League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Slight changes to poppy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2833554)

omochicken 11-24-2012 07:28 AM

Slight changes to poppy

I feel that poppy has the potential to be a hyper carry or someone who is very strong. Her early game/laning phase is quite poor and she requires her items to be considered helpful for the team. Much similar to gangplank's q, i believe if one of poppy's ability offered bonus gold per cs (Ashe's hawkshot passive, gangplanks parley gold bonus) As her laning phase is quite poor, i think it would greatly benefit her as a champ and as an overall pick aswell.
People be sleeping on poppy
Wanna scrap?

Best Zod NA 11-24-2012 07:36 AM

Lower mana costs, job done, Poppy fixed.

Torphant 11-29-2012 05:32 PM

ur off if u think lower mana cost for poppy is all she needs play her more and u will see

Best Zod NA 11-29-2012 07:00 PM

I've played a lot of Poppy, and the only thing she needs is lower mana costs. If her Q was cheaper, she could outtrade everything.

sonofzeal 11-29-2012 07:20 PM

Agreed. Poppy has one of the worst mana pools in the game (only Vayne is worse), and truly ridiculous base mana costs - considerably higher than any comparable champion I've found. Her mana situation is completely inexcusable, purely from a numeric standpoint, and makes her seriously frustrating to play in SR. Fix that and her early game will be better (not excellent but better), and she'll scale better as the game goes on and be a more viable pick overall.

Best Zod NA 11-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

considerably higher than any comparable champion I've found.
Poppy's base mana pool is 185 (+30) with 6.4 (+0.45) Kha'zix has 260 (+40) and 6.75 (+0.5) regeneration. Kha's single-target Q nuke costs 25 mana. Poppy's single-target Q nuke costs 55 mana.

Poppy's mana costs, mana pool, and regeneration are simply outdated. Bring her in line with current champions and she'll be viable.

Jaxller 11-29-2012 09:25 PM

let her be able to farm with Q, then she'll be better

Bus Driver 11-29-2012 09:28 PM

spamhappy.... your argument is invalid

sonofzeal 11-29-2012 09:42 PM

The existence of a since player who, through intense dedication to gaining total mastery of a single champion, manages to eke out a fairly high ELO, does not negate basic math.

Poppy's mana pool is terrible. Go ahead, compare the numbers with just about any other mana-based champ in the game. And her mana costs are ridiculous. I defy you to find a comparable champion whose base (1 rank) mana costs average as high. Nearly every single champion who's even remotely similar has better base mana, better mana scaling, better base mana regen, better mana regen scaling... AND lower average costs. Are you beginning to see the issue here?

Spamhappy does not negate any of that. All he proves is that total mastery of a single champion can get you pretty far. The question is, how well would Spamhappy be doing if he took that same dedication and those same skills and applied them to, say, Rumble or Darius or Olaf?

Beija 11-30-2012 01:53 AM

So lower cost on spells will help her farm top lane that is currently being dominated by Jayce and friends?