League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] Draznath, Aspect of Elements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2829542)

Draznath 11-22-2012 06:47 PM

[Champion Concept] Draznath, Aspect of Elements

Draznath, Aspect of the Elements

Introduction
Draznath is an AP mage that focuses on casting spells in a sequential combination that the player controls. He also brings some utility to the team such as slows.

Lore
Still working on this (1st draft):

Draznath was among the mages of Shurima that witnessed the chaos and destruction of Xerath. Draznath was a close friend of Xerath's, before Xerath became indulged in his inner power. After trapping Xerath into an enchanted sarcophagus and sealing him in an underground tomb, Draznath began his own journey. Draznath wanted to understand what Xerath had learned, and what he had known. Draznath found Xerath's old scriptures. He began to experiment with them and adding in his own modifications.

Some years later Draznath had completely worked through Xerath's rituals. He now knew why Xerath did what he did. Draznath too would perfom his own ritual, a modification of Xerath's. The reaction was far worse than he had imagined. As Xerath had emerged as a being of pure arcane energy, Draznath emerged as a being of pure elements: water, earth, air, and fire. But with his newfound power came new disasters. The ritual wiped out the entire remaining Shurima mage population and displaced the land. Draznath blamed Xerath for the destruction, for without his incident this destruction would have never existed. Draznath set forth to find the tomb of Xerath, to end the torment forever. Whilst searching, Draznath was drawn towards the power of Valoran's nexuses. Upon reaching the land, there on the battlefield was his old friend, new enemy, Xerath.

Attributes
Mage

Attacks: 2
Defense: 4
Spells: 8
Difficulty: 7

Skills
Passive: Aspect Change - Draznath’s spells cause him to take on an aspect, changing his appearance and granting his next ability an additional effect. Draznath gains Magic Penetration equal to 5% of his AP.

Q - Tidal Force

Draznath summons a blast of water that hits targets in a cone for Magic Damage: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+0.5 per ability power).

Bonus Effects:
Aspect of Earth: Targets are slowed by 10% for 5 seconds.
Aspect of Wind: Increases the length of the wave by 75.
Aspect of Fire: Targets burn for 10 / 25 / 40 / 55 / 75 (+.1 per ability power) every second for 3 seconds.

W - Boulder Toss

Draznath hurls a boulder at target location. Targets in the center take Magic Damage: 75 / 120 / 165 / 210 / 255 (+0.6 per ability power), targets on the outside take 25% reduced damage from this ability.

Bonus Effects:
Aspect of Water: All targets are slowed by 10% for 5 seconds.
Aspect of Wind: All targets take the increased damage.
Aspect of Fire: The boulder leaves a crater in the ground, dealing Magic Damage over time for 5 seconds.

E - Gale Force

Draznath calls down a blast of wind around him, increasing movement speed by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35%, and removes Slows.

Bonus Effects:
Aspect of Water: Draznath leaves a trail of water on the ground, increasing Ally's movement speed as well.
Aspect of Earth: The blast slows nearby enemies.
Aspect of Fire: The blast hurts enemies for 10 / 15 / 25 / 35 / 50 Magic Damage per half second for 2 seconds.

R - Magma Flow (Available level 1)

Draznath summons a stream of magma outward. Targets standing in the stream take Magic Damage Per Second: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 95 (+0.3 per ability power). Lasts 6 seconds.

Bonus Effects:
Aspect of Water: Champions affected by Magma Flow leave a trail of Magma while moving for 5 seconds.
Aspect of Earth: Work in progress
Aspect of Wind: Magma Flow’s length and width is increased.

Playable Roles:

I imagine Draznath being played as an AP Carry. He is a long range mage with different ways to control his opponents through slows and stuns. Having his 'R' available at level one leaves the player to decide which ability won't get maxed out. The Aspect mechanic allows the player to control his own Combination of spells.

Appearance:

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: ~180 pounds
While in Runeterra, Draznath is seen as a human. He appears to be more elderly, but still has a big and powerful body. While in an aspect, his appearance changes:
Aspect of Water: Appears to be made of water, with water dripping from him.
Aspect of Earth: Appears to be made of rock
Aspect of Wind: Appears to be made of wind (Grey-ish gust). Floats insteads of walks.
Aspect of Fire: Appears to be made of fire, with sparks coming off of him.

Draznath's auto attack projectile changes based on his current Aspect buff:
Aspect of Water: Small jet of water.
Aspect of Earth: Little Rocks.
Aspect of Winds: Small gust
Aspect of Fire: Small fireballs.
Not in an aspect (only until he casts his first spell): Kind of a colorful energy ball.

Voice, Joke, Taunt, Dance:

Draznath carries a strong and deep voice.

Selection:
- I control those which we are made of!

Movement/Attacking:
-"I'm there."
-"Consider it done."
-"Of course."

Joke:
Work in progress.

Taunt:
You think you're tough? Let me give you a taste of what you're made of!

Dance - Let's be honest, the most important part of any champion ;) -
Draznath begins to flash through his colors very quickly and does the disco/John Travolta moves from Saturday Night Fever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvGO9N69ZkE)

Recommended Build:
I recommend building Draznath as an AP Carry. Take 21 points in the Offense mastery tree, picking up points all major AP skills. Take 9 points in Utility for more mana sustain, or 9 in Defense if you need the extra defense.

Take flat AP quints, magic penetration reds, Health or Armor yellows, and magic resistance blues.

Recommended items:
Start:
Doran's Ring, Health Pot x2, Warding Totem

Essential Items:
Sorcerer's Shoes, Athene's Holy Grail, Void Staff

Offensive Items:
Rabadon's Deathcap, Liandry's Torment, Zhonya's Hourglass

Defensive Items:
Banshee's Veil, Randuin's Omen, Guardian's Angel

Draznath 11-23-2012 06:33 AM

bump

Draznath 11-25-2012 01:52 PM

!!!

Draznath 11-25-2012 05:41 PM

Bump dat

Draznath 11-28-2012 12:53 AM

Forever bumpin

Deielleye 11-29-2012 04:22 PM

I'm really liking this champion idea!

Merce in trainin 11-29-2012 04:31 PM

you beat me to the punch with that idea for a champion using the 4 major elements. nonetheless, he sounds like he would be fun to play and master :)

Draznath 12-01-2012 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merce in trainin (Hozzászólás 31933024)
you beat me to the punch with that idea for a champion using the 4 major elements. nonetheless, he sounds like he would be fun to play and master :)

Thanks! I really think he'd be fun to play in game :)

felinerx 12-01-2012 04:45 AM

I like the idea of a champion based around the four major elements, but it'd be a really fiddly thing, wouldn't it? Since there would be so many ways to create such a champion and there would be so many possibilities.

However the champ is created, you've got my support, this would be awesome.

Draznath 12-01-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felinerx (Hozzászólás 31975734)
I like the idea of a champion based around the four major elements, but it'd be a really fiddly thing, wouldn't it? Since there would be so many ways to create such a champion and there would be so many possibilities.

Agreed, Riot could take a number of different routes to create a champion based on the four classic elements. This is just my take and how I'd design it =)