked play. I barely see Shaco in ranked play, and when I play him myself he really does seem to fall off late game and even average players in blind pick usually wont have too much trouble with me come late game. Yes I am no great Shaco so it could be my own fault.

My questions are:

What enemy team compositions are better suited for a Shaco in your team?

Do you think Shaco needs a buff in ANY way, for example being able to take a little more damage?

What are your experiences with Shaco in mid - high elo range, playing with or against him?

Thank you very much!

if there is only one or two champs with hard cc, shaco is good to go.

shaco does not need any buffs.

Shaco is a stomper if you can play him in almost any elo range, the thing is almost no one can play shaco.

MuhGeeSher 11-25-2012 11:26 AM

Shaco is kinda hard to play imo. I played him often ( I'm no pro or anything).. You definitely need a team that has your back. I personally like Malphite or Leona on the team, someone like Sona or Soraka is major help. ADC's like Graves and Corki help a ton when engaging. Yorick top would be really lovely or Jarvan. I like working with teams who have a crazy engage so the enemy team scatters or runs back ( major plus for Shaco's passive if they run. ). If I see mostly squishy on enemy team I pick Shaco.. like Veigar mid, Soraka/Sona bot.. Those extremely slow champs and level 1-3 gank = FB.

Honestly, if you fail at jungle or you go like 0/3/2 you're pretty useless.. Make those early ganks and secure kills if you want to be a game-changer.

Also, he's extremely good at backdooring. Talk with your team, ward, know when to go in

Stomper 11-25-2012 11:49 AM

I'm not the most experienced player in general, but I am a pretty experienced jungler- I lane maybe one in twenty games (call me narrow-minded, but it's what I do).

One of the things I'd really like to get across is this: With Shaco, you really want to try not to take kills. I mean that. Keep in mind your late game is pretty bad because you're a melee assassin, and you're squishy. You aren't exactly a support jungler, but you should always be thinking about who needs kills more.

As MuhGeeSher said, he's amazing at backdooring because you simply can't catch him. Do let your team know, though.

And COUNTERJUNGLE. The enemy jungler's life during the laning phase should be an utter nightmare.

Tëär 11-25-2012 03:23 PM

Well. Shaco is good right now.
High elo i know of only one person that jungles good with him consitantly and thats youngmini. He makes it work at high elo so it is indeed possible. The problem, as posters above me have stated is that he is really hard to master.

AskKarthus 11-25-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tëär (Hozzászólás 31808832)
Well. Shaco is good right now.
High elo i know of only one person that jungles good with him consitantly and thats youngmini. He makes it work at high elo so it is indeed possible. The problem, as posters above me have stated is that he is really hard to master.

He's like the old Eve, I guess I have to play him more now...

Katalyste 11-26-2012 02:48 AM

Thanks everyone! I also recently found an awesome Shaco player if anyone is interested -

http://www.twitch.tv/youngmini/b/333328086

I'm not sure how often he streams though, and also:

http://www.twitch.tv/PhyISP

I also remember spectating a game with Rainbow Thugs jungling Shaco, but he didn't want to be friends and doesn't stream ;-;

If you are a mid - high level Shaco player do you mind at all if I add you to spectate some of your games?