League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Item Request: Damage-Oriented Wooglet's alternative (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2828332)

Galgus 11-22-2012 09:56 AM

Item Request: Damage-Oriented Wooglet's alternative

While Wooglets is a great item, the survivability it grants often feels like wasted stats on mages who stay safe in Dominion's backlines.

As a side issue, backline burst mages often have trouble bursting down the Bruisers that frequent the map, so I propose that an offensive Wooglets alternative help burst mages in this way

Hat of Tons of Damage:

Blasting Rod + Needlessly Large Rod + 1300 gold

Total Cost= 3760

-------------------------------

+ 140 Ability Power

UNIQUE Passive: Increases Ability Power by 30%

UNIQUE Active: Your spells do an extra 10% true damage for 4 seconds. (80 second cool-down.)

My goal with this item is to give mages a choice between maximizing damage and an active suited for burst damage or anti-bruiser armor and an active to help frontline mages counteract focusing.

urmamasllama 11-22-2012 09:58 AM

the words safe and dominion don't really go together. there is a reason most mages build FH

konfetarius 11-22-2012 10:00 AM

It's called Deathfire Grasp (in the upcoming patch anyway) and Blackfire Torch.

Galgus 11-22-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konfetarius (Hozzászólás 31709574)
It's called Deathfire Grasp (in the upcoming patch anyway) and Blackfire Torch.

Blackfire is strong and Deathfire will be strong, but building both of them and a Wooglets is a massive delay on building CDR.

Given that Bruisers are unlikely to drop in a single spell rotation, CDR is extremely important on the map for keeping abilities up to sustain damage and help survival spells* come up sooner.

*(By this I mean spells that can help you survive- CC, flashes, ect.)

It is true that some mages* can get away without CDR more than others due to a damage source not very tied to it, but many cannot.

(Kennen, Swain, ect.)

Orphane 11-22-2012 10:26 AM

You're not even going to be able to afford all 3 of them in a game without crippling yourself. If you want fast cdr get Sweeper. That's what it's there for.

Also this item is a horrible idea because Rabadon's was a horrible idea on Dominion.

Galgus 11-22-2012 10:33 AM

Why was Rabadon's a horrible idea on Dominion?

I'm not saying that good CDR options do not exist, but that choosing one of them is necessary on many mages and that between boots, CDR, and Wooglets mage's don't have much leftover gold to buy other items before end-game.

urmamasllama 11-22-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galgus (Hozzászólás 31709707)
Blackfire is strong and Deathfire will be strong, but building both of them and a Wooglets is a massive delay on building CDR.

Given that Bruisers are unlikely to drop in a single spell rotation, CDR is extremely important on the map for keeping abilities up to sustain damage and help survival spells* come up sooner.

*(By this I mean spells that can help you survive- CC, flashes, ect.)

It is true that some mages* can get away without CDR more than others due to a damage source not very tied to it, but many cannot.

(Kennen, Swain, ect.)

BFT and new DFG both give CDR so what are you talking about?

Galgus 11-22-2012 11:08 AM

Apologies on the BFT mistake, but DFG doesn't give CDR in its current form.

Anyway, CDR options are just a sidenote in this thread- the true discussion is about a Wooglets alternative for mages that do not want its survivability.

BFT is far more of a harass/ sustained damage item than a burst mage's friend anyway.

FDru 11-22-2012 01:18 PM

If you can go all game without getting focused, I don't think you really need more offense cause you're going to win anyway.

FeanorAlmighty 11-22-2012 02:00 PM

You know that Rabandon's was removed purely because it was too expensive for that it offered? Now you throw in an even more costly item. If you don't want survivability, then you are doing it wrong.