League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Elo Solution (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2834786)

Dotayy 11-24-2012 03:29 PM

Elo Solution

Well not exactly a solution but hear me out.

What if Everyone was granted 3 re-Placement chances a season?
If 3 is too much how about 2? or even 1?

When you use it, you get to have 10 placement games again. (you keep the previous Win loss ratio)

I lost 5 straight games and maybe 1 was my fault. Last game for example I had an ADC who fed enemy adc and we couldnt do anything after 5 minutes in the game.

Yes I am aware that "noobs" will end up using that as well and even in new placements similar things might happen. It is ridiculous how much 1 stupid teammate can affect the game.

The game before that we had Olaf top who was less than 25% health and he was being pushed by more than 75% health top and 100% health jungler. So I leave mid to go help him since our jungler is jungling and not going top. This causes their mid to come top after a while and kill this olaf. Who isnt running while i kill their jungler. Ends up we both get killed and I kill their jungler. He says "Report our mid because of him im behind now"

I am borederlined at 1000 elo right now. I had silver this season and I am barely bronze now. This has got to stop. I think riot should provide atleast 1 grace placement chance.

xRAWKAx 11-24-2012 08:27 PM

I actually think this would make problems worse. About half of the truly bad players are going to make their way back up into the already murky 1250 range, thus further adding noise to the placement games of those who are starting ranked mode, and really good players will be able to abuse this system to boost their Elo unfairly.

It's a bummer you lost so much, but I think if you're truly a silver player you'll be able to make your way up the ladder again before the end of S3.

Dotayy 11-25-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRAWKAx (Hozzászólás 31787057)
I actually think this would make problems worse. About half of the truly bad players are going to make their way back up into the already murky 1250 range, thus further adding noise to the placement games of those who are starting ranked mode, and really good players will be able to abuse this system to boost their Elo unfairly.

It's a bummer you lost so much, but I think if you're truly a silver player you'll be able to make your way up the ladder again before the end of S3.

Hopefully. But i keep getting stuck with ADC who want 2 exhaust bot...and what not =\

foxfire100 11-26-2012 09:06 AM

I actually would prefer the ability to pay for an ELO reset, or even pay with IP. You can already pay to change your summoner name or transfer to Brazil, why not pay to reset your ELO to 1200 and reset your match history?

It's not like you're have a ton of pros trolling the low-ELO games, because pros wouldn't want to spend money to lose their awesome rank. On the other hand, Riot would make a killing for people who are sick of 700 ELO and want another chance.

It could be like 6300 IP or 500 RP

WinterPortal 11-26-2012 11:26 AM

That's a great idea actually, maybe charge people 10 dollars worth of riot points to reset their elo to 1200 including wins and losses.

But it can only be done once a month or something to prevent abuse.