League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 19

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Solutions to trolls in Ranked Champ Select (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2833452)

Nekrocow 11-24-2012 05:00 AM

Solutions to trolls in Ranked Champ Select
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hello:

I was just trying to play a Ranked Solo Q game. I was first pick, I call top (everyone remained silent), get a top champ and lock, the guy below picks a top too and locks... it's ok, I can deal with a troll on my lane. But then we have this guy picking Garen, with Revive and Smite, and says he wasn't going to jungle...

Now I have to wait 29 minutes due to others trolling and going unpunished. How much more are we gonna have to put up with this?

What we need is a kick-vote option to remove trolls from games that also reports them to the tribunal. This will prevent spoiled kids who do not want to follow the summoner's code from ruining other players games, and will also prevent people from kicking for no reason (not wanting a certain champ on the team just because; explanation on the summary)

I know there are other threads on this topic already, but what we need is a red answer on it. If you are tired of being punished for others being bad teammates, if you want a solution now, if you support this thread, please upvote and post your point of view. If we get enough traffic in this thread we may be able to draw some attention on this matter.

I will insist on this every day until we get this or some other solution.

Thank you.


* Summarizing:
- Ignore the Poll percentages, the total % is 104,8% ¬¬
- It would only affect Ranked solo/duo queue games.
- You would need 4 positive votes (3 if the suspected troll is duoing, you wouldn't be able to vote if you are the other duo player) in order to kick someone out of the team. This would ensure the team agrees the suspected troll should be kicked, and would help prevent "I-don't-like-your-non-meta-pick" votes.
- You will have a limit of votekicks (you wouldn't be able to spam votekick every single game). How many votekicks? Pending to resolve.
- A report option would be available for everyone; if you are trollvotekicking (lol?), you could get reported and the Tribunal will surely drop the hammer on you. Tribunal results have made clear report-abusing does not get far, so reporting on champ select would not mean unfair reports ending up as bans.
- Also: If you vote to kick someone, you automatically report him too and have to explain why you are kicking and reporting him. This will help deal with pointless kicking.
- If one person brings up a kick vote during champ select, character select would be paused until the votekick is resolved.
(from the "vote to kick..." thread):
- Report Categories:
Refusing to cooperate with team --- (not answering questions, refusing to help build the team composition)
Offensive attitude --- (threatening over a role -"mid or feed/afk"-, insulting, pointless cursing, etc)

I'll keep adding posters good ideas/comments here.

* Here are some interesting constructive comments; some are already included in the summary above:
(BEWARE: Wall of text inc.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullettime7
Allow a vote kick option just in Ranked Solo/Duo queue that requires 4 votes against if all solo, or 3 votes if there's a duo. That way premades can't abuse it in reg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotDevan
vote-kick would be a nice feature for obvious trolls, although I expect it would be abused against anyone who picks a champion that isn't rigidly engrained in the meta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwarme
Personally, I like the idea of a vote-kick and auto report system in champion select, but not because of troll picks. "toplane" champions can also pull of strategies like double-bruiser bot lane and other things of that nature. However, it would solve the problem of people who are rude or obviously attempting to be unco-operative in que. I main support so i rarely have a problem, but you wouldn't believe the people who fight over every other role.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peak
Kick vote? Sounds okay. Can it be abused? Yes.
Solution? How about only implementing a queue timer as a penalty if they've been kicked from 2 or 3 games in the past 30 minutes or an hour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peak
Good point with [implementing it on] ranked, but I'd like to see it implemented everywhere. :P
As for the Tribunal - eh, I don't always trust the voting of people. It would depend on the implementation of pre-game logs, champion picked, summoner spells picked, etc. If that was done well, then sure, problem solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esteno
you need to pick what the team needs, not what you want, Read the Summoner's code:
'Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled'

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPozzy
Having a limited amount of vote kicks per games played would prevent abuse to a reasonable level. It is very frustrating getting a troll pick in game and this would completely solve the issue.
(...) While it may not be prevalent in higher ELOs, it happens far too often in the lower ELOs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deliturboto
Easily abused system for a vote kick. But then again, when was Riot's implementations never been abused. The hell with it. Add that in.
That being said, my insight to the problem of this system would be: Abused in the sense that even though the "Player" is not a troll, they may feel a sense that he/she will lose the game for the team because maybe he's just not that great?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sena
I like kickvoting. I'm sure everyone has lost a good number of games due to these trolls in ranked and they can't be punished by the current system.
It is very unfair. If you want to pick a troll hero and damage the team, go do it in custom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyCake (Platinum)
the important thing is that we see pick order, so we know who the real troll is also elo of every player so we can see if its a clear duo queue or not

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vozan (Platinum)
Kick vote would be abused, a lot. Reporting should be an option, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drextrado
a lot of multi-player games have a vote-kick system, why shouldn't league. We always hear how much the player base is growing and with that obviously comes toxicity, forcing the majority of good players to deal with that and possibly having to eat a 30 min dodge timer is just wrong. Add a vote kick system and problem solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by P1LLOWHUMP3R (Hozzászólás 34315782)
It can be abused if people pick unusual picks like the the rengar/yorick bot. Yeah id vote to kick that. Who wouldn't?
But people that abuse have to type out a report and and pregame chat logs would be submitted.
Have these reports go to the tribunal and be part of the process. The trolls will be weeded out just like a lot of toxic ragers. Sure there some innocents but very few. Remember it takes a lot of reports to make it to the tribunal.
Vote kick in champ select is necessary and no reason for riot to not implement this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFKilla (Hozzászólás 34317707)
(...) while vote kick could get annoying with people banning anything they perceive as non-meta, if all 4 vote against you, they probably would've been horrible to you in-game too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranshinibon (Hozzászólás 34928870)
(...) if one person brings up a kick vote during champ select, character select should be paused, and others should be able to join in and vote the person off (like a surrender) and majority wins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Řathbreaker (Hozzászólás 34263171)
May seem like you always get a troll on your team, but in reality it's only (...) 4 possible players that could be trolls, but all 5 being possible trolls on the other team).

Yes, but it doesn't matter who gets the troll: Both teams need a tool to punish trolls. Playing a game were you need not learn absolutely nothing because it takes no effort, no improvement, it's a waste of time. And time is life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainB85 (Hozzászólás 33111990)
I would remove the "Doubling up on Picks" option as this is very specific, and meta-enforcing which Riot tends to shy away from. It could also easily be lumped into "Refusing to Communicate with Team".
Also, the only area I see this system being problematic is the high end of the elo spectrum where players constantly play against the same small pool of players.
I still think this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...231866&page=32 -- offers a more elegant solution to trolling in general during champion select than a kick vote option.

Here's another similar thread, but more specific on votekick: Vote to Kick: The Definitive Solution.
There's also a VERY interesting thread on another deeper long-term solution to trolls: Matchmaking suggestions V2.0
Another thread regarding a vote-kick option: Suggestion: Vote to kick in Champion select (ranked solo Q only)


Sorry if my english sucks, I'm not a native speaker xP

And remember:
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryjerry1 (Hozzászólás 33192813)
Every time you upvote without bumping somebody plays Teemo.

EDIT 05/22/13: WOW 10k views, 1k views in just a few days, awesome :D

PD: Have a logo to support the cause:

Kingirth 11-24-2012 05:03 AM

I'm pretty sure its not a bannable offense to play garen and why would they put revive and smite in the game if its considered trolly?
You sound like the whiney little ***** to me

Nekrocow 11-30-2012 09:46 PM

What do you guys think? We need to participate if we want solutions.

NotDevan 11-30-2012 09:48 PM

vote-kick would be a nice feature for obvious trolls, although I expect it would be abused against anyone who picks a champion that isn't rigidly engrained in the meta.

Sullane 11-30-2012 09:50 PM

****ty poll. Downvoting.

Luhz 11-30-2012 09:50 PM

theres no way

people who want to play the game a little differently will constantly be punished for it

mwarme 11-30-2012 09:50 PM

Personally, I like the idea of a vote-kick and auto report system in champion select, but not because of troll picks. "toplane" champions can also pull of strategies like double-bruiser bot lane and other things of that nature. However, it would solve the problem of people who are rude or obviously attempting to be unco-operative in que. I main support so i rarely have a problem, but you wouldn't believe the people who fight over every other role. By the way, I support this only for ranked ques, because Elo matters. Norms... is norms. 5 min dodge penalty is fine.

Nekrocow 11-30-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayzial (Hozzászólás 31971102)
theres no way

people who want to play the game a little differently will constantly be punished for it

So, you think the 4 other players on your team will punish you just because? They will always agree that you are trolling when you pick something unusual?

We are talking about real trolls here, not about someone who picks Rengar/Yorick as a bot-lane support.

Vozan 11-30-2012 10:03 PM

Kick vote would be abused, a lot.

Reporting should be an option, though.

Peak 12-03-2012 12:34 PM

Reporting is a horrible idea. I could see it being greatly abused by trolls.

Kick vote? Sounds okay. Can it be abused? Yes.
Solution? How about only implementing a queue timer as a penalty if they've been kicked from 2 or 3 games in the past 30 minutes or an hour?

People rocking four man teams just vote kicking all the time wouldn't be able to abuse others as easily that way. You could even implement a method to see if these players are vote kicking others out (successfully) more often than the system expects, and investigate those players to ensure they're not just trolling.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:06 PM.
1234511 ... 19


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc